Husband and wife

----------------
"I want to hold you close, skin on skin, and let our heartbeats have a conversation."

~John Mark Green.
----------------

----------------
V I C T O R I A
----------------

Like this, Dominic didn't leave my side the whole day, and my cheeks didn't lose their red hue the entire evening. When we bid farewell to our families, and he instructed me to settle down in the car, I was freaking nervous. It still felt like a dream. Now Dominic Russo is mine, my husband, and it leaves a sweet taste in my mouth. I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't realize when he came and sat in the driver's seat. When our eyes met, I quickly averted my gaze as I nervously fidgeted with my hands on my lap.

I still felt his heated gaze on me, but I didn't dare to look up at him. My heart was pounding so hard in my chest that it felt like it would burst out at any moment. The whole car ride was silent, but when he parked his car in front of a beautiful house, I finally looked at him questioningly. And soon regretted my decision.

"So finally you spare a glance at your husband, huh?" My cheeks caught fire as I saw a playful smile on his beautiful mouth.

I cleared my throat before questioning him, "Why are we here? And whose house is this?" However, instead of answering, he swiftly exited the car. Before I could protest, he scooped me up bridal-style in his arms. "Nic!" I gasped, instinctively wrapping my arms around his neck to steady myself. As I looked into his eyes, I sensed desire burning within them. Suddenly, he lowered his face, and his mouth met mine in a sweet kiss.

"So, my beautiful wife," he began, pulling back slightly. "To answer your previous question, this is our home."

"Oh," I replied, surprised. "But I thought we were staying in your penthouse."

"Do you want to stay there?" he asked.

"No...I mean...I didn't know you had a house this beautiful," I admitted, looking around in awe.

"It's not like I've had this house for a long time. I bought it as an investment a year ago," he explained. "Then I remembered, once you told me that you wanted to live in a Victorian-style house." So here we are.

His confession warmed my heart, and I'm pretty sure now I was looking at him with lovesick eyes. "I never imagined, Victoria, that this day would come and one day you would be my wife. I never thought you would be mine."

With a smile, I leaned in and kissed his lips.

"I too never thought that one day you would become my husband, Dominic," I admitted softly.

He kissed me again before gently setting me down on the floor. Glancing around, I realized we were in the bedroom... our bedroom.

My nerves fluttered as I looked at our bed, but Dominic approached me, lifting my chin with his forefinger.

"Are you tired?" he asked, searching my eyes.

"No," I replied, meeting his gaze.

"Really?" he questioned, his eyes softening.

"Okay. A little tired," I admitted with a small smile. "It was a hectic day."

"I know," he murmured, drawing closer to me and placing a gentle kiss on my forehead. "Want to take a warm bath?"

"That would be wonderful," I agreed, feeling a bit flustered at his suggestion.

"With me?" he teased, a playful glint in his eyes.

"Dominic!" I exclaimed, blushing furiously.

"Okay, okay, I'm just kidding," he chuckled, his laughter infectious. "You looked gorgeous when you blushed, my Beautiful Wife. Now go take a warm bath; it will help soothe your aching muscles."

Kissing me one last time, he left the room, and I quickly made my way toward the bathroom. The warm, soothing bubbles enveloped me as I relaxed in the tub. After some time, I emerged, wrapping a towel around my body.

As I began to dry my hair, panic struck me—I had forgotten to bring my clothes. I paced back and forth in the bathroom, feeling like a restless chicken. Finally, gathering my courage, I peeked out of the bathroom, relieved to find the room empty.

With a sigh of relief, I tiptoed out of the bathroom. But just as I reached the middle of the room, I froze at the sound of his voice.

"Càra, do you wa—"

"Jesus," I whispered under my breath as I faced him. In my nervousness, the towel slipped from my hands and pooled at my feet. At this point, I just wanted to grab my towel and disappear into a dark hole.

"Damn it," He cursed under his breath as I hastily reached for my towel, but my frantic movements ceased when I heard his authoritative voice slice through the air.

"Stop"

I slowly turned to face him, feeling a rush of heat spread across my cheeks. Panic surged through me as I instinctively moved to cover myself, but his swift movements halted my actions. "Stop." His voice, firm and commanding, froze me in place.

"Jesus," I whispered under my breath, my heart racing as he closed the distance between us in just a few strides. His hand found my waist, pulling me closer to him, and before I could fully understand what was happening, his lips were on mine, igniting a fire within me that I couldn't ignore.

----------------
End of the chapter

Thank you for reading

Like comments and share

----------------