Collaboration: Chapter 25 - Shelter

Hello! This chapter is really special, because I am doing it in a collaboration with the incredibly talented Asoukiia. Together, we picked five words each, and the challenge consists in including all of them throughout the story.

The words chosen are:

◦            Bet

◦            Wall

◦            Sweat

◦            Obsession

◦            Bubble

◦            Lips

◦            Hot

◦            Tears

◦            Blush

◦            Fear

Now that all this is explained, here's the chapter.

------------------------------------------

Miss Peregrine and the peculiar children were no longer living in Cairnholm, Wales. After all the issues regarding the immortality experiment were solved, employing the same ship they had used for saving the ymbrynes, they moved to Florida, United States, in the present day, where they were residing, at a new ample house that they purchased with the saving and resources from the Peculiar Council. Everything was going well. The children were getting used to the new reality nicely, and enjoyed figuring out how things worked in the modern world. Even Miss Peregrine, who always had denied diverse aspects about what used to be the future, was stable, and as days were going by, she was learning lots of things. After all, she was very smart.

On another hand, there was Jake, the main person responsible for the success of the risky rescue, who now had a pretty good link with the people in the home. The new house was located near his own, the one he lived in with his parents. That was something he felt joyous about, and took plenty of advantage of, since he would spend most of his free time at the residence. The main reason why he enjoyed so much visiting them, was because he had a huge crush on the headmistress, finding her very attractive and captivating. Luckily for him, at least considering how she behaved towards him, she seemed to like him back. They would always chat, slightly flirt, and share different activities. Moreover, deep down, there was even a genuine affection between them, something they hadn't admitted yet, but were quite sure about.

The context didn't seem to help much, since with the children usually around, who needed lots of attention, was complicating the development of their link. There were times that, in the middle of a regular conversation, there would be a silence, but not an awkward one, but one that indicated that it was a good moment to get closer. They would stare at each other's eyes, speechless, but saying many things through their gazes. However, those moments didn't damage the confidence and trust they had each other, neither made things weird. In fact, it encouraged them, as it showed that what they felt was mutual, and there was a possibility of them, somewhen becoming a couple or sort of.

This situation was perceptible for everyone, especially the older wards, who were Enoch, Emma and Olive. They didn't feel too happy about all that, due to different yet odd reasons, and even had intentions of sabotaging Jake. While Enoch didn't like Jake since the first day, and Olive followed him in this particular situation, Emma was unhappy about all that as well, since she did like Jake romantically, and the fact that he liked Miss Peregrine instead made her upset.

---------------------------------------------------

One day, after Jake and Miss Peregrine had a random talk, he was called by the older pupils. They all sat in a smaller living room on the second floor of the house, and started asking questions, trying to see if Jake actually liked their maternal figure, or if it was just an attraction, he was willing to do something about. As they could perceive that he had genuine feelings, to annoy him, Enoch said: