Chapter 8 - Dare

It was night time. The peculiars were now living in the present day, in Florida. Since it was quite late, the younger children were asleep already. But, in the case of the older ones, who were Enoch, Olive, Emma and Jake, they were allowed to remain awake for a little bit longer. They would sometimes watch a film, or simply chat while having a snack, for example. However, that night Jake came up with the idea of playing a game. It consisted in saying dares to each other, and to make it more interesting, if someone refused to do the challenge, they would have to drink some alcohol. When Jake suggested it, everyone was very excited, since they found it very entertaining.

Before starting to play, Jake went to Miss Peregrine's room and knocked the door. When he was allowed to come in, he opened the door and saw Miss Peregrine laying on her bed, scrolling on her mobile phone. He thought she looked so beautiful in her pajamas. Well, actually, he thought she always looked beautiful, independently of what she was wearing or what she was doing. Miss Peregrine totally knew about the huge crush Jake had on her, but it wasn't awkward, because they had talked about it, and they even had kissed a couple of times. In Miss Peregrine's case, she also liked Jake, but at the same time was willing to take it slowly, because after all, she was an ymbryne, and even though Jake wasn't a ward like the others, due to his age, behavior, and role in everything that had happened, she had to remain respected and firm.

When Miss Peregrine saw Jake at her door, she sat at the edge of her bed, and said:

M- Hi Jake, is there anything you need?

J- Um... no. We were about to play a game, and I was wondering if you wanted to come join us.

M- Really? I don't know... I don't want to interfere in your activities regarding entertainment.

J- No, you won't interfere, besides, the more we are playing the better. Please, maybe you even like it.

M- Alright then, I'll play.

J- Great! Let's go.

Jake was happy because he convinced Alma to play with them, and in Miss Peregrine's case, she was so thrilled about the fact that Jake wanted her to spend time with them, or with him. When they got downstairs, to one of the living rooms, where there were a few couches and where they would play, the other three people weren't expecting Miss Peregrine to join them, not because they didn't want her to, but they found it unusual that she would participate in those activities. After the rules of the game were clearly explained, Jake stood up, went to the kitchen, and some seconds later, came back with a bottle of vodka. Miss Peregrine was about to complain, but after thinking about its purpose, which was just to make the game more fun, she remained silent, reflecting that a few alcoholic drinks couldn't be too harmful.

When the game finally started, everything seemed to be going well. The dares were quite spicy sometimes, but there was the possibility to refuse to do them. Sometimes, they would even drink the beverage for no reason, but they were reacting quite well to it, since after all, it wasn't that much.

After a while, it was Olive's turn to dare someone, so she chose Jake. After thinking for a few seconds, she said:

O- Jake, you have to choose who to kiss. I don't count since I'm daring you.

Once this clarification was told, it was clear that Jake's only options were Emma and Miss Peregrine. The main reason why Olive said this, was because she knew that her best friend liked Jake, so she did it to give her the chance to get closer to him. Apart from that, she didn't take into account Miss Peregrine, because she concluded that it would be weird for Jake to kiss their headmistress. However, for everyone's surprise, Jake got close to Miss Peregrine and kissed her softly for a few seconds. Despite the fact that she wasn't expecting it, she responded anyway, instantly and almost automatically. When they broke apart, the rest were shocked, and had surprise looks on their faces. As they didn't want to ask anything, at least at that moment, they continued playing.

Since Jake and Alma's kiss, Emma wasn't feeling well. It hit her quite hard, and she wanted to go to her room. she played for a few more rounds, to avoid making it too obvious that the reason why she was uncomfortable was the previous event, and then she spoke:

E- You know guys, I am tired. I'll go to my room, continue without me.

The response for that was:

O- Don't worry, I'm tired as well. Maybe we should end it here.

J- Yeah, I'll go to bed too.

As they said, they picked up the things used and went to bed. Once they were gone, the only ones who were still at the living room were Alma and Jake. They were alone now, so Alma took advantage of it and approached Jake, before telling him:

A-Before you go to bed, do you mind coming to my room for a moment? There is something I want to ask you.

J- Of course.

They went upstairs, and once they were in Alma's bedroom, she closed the door and motioned Jake to sit next to her, on the edge of her bed. He was feeling quite drowsy and dizzy, due to the drinks he had downstairs. He did as told and at that moment, some thoughts came to his mind. He even thought about the possibility of Alma being upset at him because she didn't like him kissing her in front of the others. But what Miss Peregrine said next, left Jake even more confused, but also very excited.

A-I have one more dare for you. Would you do it?

J- Um... Yes, I would. What is it?

A-I dare you to stay here with me tonight, but you have to kiss me repeatedly and touch me. What do you think, are you willing to do so?

At first, it took a few seconds for Jake to process, but once he understood what she meant, without wasting any other instant, he grabbed her by the waist and kissed her deeply. He slowly made her lay on her bed, underneath him, who was too busy caressing her torso under her clothes. His kisses went to her neck, and as they continued lowering, when Jake reached her chest with his lips, he helped her remove her shirt, revealing her gorgeous chest, which increased his hunger for her.

They kept going like this, until there was no garment left acting as an obstacle, preventing them from actually having sex. Once Jake was inside her, he started moving, at first slowly and then faster, making her gasp, her muscles contracting, but at the same time, her feeling relaxed, being able to finally do this with the person she was so into. As minutes went by, it was getting even better, and when they reached their orgasm, they moaned loudly in pleasure.

What they had done made them feel calm. They were exhausted, so some time after snuggling in bed, they fell asleep in each other's embrace. The next morning, when they woke up, there was not the tiniest pinch or regret nor awkwardness, and that's how they knew that they did the right thing with the right person. Miss Peregrine loved how Jake touched her, with such intensity, but at the same time with such care. She adored how he made her feel, not only physically, but also emotionally, since she felt safe, comfortable and delighted all the time their encounter lasted. In Jake's case, he was so joyful about what happened between him and the woman he liked, wanted, and appreciated so much. He found her perfect. And something was for sure: he never thought that such a simple game would lead to him getting intimate with Alma, but he was indeed grateful for it.

That's it!