;Scatter; Chapter 55

;Hospital;
Pov: Aylean

I gritted my teeth, Satin glared at Aztec in my head. He mockingly used the word mate. He was mocking us as a mate... as his mate.

Satin and I were not going to let that slide.

I took a step back from him and folded my arms over my chest, "I'm sorry I didn't quite hear you." I said boldly "Would you repeat that, Aztec?" I raised a brow at him.

His jaw clenched tightly as he narrowed his eyes at me. I was mocking his title by calling him by his first name, because we hadn't officially announced that we were mates the public only knew me as his Beta's mate.

"Just because you're min- my Beta's mate that doesn't give you the right to call me my first name" Aztec growled, his hazel eyes shooting daggers at me. He stalked up to me once more and I heard an audible gasp from the room around us.

He almost slipped up.

His wolf wants control.

I looked up at him, still crossing my arms. His 6'4 form was much taller than my 5'5 frame, his hazel eyes stared into my brown ones and I raised a brow at him.

Good.

I don't think we want that.

Aztec's eyes kept switching between his and a darker shade of hazel, his wolf really wanted control and he seemed to be struggling to keep his wolf at bay, I smirked.

I uncrossed my arms from my chest and Aztec broke his gaze to glance down, but he looked back at my eyes. His eyes kept switching more rapidly as the seconds ticked by.

My whole body still seemed to burn with rage, Satin whined in my head but I completely ignored her.

His intoxicating scent of pine needles and peppermint overwhelmed my senses, which caused my body to heat up even more from the rage that consumed my senses.

The mate bond begged me to reach out and touch our mate, but my mind had a different thing in mind. "Exactly, I'm your Beta's mate, so why are you acting all defensive Alpha?" I questioned, knowing the answer.

Aztec tensed and glanced around the hospital, people were all looking at us. At me. An Omega standing firmly against the strongest Alpha known in the ranks.

It must've looked crazy to them, Aztec Amaruq Hunter couldn't get an Omega to submit to him, even when his pheromones were surrounding the entire hospital lobby.

Aztec growled to the mention of his Beta being My mate. His wolf seemed to be struggling to control Aztec, as the man pushed his wolf back.

Satin whined painfully in my head again and I winced from the loud noise in my head.

What's wrong Satin?

I questioned the she-wolf.

I don't know! My body is aching and heating up so quickly! It's overwhelming! Don't you feel that!?

I took in a deep breath and my body indeed did feel like was overwhelmingly hot, I just assumed it was from the rage but the heat increased and my body began to ache.