Collaboration: Chapter 60 - In my dreams

Hello! I'm back, after the longest time without publishing anything. Once again, I am doing a collaboration with my super friend Asoukiia

I swear these chapters are so fun to write. This time, we gave each other a word/concept, and we had to create a story based on that.
She gave me the word "Dream".
I gave her "Vacation", so check out her chapter, that is awesome as always.
I hope you like what I came up with!
——————————————————————————————————————————————————

A Peregrine falcon was flying above the island of Cairnholm. The sky was gray and the clouds would vanish as soon as the bird's wings touched them. This was not a regular falcon. Its main form was actually the one of a beautiful woman, who possessed the ability of turning into the incredibly fast animal. Her name was Alma, and as the headmistress of the home for peculiar children, flying, enjoying the wind, while emitting loud squeaks, was what made her feel free.

Then, she found herself, now in her human form, seated on the dock of the island. She was watching a ferry leave, turning smaller with the distance. She could feel tears rolling down her cheeks, though she was unable to point out why she was distressed. As an impulse, she got into the water, it soaking her body completely. She did know how to swim, but the waves were making it way more difficult. As a matter of fact, she was not even trying that hard to swim. She did not even feel the lack of air underwater. The tide was taking her, and she just floated...

----- ------ ------ ------ -------

Alma woke up. She was in her room, in her comfortable bed. She still had the odd sensation of the vivid dream. It was at least the third time she had dreamed the exact same thing. It was definitely trying to tell her something, or more like she was trying to unconsciously tell herself something, but she was not being able to figure it out yet. Shaking her thoughts away, she got up, and started getting ready for the day. She was so punctual that it seemed that even her dreams knew when to end when it was time.

After breakfast, while the children were playing around, Miss Peregrine was at the backyard, seated on a bench, under the shadow of a tree. Next to her, there was Jake. She had told him about her dream, and the fact that it had repeated itself. He listened attentively, as usual. He was really easy to talk to. He wanted Alma to feel comforted, as he valued so much everything she would do for him and the people around him.

J- Some dreams are truly so odd.

M.P- Yes... This one's getting annoying... Can't I dream about something else? (She said playfully).

J- Something like what?

M.P- I don't know. Whatever doesn't involve crying or drowning. Something more pleasant, maybe.

J- Right. (He said, his cheeks flushing, as he interpreted the last part of what she said in a different direction, in regards of physical pleasure).

M.P- Considering how little I sleep, I dream lots of weird, awful things...

J- Poor you... (He said stroking her back, smiling, her smiling back).

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Later that day, Miss Peregrine found herself in the kitchen, baking cookies, with Fiona and Olive. That was a nice bonding moment, and while following the steps of the recipe, they chatted about different topics.

Having previously talked about this with Olive, Fiona said:

F- Miss, can we ask you something?