Chapter 15 - Perfect day

Life outside a loop was indeed different. However, that didn't mean that it wasn't good. On the contrary, the peculiars were really happy living there, having the opportunity of constantly discovering the new things, that the present day had to offer. Miss Peregrine was no longer taking care of so many children, since some were transferred to another loop. Even though she missed them, she liked the fact that she had more time to dedicate to the ones that were still under her care, who were mainly the younger ones, such as the Twins and Claire. Sometimes she may have doubted about different aspects, but one thing was never going to change, which was the affection she felt towards those kids.

Also, another thing that made her happy, was that every day that went by, she was closer to Jake. He lived in his house with his family, a few blocks away from their new house in Florida, but he was constantly visiting them. The children had a great relationship with him. He would always teach them something new, regarding technology, for example, and they were fascinated every time. He was interested in Miss Peregrine as well, becoming one of the main reasons why he would spend so much time at the home. They had even kissed, once that they were talking at night, in the backyard. Everyone knew that they shared a special link, made evident by the way they called and treated each other, with such care, showing that they liked each other romantically.

That day, everything went great. It was really sunny, the season they were in was spring, and the weather was warm and nice. Jake arrived to the house quite early, and spent a while playing with the children, and chatting with Alma. Later, he invited all of them to go out for lunch, something everyone got excited about. When they finished eating, they went to the mall, and even shopped some items, like things for the house, clothes, and toys for the little ones. They remained there for a pretty long time, and when they went back home, each person was kind of doing their own thing. The children were playing in the living room with the new toys they had, Miss Peregrine went upstairs to accommodate in the closets the new clothes, and Jake was outside, in the backyard, seated on a sort of deck chair, staring at his mobile phone.

Once she was done with her task, Miss Peregrine looked for Jake. When she found him, she approached, and, although she first thought of this as quite daring, she sat on his lap, with her two legs at one of his sides. As expected, he looked up from his phone, and he was also surprised by her action, but at the same time, feeling that his eyes were blessed. He thought that she looked beautiful. Her hair was down, and she was wearing a white shirt, that revealed part of her chest and her shoulders, lilac shorts, that suited her slim legs really well, and white trainers. She placed her hands on his shoulders, and he did the same, only that on her waist, even stroking her back. Then, he said:

J- You look stunning... It's too much for me, I can't handle it.

A-Thanks Jake... You're too cute and sweet.

J- Did you have a nice time at the mall?

A-Yes, and so did the children... They are playing with their new toys right now.

J- Great then...

They stared at each other for a while, silent, Alma caressing Jake's cheek with her thumb. Then, she kissed him softly, and Jake kissed back, joyous. It intensified, and both were fine with it. They would break apart and then continue, remaining doing so for some minutes. They stayed outside, Alma still seating on his lap, but more comfortably, with her head on his shoulder, while he hugged her, until they felt the weather getting chilly, so they decided to go inside.

Once inside, they all had dinner. Later, Miss Peregrine helped the children to bathe and to change into their pajamas. When they were ready, Miss Peregrine left them with Jake, so that she could shower. Now done, in her pajamas as well, which consisted in a dark blue night gown, with a thin robe on top, she went downstairs, and all together, seated on a couch in the living room, they watched a film. When it was over, it was already the kids' bedtime, so Alma tucked them in their beds, after reading them a book. Now downstairs again, she talked for a while with Jake. Afterwards, his comment was: