Chapter 110 - Festival

Today was the day that the festival would commence.

People started gathering in the capital and they all wore their best clothes. Every member of the family attended in order not to miss one of the most highly anticipated events in the empire. Smiles and greetings were exchanged everywhere. A lot of unmarried ladies formed groups as they looked at the most eligible bachelors that the empire has to offer while the bachelors themselves were also doing the same, trying to scout the most beautiful girl in the entirety of Belmaid.

It was joyous, it was festive.

The capital's streets were bustling with people and there were stalls in every corner selling various types of goods ranging from food, weapons, and antique items that came from other territories. Merchants from Belmaid and other kingdoms were the most prevalent here.

Kids were playing with their friends and none were worried about the safety of everyone as knights were stationed all around the city too. They stood guard with their swords beside them. The mages are to take over their places once the emperor finishes his announcement and gets off the stage.

At this point, everyone was just waiting for the reflective magic devices to appear in the sky to see the emperor walking up to the stage and starting his speech.

Winter is about to come while fall has taken its time passing by. The sun didn't shine the brightest but the streets were also filled with magic orbs that illuminated every single crevice of the capital. It was beautiful. There were various colors of the magic orbs ranging from white, red, orange, yellow, and blue. These colors made people happier than they already were as it felt like even though winter was about to come, they would be in complete safety from the harsh winds.

"There are so many people here, father!" A child with black hair and blue eyes gleamed as he was being carried by his parent. They both wore a black cloak and if it weren't for the endless sea of people, they would've been easily noticed but that wasn't the case today. They blended in well with the population so they were freely walking around.

"Sure is a lot."

"It's beautiful too! It's almost like when Dad gave his blessing to our kingdom!"

"You think so?"

"Mhm!"

They walked around aimlessly, just enjoying the ambiance and the food around them. Raegan was holding a skewered squid in one hand and a cup of peach juice in the other. His head was looking from left to right as his smile was evident.

"When do we see dad, father?" He asked after a few more minutes of sightseeing and they stopped on a park that was in the middle of the city. They sat on one of the benches and Raegan started eating his food.

"In a few minutes."

"Oh... I can't wait! I haven't seen Dad in so long!"

"I know. That's why you should pay attention and watch so you won't forget." Although Raegan missed his dad so much, he was still happy because his father was there to keep him company that's why he didn't feel so alone. Besides, he knew that he'd see his dad soon when he was done with his errands in this empire.

"Their empire sure is big. Isn't it, father?" The dragon asked while chewing on the squid kebab.

"It is. They have many lands and territories."

"That sounds good. Does it mean we can also have our own empire soon?"

"..." Ciaran thought about Raegan's question while looking in the distance. "We do have an empire."

"Really?" The vampire king nodded his head as he ruffled his son's hair. "If you consider the kingdom your Uncle Fluffy owns then as well as our kingdom then yes, it could be an empire."