Chapter 118 - Kyu

The two walked in silence as the bushes were moved apart by the translucent barrier surrounding the white-haired man. Perez followed behind him without speaking anything and just looking at the back of Silas' head.

A few minutes passed with just the young king walking aimlessly and the young duke following him.

To the latter's surprise, there seems to be no sign of any monster. It was a weird feeling. When he is alone earlier, each minute, a new monster pops up and tries to attack him but with this man, everything seems to vanish.

"Why did you do that?" He asked once he finally gathered the courage to speak and the fear from the ogre encounter subsided. The young king stopped walking and turned to look at him.

"What do you mean?"

"Earlier..."

"Killing the ogre or helping you run away from the orbs?"

"Both..."

The white-haired king pursed his lips before smiling and shaking his head. "Is it wrong for me to help someone who needs saving?" He asked and this time, it was Perez's turn to pause after hearing the response.

"But you don't even know me-"

"So?" His eyes widened and he looked directly into the man's eyes. He hadn't seen something like that throughout his whole life. He had never seen a pair of eyes containing two different colors.

"Helping someone doesn't require me knowing anything about them." After speaking, the young king smiled again before turning his back on Perez and walking aimlessly inside the Nightmare Hollow.

If Perez was just being honest, it was weird seeing a person be so carefree while exploring the Nightmare Hollow. Even the six strongest warriors had to keep their guard up in case anything happened yet here was Belmaid's visitor making sure he could take in the sight of the trees, bushes, and berries-

"That's poisonous!" Perez instantly called out when he saw the young master picking up a couple of orange berries from the nearby bush he found and was about to eat one of it. Silas stopped midway and grinned before he chuckled and threw the berries away.

"See? Helping doesn't require you to know anything about the person," he spoke and continued walking. Perez was left there standing feeling dumbfounded because he just realized he proved the young master's point.

Once he regained himself, he hurried up to walk behind Silas again.

"But seriously, you shouldn't try just helping anyone, especially in this competition. You wouldn't know if they'll try attacking you," he spoke and this time, Perez didn't notice that the walls he had built around himself were slowly crumbling around the man in front of him.

He had been keeping it to himself earlier since Pier saved him but with just a little poke at the defenses he made, one brick fell at a time.

His reserved words were slowly getting out.

"Yeah, saw some guys killing each other earlier before I saw you," Silas remarked and it stumped the young duke with how nonchalant the tone was.

"And before you ask me, I didn't save any of them. Heard they were fighting it off to death and settling something. Not my cup of tea," he added leaving the man behind him more bewildered.

"But you just saved a random stranger being chased by an orc?" He retorted and he saw the young master's shoulders shrug. "Killing each other and being killed by an orc are two different things. Listen-" Silas abruptly turned to look at Perez but he stopped when his head hit the man's jaw.