Chapter 124 - 97th

"Shit..." Matt cursed as he was pushed back a few feet away. Both of his arms were crossed in front of him and a transparent blue shield was present which blocked the attacks of the monstrosity in front of him.

Strong winds appeared along with the attack that struck him and he took in a deep breath as he could feel something painful in his chest.

'I won't last long...' The corner of his lips twitched as he continuously took in deep breaths. It didn't take long before blood started coming out from his mouth and it continuously flowed to the ground.

It had only been ten minutes since the Apparition of Death appeared and he was already close to being taken out of the battle.

Looking forward, he gulped and the metallic taste of blood flooded his senses. However, he couldn't care less for now. He was more worried about the giant grim reaper-looking creature that wielded a scythe in each hand.

It was strong, so strong that one attack costs him significant damage that any challenge had dealt so far.

"Why am I even complaining..." he coughed and looked at the sky where two people are doing more job than he could ever do.

One of them was the only triple S-Class hunter in the entire country wielding a sword in each hand and relentlessly attacking the monster.

Lysander Perez is not just a force to be reckoned with. He isn't the country's strongest hunter for no reason at all. Each time he attacked the Apparition of Death, it would strike the monster with such great force that it had to take a step back from the damage he was dealing.

He had seen the man in battle so many times already but tonight, it felt like there was something different with him. Something that Matt couldn't explain properly. But then, his gaze shifted from Perez to the other person floating in the air.

His eyes particularly lingered on the man.

'He looks like an angel for some reason...' He thought as he assessed the young king's appearance.

'Wow...' Silas was dressed in an all-black attire which made his white hair and alabaster skin stand out so much. A glowing white crown was on top of his head and a wind barrier was surrounding his body. In his hand was a bow and an arrow which did not deplete as he fired one after another, a new one magically appeared in his palms as if the wind was under his command.

Not only that, three glowing orbs were encircling his body.

Each wind orb was also attacking the Apparition of Death with the same arrows Silas was using.

"He's firing four arrows at once..."

Silas was in fact, the one dealing the most damage right now. The man's gaze was set on the Apparition of Death with full concentration before it shifted and looked back at Matt's.

Surprised by the action, Matthew's eyes widened.

"Look out!" Silas yelled which he surprisingly heard considering the white-haired king was high up in the air. Matt immediately looked back at the monster and using his skill, he strengthened his body and the transparent blue shield became even more prominent.

The apparition struck again and this time, he could feel the blades of the scythe starting to pierce his shield.

This caused Matt to panic.

No matter how many times he had fought this challenge, he was always in a state of panic in every one of them.

How could he not?

"GAAAARGH!" The monster screamed as it added more force to the blades digging into Matt's shield.

Even if he was an S-Class Hunter that specialized in tanking damage, it was still to hard dealing with something like this. There was just something different with the apparition's attacks.