Chapter 53 - Blessing of the Light

It wasn't windy yet the trees were dancing with glee. The grasses were swaying along the majestic flow of magic submerged within their very roots. Flowers were blooming all around the place and sparkles appeared from time to time which amazed everybody.

"Wow..." Caleb muttered underneath his breath as he looked around the entire place. People were gathering together in groups and they were all conversing with smiles on their faces. It was beautiful. On the other hand, Gideon was just silent as he also observed the forest.

The entire Mir Mountains was literally glowing with vibrant colors. One could not fully describe how beautiful it looked yet one could experience the wonderful scenario created by one of the founding kings.

It seemed like the entire forest was singing in joy!

Melodious music also coursed around the enormous campfire built by the vampires as others played instruments while some danced with the music. It was a full-blown feast prepared for the blessings given by the Sovereign of Magic.

"Brother, this is breathtaking!" Caleb yelled at the top of his lungs which made the young swordmaster smile. Indeed, it was enthralling and captivating.

They haven't experienced such thing before as they lived in an orphanage. Though they did have occasional trips, it was never in places as beautiful as this nor did they ever see such an enormous feast presented.

Even Gideon was left speechless with how beautiful everything was. The glowing forest, the swaying trees, the beautiful flowers that bloomed, and everyone with smiles on their faces.

They never imagined they would reach this point.

Him, the vampires, and the children refugees of Mir.

They were all at one point in life where they considered living the worst for the remainder of their lives yet here they are, at this point, where they can freely soar the skies with their arms and feet.

Such wonderful feeling that could compare to none is a blessing itself.

And every single time someone met another person, a phrase was passed by mouth and hands.

"May the blessing of the light be upon you," Fluffy spoke when he reached Caleb and Gideon.

They were unsure of what to respond first but eventually, Caleb smiled and he followed the actions that Fluffy did. He first touched his forehead and closed his eyes for a short moment before reopening them. Caleb then proceeded to touch his chest where his heart was and then imagined a flow of magic coming from his own body be transferred towards Fluffy by offering his hand. "May the blessing of the light be upon you," he responded.

Fluffy nodded in contentment with how Caleb quickly caught onto it before looking at Gideon with a raised eyebrow. Rolling his eyes, Gideon touched his forehead too and closed his eyes before opening them again. He then touched his chest and imagined as if he was transferring the light's blessing towards Fluffy in a flow of his hand.

"May the blessing of the light be upon you," he responded in a grumble.

"The light's blessing won't be upon me if you grumble its words."

"Duh."

Gideon huffed before turning his back from the two wherein Caleb was giggling and Fluffy had a disapproving look on his face.

"Is this the new tradition of our kingdom?" He asked while looking at the fireflies that flew all around and gave the forest much more light. The dead fairy nodded his head while ruffling Caleb's hair. "Yes. Since we are the first generation given with the light's blessing, it is our duty to create a practice that would be passed down for generations and generations to come who will also receive the light's blessing."