Chapter 51- Right on time for Valentine's Day

Hi! I'm actually publishing this on February 14th! :) I hope you like it! 💕

-------------------------------

Miss Peregrine's home was no longer what it used to be. Well, there were still peculiar children under the ymbryne's care, but the main differences were that the manor where they all lived was located in Florida, United States, and it was not part of a loop.

The peculiars' lives had definitely changed, and they were happy about their new reality.

Miss Peregrine, who had always been quite reluctant to incorporating information and tools about and from what used to be the future, and now the present, found herself liking to learn regarding so. Actually, this had an explanation. Besides concluding that technology used in a proper way could be very helpful and entertaining, she associated it all with Jake, who was the person that would teach her the most in general, not only because he had lived all his life surrounded by those aspects and things Alma was just finding out about, but also due to the fact that he happened to be a good friend of her.

He was not a pupil, as he did not live under her care, since he had his own house minutes away from theirs. Moreover, they shared a link that showed that they were into each other. There was in fact, a certain tension between them. Both of them were willing to deepen and develop their bond.

As a matter of fact, Jake was someone who had earned acceptance from the peculiars. They really liked him and were happy about having him as a friend, him being the last one in joining the family. He was very kind and always had something interesting to say. In his case, he was very grateful for having found where he belonged and who he was meant to be with. He enjoyed spending lots of time at the home, and him constantly being around became something usual.

Emma Bloom, whose peculiarity consisted basically in manipulating air, besides her being as light as it, that being the reason why she had to wear such heavy shoes, happened to fancy the young man. She found him charming, and she could almost affirm that her feelings were reciprocated. After all, why else would he be so nice to her? Nevertheless, she was wrong. Jake saw her as a cute, smart girl, who was a very good friend, but not as someone he was interested in to be in a romantic relationship with. Emma not seeing this, or maybe, not wanting to see this, made things rather complicated.

One night Jake invited Alma to a bar nearby. She had accepted to go, so after leaving her oldest wards in charge, informing them about the situation, after getting ready, she left with Jake. She was wearing a soft green long sleeved top, black jeans and black short boots with laces. On top, she had a black and blue jacket. She wore some makeup, and her hair was down. She looked really pretty, according to Jake. Since the place they were headed to was located near the home, they decided to get there walking, instead of by car. It was nice, because they could appreciate better the illuminated city, plus feeling the chilly wind while enjoying the other's company. After walking a few blocks, they arrived to their destination. There was music, and the little light that there was, was rather dim. After ordering a drink, they sat on a table in a corner, the seats beside it being a sort of sofa. They sat next to each other, and they proceeded to chat, in a rather flirty way.

Minutes later, they realized that it was actually the perfect moment to finally do it, so Jake being who had the initiative, he approached Alma's face, kissing her lips softly, both loving the warm sensation, her responding immediately. Her lips tasted great, having that sweetness combined with a trace of the drink she was having. She was really hot, and he grabbed her waist, bringing her closer. They broke apart and just smiled at each other. That showed that they had had doing that in mind, for a while now. Then it was her who kissed him, this time there being more contact, their tongues finding each other. Stopping and continuing several times, between some brief comments, they made out, enjoying what had definitely become their favorite activity of the night, their visually attractive surroundings no longer being that relevant.