;Territory; Chapter 7

;Jet Moon;
Aztec's Pov:

(Aztec's Wolf form at the top)

I groaned with frustration, there were piles of paper around my desk and I had to look through all of them.

I sucked being an Alpha sometimes.

Oh shut up you big baby.

Flint, my wolf muttered in my head. I chuckled, and sighed "Do you think we'll ever find our true mate?" I asked.

Flint shrugged in my head and lied down.

I don't know but I hope so, I don't think I can stand faking Liz as our mate any longer.

He complained, and I just nodded in agreement.

Elizabeth, my 'mate.' She was my packs 'Luna.'

I rolled my eyes. The elders of my pack forced us together, knowing well she was mated to my best friend, who also happened to be my beta.

We had to lie to the entire pack saying she was my mate, and it hurts so much every time. That's why I need to find my mate, the elders said I could never lead without a Luna, so they forced Elizabeth and I to become mates because she was a 'suitable Luna'

I scoffed at the thought.

She didn't know the first thing about being a Luna!

I sighed and started going through the paperwork again, my head was throbbing.

Hey Amaruq, why don't we go for a run? We both need to clear our heads. It might help.

I smiled at the thought and stood up. "I do need a break," I muttered to myself and walked out of my office.

Once I got downstairs Elizabeth was on Jax's lap, her mates, and my beta's lap. I smiled at the two.

We always faked a relationship around the pack, we've been doing it for three years now so we've gotten fairly good at acting.

"Yo Aztec!" Jax smiled at me "Look who finally decided to climb out of their den" he laughed, and I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever." I muttered and walked out of my house, my territory was a very large one. 6,000 acres of land.

I breathed in the fresh forest air and smiled. I  walked towards the woods. Werewolves and people bowing their heads to me or baring their necks to me in submission.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Once I was deep enough in the forest I just shifted, I didn't care about the clothes I was wearing.

The sounds of my bones popping filled the quiet forest, and I felt fur sprout. Soon I was on all fours, Flint was a dark grey wolf with dark hazel eyes, and he was fairly larger than other werewolves due to us being an alpha.

I wasn't born an alpha blood, but there was no one in line after my father had to retire, so I became the Alpha because none of my siblings wanted to become an alpha. So I brought our pack to be the first pack in the ranks.