Chapter 67 - Goodbye (3)

Sunlight poured inside the room with a golden flow. Despite the heavy cream colored curtains blocking most of the rays, it was still able to make its way inside lighting up a portion of the dim room.

"Hmm?" Pier groggily opened his eyes which were met by the unlit chandeliers hanging above his head.

"Is it morning already?" He slowly got out of the bed and rubbed his eyes a few times before deciding it was now the time to fully get out.

Somehow, he felt delighted because Asher had promised him he would come back to meet and spend more time with him. Pier's heartbeat quickened at the memory and he immediately went to fetch his clothes inside the closet.

Creak. He rummaged around the hanged clothes and started looking for one that he thinks would be the best for today. It might not seem much to others but spending every day with Asher was a privilege he highly valued.

"Should I go with a coat today or should I just leave the shirt be?" He weighed the two options while holding the coat in his hand and looking at it intently.

"Let's just not wear this today." Once he was able to decide, Pier checked himself in the mirror and fixed his appearance. His hair was messy and strands were sticking out in odd directions. "Hmm... this goes here... and here..." The young master continued fixing his hair until he heard some odd noises outside.

His eyes widened and he became stiff.

The delightful feeling he had when he woke up immediately went down the drain and anxiety filled his heart.

The birds chirping... he should've noticed it the first thing. No, even the sunlight coming into his room...

He did not notice any of it and now that he did, he was suddenly consumed in a state of surprise and dread.

"Asher..." He mumbled underneath his breath when he recognize the two voices that were conversing.

When Asher leaves the dream they are sharing and when Pier goes into sleep, the world stops right where they left it be.

Literally.

There was no progress with the events if the two main characters of this world aren't present. However, the birds were chirping and the sun rising, these were all indications that the world continued to move while Pier slept.

"Asher..." he mumbled again before slowly turning his head to the window where the voices were coming from.

Thump! His heart pounded in his chest as his body seemed like to have a mind of its own as it started to head to the window.

'No... don't go...' Yet despite his pleads, his body overpowered his thoughts and eventually, Pier found himself standing behind the gap of the two giant curtains that tried to cover his windows.

His hands trembled as he slowly parted the windows more so he can see better.

Ever since he was a child and as far as he can remember, Pier never knew what it means to love and be loved. He did know that it was love that he held for the Crown Prince, he just wasn't sure how to word it properly.

Was it the tingling sensation tickling your heart whenever you see the person you are in love with?

Was it the skipping of your heart whenever you think of them?

He did not know.

Though Pier knew what heartbreak felt like.

It was the thing in front of him.