;Stop?; Chapter 91

;Jet Moon;
Pov: Aztec

Jax's piercing emerald green gaze met mine, "We have nothing to talk about, Aztec," he spat, his tone laced with disdain. My best friend's dismissive attitude made me clench my fists, struggling to contain the bubbling anger beneath my skin. I was already seething with the fact he kissed Aylean; my mate, in front of everyone, and then he dared to be a gentleman to her all night.

I glanced at the living room where he had just emerged from. The echos of Elizabeth's sobs tore at my chest, and he did nothing? How could he simply walk away while his mate cried out in pain like that? I've never heard Liz cry like that, it was tearing at my heart and I wanted to go comfort her. She may have not been my mate, and she may have irritated me on most occasions, but she was still my friend.

"Let's go into my office," I stated calmly despite the anger bubbling beneath my skin. Jax likely caught onto my facade. After all, he's known me since we were in diapers; he could read me like an open book, even if I was putting on a fake mask in front of everyone. He would know how I truly felt, it was one of the main reasons he was my beta. He was also the main reason some people in my pack were even alive, Flint and I weren't exactly a patient duo.

"I'm good." He muttered bitterly, before he continued, "I really don't want to," He rubbed his temples in an attempt to hide his irritation. In all my years of knowing him, I had never seen him so angry and irritated, it was a completely new sight to me.

"I can't be in this building any longer, I need to go for a run. Griffin has been howling in my mind for the past ten minutes. I cannot deal with your bullshit right now, Aztec" Jax grumbled, his irritation evident with every word.

Jax was lucky he was my childhood best friend, and my beta because if he were anyone else and stepped out of line like he began doing for the past few months, he would've been begging for mercy like everyone else. He had no idea how lucky he was, and I think he's been too cocky with the freedom I gave him since he began being beta.

What about our own mate, Aztec?

She is just a stubborn Omega.

Flint rolled his eyes in my mind and I scolded my wolf, "Then let's go for a run and we'll talk." I said while walking towards the pack house door.

Jax's snarl caught me off guard, halting my steps in their tracks. "I don't want company," he spat, his words laced with frustration. "Why is that so difficult for you to understand?" His growl echoed in the air.

Clenching my fists, I spun around to confront my beta head-on. "Have you forgotten that I'm your Alpha first and foremost?" I demanded, my voice carrying the weight of my authority. It was time for Jax to remember his place in the pack hierarchy.

Jax rolled his eyes, "Well of course not Your Majesty," his voice dripped with sarcasm and I gritted my teeth as my anger grew from his words. "I'm just not in the fucking mood to deal with your bullshit!" He practically yelled.

"Enough!" I snapped, my voice cutting through the tension. "Watch your tone, Jax. You may be my beta, but your disrespect has its limits."

"Disrespect? I'm sorry Your Majesty, I didn't know I needed to ask you to be alone," Jax scoffed, his sarcasm irritated me. "Well news flash, Aztec. Life doesn't revolve around you."

Aylean said that to me...

My eyes widened in disbelief before narrowing into a steely gaze fixed on Jax. "Where is this disrespect coming from?" I demanded, my voice laced with a mix of shock and frustration. "You've never spoken to me like this before. Is this because you kissed my mate? So now you think you can act all cocky now?"