Chapter 82 - Full Moon

"You're getting on my nerves, Ronnovian," Silas spoke with an annoyed smile on his face. He was actually surprised to see Ronnovian out of the blue here in the garden. The young king simply meant to see Asher but his missing 'father' showed up.

Of course, he had other plans for Ronnovian. He simply couldn't let the man somehow disappear from the face of the earth just like that. However, it seemed like he had to cancel them now.

"Your highness, please head back to the palace," the headmaster instructed as he moved his hands in a silent motion in which flames erupted beside him and a creature came out from the flames. It touched Asher's shoulder but surprisingly, the prince did not flinch upon contact with the burning creature.

Despite his surprise as well with the headmaster's appearance, Asher obliged to Ronnovian's words and allowed himself to be led back to the palace by the fire creature.

Once the prince was out of sight, Ronnovian turned his head to the young king who, in return, gave him an analyzing glare and it felt like as if his entire being was being questioned by the white-haired king.

"It's surprising you didn't stop him from returning knowing your nature," Ronnovian commented which had Silas raising his eyebrow in amusement at the statement. "You'd do anything to get what you want-"

"And healing him is not my want." Silas sighed as he finished interrupting Ronnovian's words. He wasn't in the mood right now to really speak with anyone, even Asher at that, but he had to go here and since Ronnovian was also present, he needed to converse with the man.

"If I did want to heal him that much, your head would've landed on the ground already."

"You've become bolder than you already are."

Unknowingly, Silas let out a chuckle. Had he become bolder as what Ronnovian have said? He couldn't quite imagine it. Looking at himself, there was never a time he had been a coward upon living in this world.

"Bolder? Ronnovian, if I were the person you thought had become much daring, I wouldn't have to speak with you right now." He turned his back from the headmaster and sighed again.

He just wanted to go home and be with his family.

Ronnovian wasn't one of his priorities right now and the headmaster can go fuck himself or whatever he desired in life.

"I limit what I can do. I may be bold but I never allow myself to take a step further than that."

"Why is that?"

"Because the world will end."

Ronnovian flinched in his spot as his body shivered on the cold statement.

"I see."

Silence ensued between them with only the cold zephyrs whispering their enchanting lullabies in their ears.

There was no tension between Ronnovian and Silas. As a matter of fact, there seemed to be a force of ignorance coming from the latter towards the former.

"How have you been, Pier-" Ronnovian tried to break the silence but in a split second, no, he wasn't even able to bat an eye when a sword made out of ice was pointed in his chest.

Silas looked at him with furrowed eyebrows. The tip of the ice sword touched the skin of the headmaster's neck and instantly, blood trickled from it.

"You do not ask the dead how they've been as if they just recovered from sickness, uncle," the young king spoke in a lowly voice.

Ronnovian was testing him and he knew it.

"My, you aren't trying to hide your identity anymore?" Ronnovian asked in an amused tone while chuckling. The vibrations of his shoulders made Silas squint his eyes further before retracting his ice sword.