Chapter 15 - Hold my Hand

"It is my first time introducing myself to you, Asher. I'm Silas, Pier's twin brother," Pier spoke with a small smile on his face. In an instant, a horrified look made its way to the Crown Prince's face.

He felt like he was seeing something he shouldn't with how wide his eyes were.

"S-Silas..." He stuttered and Pier nodded his head.

"How... B-But... But you're..."

"Dead?" Pier, no, Silas finished the sentence for him and Asher looked at him with a mouth left open.

"I guess I was. Many things have happened and I should've been dead." Once more, the young king turned his back on the Crown Prince.

His heart itself was heavy and he wanted to cry. Pour an endless rain of tears on the ground where a new possibility would arise. However, when rain drops on the cemented ground, no plants will grow, no trees will bear fruit, and no opportunities will come.

"But with the sacrifices of some, I was able to live. I continued living life and seeing the world." His back was wide and the black suit he wore made his entire frame shine like dazzling sparkles under the glimmering moonlight.

The way his white hair danced along with the warm spring winds, the way his unblemished skin literally glowed, the way his beauty shone like a million stars dancing through the heavens could make anyone's heart fall on their feet.

"My father died trying to save my soul while my mother faced the same fate doing the exact same thing. Aren't they a little too brave for that?" He casually laughed as he thought about it.

The scenes that the original Pier had presented before him in his dreams were disturbing. It made his heart wrench in so much pain and frustration but he did not cry.

Why?

"I have lived my life facing the worst," Silas spoke out of nowhere.

He grew up poor, alone, abused, exploited, damaged, broken, used, and destroyed.

"Knowing how my parents in this world died made me sad. That's true." Slowly, he reached his hand out as if he was touching the sky.

"But also knowing they succeeded in what they wanted to happen lessened that sadness. It made me happy." He smiled and Asher saw Silas' eyes sparkle.

It's as if they reflected what was above them. The endless vast sky that contained the universe.

"There might be questions running in your head and so do I. I have a lot of things I wanted to ask and have answers to but for now, I could not have them." Asher watched as the man's eyes closed and he submerged himself in the warmth procured by the spring winds.

His magic was scattered around covering everything but it did not release a cold feeling that made the breeze chilly.

"I've learned a few philosophical things when I lived my previous life and one of those is that questions will always appear no matter how much we try to answer everything. Isn't it amazing?" Silas asked as he slowly procured a hum.

His gentle voice seems to have serenaded the land as his ice magic that covered the entire palace's garden slowly glowed.

"How will I live in the future? Would I be rich? Would I be poor? Will I become famous? Or will I be someone whom no one recognizes? Those were the things I often wondered." With a smile on his face, Silas slowly moved his head along the hum he produced as if he truly enjoyed it.

"But you know what was the question I have always asked myself?" He then opened his eyes and Asher became breathless as the ice that covered the garden exploded into countless sparkles that ascended into the air.