Chapter 25 - Forms

Everyone stood with pride on their faces.

Their cries had subsided and the tears have stopped falling.

Bringing out the fears that they have hidden inside their hearts and granting them the solution for those fears were the best solution that could be done.

It was by the nature of most rational and intelligent creatures. Humans and vampires have a lot in common such as being complacent.

Pier knew that too.

Because they were no longer fighting for their lives and are living freely, he knew it would come to the point the citizens would eventually get lax and he did not want that.

He, as a king and a ruler, aspired for his people to progress and continue moving forward.

"Does that mean they are no longer vampires?" The vampire king, who was cradling his son in his arms, asked wherein Pier shook his head.

"What does it mean to be a vampire?" He inquired in return and Ciaran contemplated his response for a second.

"What are the unique characteristics that vampires possessed other creatures don't that makes them distinctive?" Raegan shuffled a little in his sleep when he heard his dad's voice.

"Vampires are one of the creatures that spawned from the darkness. They require blood to live and as long as there is blood, they will not die nor wither." The response was direct to the point and Pier liked that.

"Correct. And I did not remove any of those." He turned his back on the citizens who were now starting to fret with their new appearances and power.

"The citizens can still consume blood if they desire. They will experience cravings from time to time and what I removed is its necessity for them to live." He looked at the skies of the void that were now clear from the thick gray clouds that served as one of his apparatuses in mirroring the fears in the vampires' hearts.

"They will survive even without blood and through my magic, I altered their parts that require blood to function. Instead, I made it that they will require magic," he added and Ciaran had a slightly confused look on his face.

"Magic?"

Nodding his head, Pier raised his hand to touch one of the light spheres that got close to him. The material gleamed brightly when it came in contact with his finger which made the sovereign smile.

"They will not die even if there is no blood but they will if they lacked magic. But I also fixed that." The light sphere bobbed up and down in excitement before the other light spheres noticed and they all gathered around the sovereign.

He was being embraced by so many light orbs that it looked phenomenal.

"As long as the Sovereign of Magic and the world exist, they will never run out of supply." Pier chuckled when some of the light orbs started to pull his fingers but they were too weak when it comes to physical strength so it made no effect on him.

"They are still vampires but I fixed their flaws. After all, it is what they desire. To be flawless and faultless." It was such a faraway dream for any creature to wish.

None could come in terms of being perfect.

Humans live shortly for seventy years on average but they can wield magic and advance without rest. They are weak in nature but they can do many things to make up for that weakness.

Vampires on the other hand can live forever but need to consume blood from time to time for them to live. They are weak against holy magic and usually cannot perform extensive magic spells as humans could.