Collaboration: Chapter 35 - Sparkle

Hello! For this chapter, I am doing a collaboration with Asoukiia, something that makes me really happy, since she's really nice and her stories are awesome. This is the second time we do this type of collaboration, and I really enjoy doing so, as it becomes an instance to communicate with someone who likes the same things as me. 

In this case, this is how it works: I chose for her ten words, and she did the same for me. We both had to include all those words in our story, making them fit in the plot. 

 The words that I had to use are: 

-Kitten

-Pain

-Injury

-Blanket

-Tears

-Caress

-Stairs

-Sofa

-Agression

-Gentleness

Check Asoukiia's story too, they're always awesome. There you will see which words I chose for her. :) 

Now that all this was explained, here's the chapter!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As we all know, a loop consists in a day that repeats itself over and over. Same weather, activities, probably events, and usually, people. Miss Peregrine had always been an awesome ymbryne, and the children under her care lived happily, counting with everything they needed.

Lately, mainly the younger kids, had been very excited, due to the fact that they would constantly come across a small kitten, which apparently had no owner, and visited them often. Miss Peregrine saw her wards so joyous regarding the animal, that she allowed them to keep it, only if they commited to take proper care of it, feeding it, keeping it clean, and all that, to what they agreed, thankful. Later they found out that it was female. The feline was white and had bright eyes, the last thing contributing to come up with the name Sparkle for her. She turned out to be such a nice addition to their (literally) daily life, and became the pet of the big peculiar family.

It could be said, that Sparkle was not the only new member of the residents. Jake had moved into the home a while ago, where he felt safe, comfortable, and fine. He had a good relationship with the children, and also, with the headmistress. They tried as much as possible to spend time together. She would constantly ask him for help with diverse tasks, especially because that could mean sharing a brief moment, talking, becoming closer.

They enjoyed each other's company, and found the other kind and nice. Nevertheless, when Miss Peregrine concluded that she was liking Jake more than expected, even romantically, she decided to remain more distant, since she did not want to expose herself in that way. On another hand, Jake had always liked the ymbryne, and was determined to do something about it. However, when he noticed that she was being more distant, and the times they would share a moment, chatting informally, for example, were now less, he wondered if he had done or said something that she had not liked, ignoring that it was all because of her own feelings and inner debates.

One morning, after the children had finished eating breakfast, and were doing their own activities, in the living rooms, or in the backyard, Miss Peregrine was in the kitchen, reading the mail, after cleaning the dining room table. She was seated on a chair, facing the window that let her see part or the backyard, when she saw Jake sitting next to her.