Collaboration: Chapter 40 - Dream catcher

Hi! This chapter is another collaboration with my friend Asoukiia, something I'm really happy about. It goes exactly the same way as the previous one, each choosing a few of the stories the other has written, combining them to create a new one.

In my case, I based myself on:

-"A la belle étoile"

- "Cauchemars"

(Both from the Miss Peregrine Recueil)

Read hers as well, they're always awesome!

I hope you like the story :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was round 8:00am in Miss Peregrine's loop. The ymbryne had awoken, gotten ready, and was then in the kitchen, preparing breakfast.

The truth was that she was feeling very tired and unwell. At night, certain thoughts and nightmares, related to her fears and worries, would not let her sleep. This was clearly something negative. She needed to do something about it, probably starting with talking to someone.

As the headmistress, she was always there for her wards, in case they needed something, including emotional support, or just to make them company. But no one was there for her.

Of course, her children cared for her, and usually helped her with what they could, but regarding actually relying on someone, who she could trust, and share her troubles with, in order to feel better, she was alone.

Nevertheless, she was partially mistaken about that thought. Jake, the last person who had joined the home, who was also older, definitely cared for her well-being, and was more than willing to provide her with some help and support. He even felt attracted to her, and really liked her as a woman, not only because of her good looks, but also her behavior, mental strength and good heart.

The time he had spent at the manor, was enough for him to conclude that he actually liked her romantically, and that he would try to show her his intentions, as politely as possible.

The young man came down the stairs, dressed, ready for the day, before the other wards, and found Miss Peregrine finishing preparing breakfast. He greeted her:

J- Good morning, Miss.

M- Good morning, Jake. How are you?

J- I'm fine, thanks. You?

M- I'm alright.

J- Nice... Is there anything I can help you with?

M- No, it's okay, breakfast is almost done. But thank you anyways.

J- Anytime. If there's anything you need, please let me know. I can imagine all the things and chores you have to do, I bet it's a lot...

M- Yes, you're right, it's quite a lot... But I think I can handle it. (She said smiling).

He thought she was charming. As discretely as possible, he stared at her in detail. She was wearing a white short sleeved shirt, a dark blue skirt, and her hair was up in a neat and tight bun. Her face was delicate, her blue eyes, which were what he liked the most, were enhanced with neutral makeup, and her rosy cheeks and lips contributed to the nice combination, the latter ones frequently drawing Jake's attention to them. Her body was slim but certainly did not lack curves, everything creating a perfect balance that made her the gorgeous woman she happened to be.

They continued chatting normally for some more minutes, Jake seated on a chair, and Alma usually facing the kitchen counter, and then the kids arrived. They all sat around the big dining table, and they all had breakfast together.