Chapter 32 - Nap

The peculiars were now living in Florida. The situation was really different, and although it was normal to miss different things that they used to know, in general, everything was less complicated. They did not have to worry about the reset, the bombs, the hollows, nor any of that. It could be said that, in Miss Peregrine's case, the tasks became simpler, since she did not have to use her peculiarity regarding manipulation of time as a duty, since it was not as necessary, and she could now focus more on the children, bonding with them, besides having the certainty that they were not in danger, at least not of any threat that they would have to face daily in their loop.

Nevertheless, as she was a very strict person, who usually expected quite a lot, not only from others, but also from herself, she did not find it hard to get stressed or frustrated. She always managed to find flaws in different things, just because she had always been a perfectionist. For anyone who saw her or her work, she would be great in every way, but from her perspective, she could always improve something, changing certain aspects, making it better. All this leaded to her being unable to loosen up, and even sleep, which was certainly an issue.

One morning, when everyone woke up, gathering around the kitchen and dining table for breakfast, Miss Peregrine was already awake, since she had barely slept at night, and had spent the early morning doing diverse random activities. Of course, at the moment she felt almost normal, but later, that would have had negative consequences. When Emma arrived to the kitchen, she greeted Miss Peregrine:

E- Good morning, Miss.

M- Good morning, Emma.

E- Did you sleep well?

M- Actually, I could not sleep a wink.

E- That's not good. Is there anything I can help you with?

M- No, it's alright, thank you.

E- Ok. If you need anything let me know.

M- I will, thanks.

Everyone had breakfast normally, and then, after a couple of hours, the doorbell rang. It was Jake. He was supposed to come and have lunch at the home, with Miss Peregrine and the kids, and then, he would be driving the ymbryne and the younger wards to his house, since he had separated some toys from when he was a child, which he no longer used, that the children at the home could keep, so they were going to see them and pick the ones they liked.

The relationship between Jake and Miss Peregrine was a quite frequent conversation topic among the pupils, especially the older ones. They were good friends, and anyone could notice that they appreciated each other. As much as they could talk, the truth was, that they knew very little about their link. This bond was not only quite strong, but in it, several feelings took part. Alma and Jake saw each other as someone they could count on, as well as a person they could share interesting conversations with, agreeing in many diverse aspects, enjoying each other's company. A question the children around constantly wondered, was if they were romantically involved. What occurred, was that, they were in fact pretty attracted to each other, and they would even kiss once in a while. They were not in a relationship, but they were aware of how meaningful the emotions they felt when they interacted were, so, that becoming a reality, was a possibility.

After a while, they all found themselves at Jake's house. They were in the living room, and there were boxes which contained the toys previously mentioned. The kids were running around, and while supervising, Alma started feeling dizzy. Jake and the children were talking, and when he noticed that she was not involved in the conversation, holding her head, in a low tone of voice he asked her if she was alright, to what she nodded, slowly straightening. However, due to the fact that he could tell that she was not doing well, he told the children to keep playing and checking the toys, afterwards standing up and motioning her to follow him, holding her hand. Once they were in a hallway, not as close to the kids, Jake said: