Chapter 96 - Basket and Boxes (2)

A/N: Y'all, I uploaded a new story and it's called 'shutter'. It's part of my project as a member of Wattpad's Creators Program and I'll be updating it almost daily  :P Go read it >:( mehehehe

---

Ciaran paused for a second as he looked at the basket in his hand.

"I'm hungry," he whispered to himself as he started walking again through the busy streets of the capital.

"Master!" A man called from afar and he halted his steps to let the fairy catch up to him.

"What is it?" He asked as he looked at the sky. It was almost the end of summer and fall was about to come. Maybe that's why it was cold. He liked the cold. It was better than summer where it was hot and humid.

"Please be careful with your aura. We do not want any casualties around here," Fluffy muttered when he reached Ciaran and the latter looked at him with lazy eyes. "About my aura? Why? What happened?" The fairy had a look of disbelief on his face when Ciaran said that.

"Earlier... The woman earlier..." he tried to remind his master but Ciaran seems to be out of it. In an instant, Fluffy wondered what was wrong because Ciaran wasn't usually like this.

However, one look in his master's eyes immediately gave away the reason for the fazed attitude the vampire king was showing.

'Red?' Fluffy asked himself.

They were currently in the capital city of the Belmaid Empire when Ciaran decided he should buy some food for the white-haired king when all of a sudden, his attitude changed. Fluffy wondered what the cause of that was but he now knew.

"Master..." he mumbled but didn't bother catching up to Ciaran anymore when he saw the direction the vampire king was heading to. Sighing, he could only shake his head and turn his back.

As much as he wanted to stay with his masters in their trip here in Belmaid, Fluffy also has a kingdom to manage because that was the primary task Silas had given him when he possessed King Caldor's body.

The fairy started to search for a place where he can teleport without anyone's attention on him so he immediately went to one of the alleyways Ciaran had emerged from earlier. He made a mental note to come back here after a few hours to watch over his master who looked like he needs desperate care from the white-haired king.

It was also a specific task the Sovereign of Magic had instructed him before they arrived here. Fluffy should assure that their plans are going well. No one should die in Belmaid by the hands of the vampire king because the two knew how short-tempered Ciaran was especially when he was aggravated.

"I have to inform Master Silas first," he concluded once he reached the dark alleyways of the capital. Black smoke emerged from Fluffy's feet and once it surrounded his entire body, he teleported.

---

"My love?" Ciaran murmured as if he was whispering while looking at the building in front of him.

There were bright lights installed on the outside and knights were also stationed at the entrance. It was clear that someone of important status was staying here based from the level of magic and strengths the knights on guard possessed as Ciaran assessed it.

Aside from that, he also felt the strong aura of the white-haired king from the second floor of the building.

With his clouded thoughts, Ciaran was about to step out from the shadows of the alleyway he was hiding in when someone grabbed his arm. His instincts instantly went wild and he harshly looked at the entity that touched him.