Chapter 57 - Trick or strip

Hi! This chapter is being published on Halloween, so it goes with the theme. I hope you like it! Thanks for reading :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When the peculiars lived in Cairnholm, October 31st was not much of a special holiday. As a matter of fact, due to living in a time loop, any other date that was not September 3rd would not even come. Nevertheless, since they were now residing in Florida, that October 31st was the first time the children and even Miss Peregrine would celebrate Halloween.

At 6:00pm, all the children were leaving to go trick or treating. Most of them decided to wear costumes, some being more elaborate than others. They were very happy and excited. After being given some instructions about behavior and at what time they should be back at, they said goodbye to Miss Peregrine, and left through the door, to tour around the neighborhood, knocking on some doors for sweets.

No, Miss Peregrine was not going with them. Her older pupils would be looking after the younger ones during the time they were out. It was not like she had something against the celebration. She was just not too interested in the activity, and she saw that moment as an opportunity to rest a bit. In addition, Jake, who considered himself too old for going trick or treating, something that he had done every year of his childhood, had proposed to her the idea of watching a movie, which she liked.

It was not as if she was a fan of horror movies, because of course, the film had to be in theme, but she was fond of spending some time alone with Jake, who she happened to nicely get along with.

Once the children were gone, after bringing some drinks and snacks into the living room, they found themselves seated on the couch, in front of the television, watching the movie Jake had picked. It was not precisely scary, though it was pretty violent, and some scenes were kind of hard to watch.

Alma was liking the plot, though she felt uncomfortable when there was too much blood on the screen. At a certain moment, after a sudden attack to one of the characters, the woman hid her face on Jake's neck, closing her eyes, to what he laughed a little, liking that proximity. She turned her head back towards the screen, but the scene was not over yet, so once more she hid her face in the crook of his neck, this time, him stroking her hair, then turning down the volume, until the screams and noises from the movie were barely audible.

She looked at him, wondering why he had done so, but the movie lost relevance when he kissed her lips softly, her giving instantly giving in, something unexpected for herself, him loving how fast she responded. She tasted great, and her lips were so soft. Though he had pictured that scenario before, in this occasion, those were not really his intentions, but just spending some time with her, who was so cute and charming. However, when he felt her so close to him, he thought the moment was perfect, something apparently, she agreed with.

When they broke apart, after looking in the eye for a moment, they kissed again. They made out for a while, calm reigning. The room was quiet and dark, this contributing to the context, making it particularly nice.

They went on like so, and after slowly breaking apart, their foreheads touching, their lips grazing, Jake whispered:

J- Out of all treats, your mouth is by far the best one...

His comment made her blush, and she united their lips once more.

After some more minutes, the doorbell rang, this making them separate. It definitely was not her children, as it would be too soon for them to return. Quite miffed, she stood up from the couch, headed to the door, Jake smiling at the fact that apparently, she did not want to be interrupted.