Chapter 58 - Fun Christmas

It was the peculiars' first Christmas since they had moved to Florida. They had decorated the tree and their large house, and they had had a tasty meal. Christmas Eve had been great. They all had a nice time. They had even invited Miss Avocet, who had been staying with them for a couple of days, for the holidays.

Christmas Eve was coming to and end. The children were told to go to bed, which they did, hoping that the moment in which they would be opening presents would come sooner.

Miss Peregrine was going to bed as well. She would have to wait until the children were asleep, to place the presents under the tree. There she was, in the living room, finishing picking up the cups the kids had left, when Jake asked her:

J- Do you have any plans?

M- I'm going to bed.

J- No, you're not. We're going out.

M- What? Where?

J- To a night club. Have you ever been to a Christmas party?

M- Clearly not, but I'm tired, Jake.

J- Come on!

M- Fine, but we're not staying there for more than two hours... (She accepted).

J- That works for me.

M- I'll go get changed.

J- Sure.

Alma and Jake, for some weeks now, had a special bond. They were not a couple, but they would experience together multiple things couples do, including intimacy. Jake thought that inviting her out was a great way of spending time with her, alone, in a fun environment.

Around fifteen minutes later, Miss Peregrine came down the stairs, all nice and ready to go. She looked beautiful. She was wearing black trousers, a leather shirt, which purposely had open sections on her torso, making some of her skin visible, and heels. Her hair was down, and on the side, she had a delicate headpiece, decorated with red "cranberries" and a couple of leaves, very appropriate for the season.

Before her and Jake left, they accommodated the presents under the tree, for the next morning. Also, Miss Peregrine wrote a note, which she left on Miss Avocet's night stand, explaining where she was, in case she woke up, as the older lady was sound asleep then.

The note said:

"We went to a nightclub, to continue celebrating. Call me if you need anything.

-Alma-".

As a matter of fact, Miss Avocet had no idea about the younger ymbryne and Jake's special relationship, as she had chosen not to tell her, and the woman did not suspect anything either.

Once checking everything was in place, the two left, Jake driving to a nightclub where many people had gathered to celebrate Christmas in a less strict way.

After a brief while in the car, they arrived to the night club. It was decorated with multiple lights, and the music was audible from the outside. Miss Peregrine and Jake got in, their night starting. They had some drinks, and even met a group of people, who Jake happened to know. They had a nice time, the main aspect for both being spending time just the two of them, in a completely different and unusual environment.

At a certain moment, the two went outdoors, to a terrace there was, to get some fresh air. They were standing next to each other, enjoying the view, Jake sometimes holding her waist, or even touching her bum, her not having any reaction towards that, as she had gotten quite used to it, and even saw it as something nice.