;Elders; Chapter 61

;Jet Moon;
;POV: Aztec;

I stared blankly at the elder pack members, we had to have a meeting with the elder pack members every few months, and I usually enjoyed seeing everyone.

But at the moment, my mind was occupied with a certain brunette.

"Aztec!" A voice called out, I flinched and looked at my mother, who had called my name, and then my gaze looked over at the other elders.

The elders consisted of all of the old higher up, so the generations of gammas, which was two. The old Luna's and Alpha's, who were my parents and grandparents. Then there's the Beta's, and Delta's.

This meeting was held in order to keep me in check so that I wasn't using my power as Alpha to my benefit. Which I usually don't, but there are a couple of times.

It was to make sure that I didn't become too aggressive as an Alpha, and just to make sure I was a good leader.

"Is something wrong Aztec? You're not as cooperative as you usually are." Mom asked worriedly.

"Yeah, I'm alright. Sorry, I just have multiple things on my mind." I answered honestly, there was no point lying to my mother about how I was feeling.

However I still haven't told anyone about my mate, and that I've found her.

"Alright, now that you're paying attention once again." The male beta elder; Roger said. I turned my attention to him.

Liz was sitting next to me, she was a day away from her heat and my mind was racing. My whole body was in so much pain constantly, how the fuck did Jax deal with this every year?

"Why haven't you marked Elizabeth?" The female Delta elder; Elenor questioned.

I gritted my teeth, they knew the answer. "Because she's not my mate" I scoffed.

Jax was required to be here, and I glanced at my best friend. He was pissed, the elders knew that Liz was his mate and yet they still thought she was a better-suited Luna than a Beta.

Liz stayed silent as her gaze lingered on her mate. "I will Not mark her." I spat.

"But you will! You still haven't found your mate and it's been years, the entire pack is questioning your judgment" Roger growled out.

My eyes widened, and I looked to my parents and grandparents "You cannot be okay with this???" I questioned.

Elizabeth whimpered next to me, most likely at the thought of anyone marking her other than her mate.

My parents stayed silent, my grandmother looked at the ground, while my grandfather just sighed.

"Are you fucking kidding me!?" I growled out.

"Aztec watch your language!" My grandfather scolded me.

Oh, now they decided to talk to me.

I felt Flint trying to get out, he and I were furious about this new arrangement "I will not be marking my Betas Mate" I spat.

"You must! The pack needs a Luna" Eleanor quipped and I shot her a glare, I didn't care if I was being disrespectful this was out of hand.