Chapter 21 - Night out

Now outside any loop, Miss Peregrine and the children were living in Florida, as well as Jake. Him and Alma got along really nicely, and although sometimes it was not easy to do many activities together, because of her role as an ymbryne, they would still hang out, talking for long times. Anyway, doing something fun just the two of them once in a while, was something they were willing to do more frequently. Due to this, one morning, when they were sitting on a bench at the backyard of their new home, Jake said:

J- So, Alma, I was thinking, that your role, even though I know you love it, can be really exhausting, and sometimes you should take a break. I don't mean anything too elaborated, you know, just going out once in a while...

A-Right...

J- This is why I wanted to invite you somewhere tonight, only if you want to, of course...

A-Yeah, it could be fun... What do you have in mind?

J- I was thinking about a bar. I don't know if that's the type of places you enjoy going to, so I'm just asking...

A-Okay, so... You basically want me to get drunk...

J- What? No, no... I... You don't have to drink anything if you don't want to...

A-I'm kidding, darling.

J- Oh... (He chuckled)

A-I like the idea. Yeah, I should go... Besides, you're right. I need to take a break once in a while...

J- Awesome.

A-More or less, how should I dress?

J- Um, you know, something in between. You can wear something nice, but go comfortable as well...

A-Okay then. So, I guess tonight we'll go out...

J- Yup!

Both were happy with their plans. The day went by normally, and in the evening, Miss Peregrine started getting ready, taking a shower, and getting dressed taking into account Jake's suggestions, apart from putting on some makeup. The children's supervision was already arranged, so everything was under control. Jake was also getting ready, but in his case, it took less time. The two of them knew that their upcoming activity could perfectly lead to them becoming closer, in a romantic and deep way. After all, his invitation had a noticeable connotation related to this, and the fact that she accepted it, showed that they were both kind of looking for the same outcome.

When it was time to go, Jake was waiting for Alma in the living room, and when he saw her coming down the stairs, he thought that she looked gorgeous. Her hair was down and slightly wavy, and she had a dark lipstick on, apart from neutral eye shadow tones that went very well with her blue eyes. Her outfit consisted in black trousers, similar to leggings, a short, strapless grey top, which had some sequins, and let visible part of her belly, and a black leather jacket on top. Her physical features were enhanced, but looking really delicate and pretty at the same time.

After saying goodbye to everyone, they got into Jake's car. Before he turned it on, looking at her, Jake said:

J- You look so good...

Instead of answering, she approached her face to his, and kissed his lips softly. That was the first time they had kissed, and they were loving it. They remained like so, intensifying it. Jake was able to feel her sweet scent, of her hair and perfume, already obsessing with it. When they broke apart, they drove to the place. On their way, they chatted comfortably, making evident that they were indeed wanting that to happen, and even more, so they couldn't wait to see what the night awaited them.