Demise

----------------
"She was my all, all for me.
She was my home, in desert or sea.
There with her, wherever it be,
she was my home, home you see."

~Atticus
----------------

----------------
D O M I N I C
----------------

Flashback

(Victoria 17 & Dominic 19)

A fruit so red, beautiful, and delicious is never meant to be the cause of someone's demise, but in my case, that was the unfortunate reality.

But if I'm dying, I'm grateful that the last thing I am seeing is Victoria's beautiful face.

I gazed at her as my pulse raced,

as my throat tightened,

and as darkness enveloped my consciousness.

The last thing I remember before descending into the depths of darkness was her sweet voice calling my name, and then, finally, darkness consumed me.

Beeeep...

Beeeep...

Beeeep...

What's this annoying sound? I groaned and after a few minutes of struggle my eyes fluttered open, greeted by a sudden burst of white light that blurred my vision.

Heaven? Am I in heaven, perhaps? No...Not a Fückïng chance. I scoffed. There's no way I'm going to heaven. I'm very well aware of my deeds.

As the brightness subsided, shapes began to form, and I found myself in an unfamiliar place.

I struggled to make sense of my surroundings, my gaze fell upon my hand, where several IV drips were attached. And that annoying sound was the steady beeping of a nearby machine indicated it was monitoring my heart rate.

Hmm so I wasn't in heaven; I was in a hospital.

As I attempted to rise, my mother's concerned voice reached my ears, halting my movements.

"Dominic, thank God you're awake. Do you have any idea how worried we all were about you?" she exclaimed, enveloping me in her warm embrace.

"Mom..." I started, but before I could continue, she stepped back, her expression darkening with anger. In the next instant, she seized my ear, tugging it harshly. "You are well aware of your allergy to strawberries, yet you ate that fruit. What were you thinking, ragazzo?"

"Ouch, mom, it hurts," I wailed, but my mother tugged my ear again, unfazed.

"Hurt? Do you even know how we all felt when you were unconscious for 24 hours?" she retorted sharply.

"Mom, please," I pleaded.

"Do you have any idea that poor child was continuously crying for you, saying it was her fault?"

"What? She was crying for me?" I asked, shocked.

"Yes, she was crying continuously," my mother confirmed. "My poor baby, her eyes are puffy now."

"It was not her fault," I admitted, consumed by guilt.

"I know, but she was feeling guilty for your actions, you bastard," my mother replied, her voice filled with anger.

"Where is she now?" I inquired.

"Outside,"

"Can you please send her in? I want to talk to her," I requested.

"Okay, wait," my mother responded before leaving the room.

she was crying means she still cares for me deeply. I know, I shouldn't feel this way, but I couldn't help and feel incredibly happy. Victoria's concern for me is a clear sign of her continued care and affection.

I was overwhelmed with happiness when the door of the room swung open, revealing her standing there in all her Glory, though still sobbing.

"Come here, Amore," I called out softly, and with baby steps she slowly made her way to me.

She stood an arm length away, head downcast, avoiding my gaze.

I reached out and pulled her closer to me, I lifted her chin with my forefinger.

"Hi, honeybee," I greeted her tenderly.

Without a word, she threw her arms around my neck, burying her face in my shoulder as tears streamed down her cheeks.

"Hey, hey, hey, Victoria, I'm okay, please stop crying," I said affectionately, but in reply she pulled away and took a few steps back, then she looked at me with pure anger in her eyes.

"You know what, Dominic? I'm so done with you. I hate you so much. Don't you dare to call me or even text me. You are not my friend anymore," she spat out, her voice trembling with rage.

"Victoria...."

she didn't give me a chance to speak as she

stormed out of the room, leaving me behind.

"Victoria... Victoria... please listen to me," I called out desperately, but she was already long gone.

Then My gaze fell upon my mother, who stood in the doorway with a smirk on her face. "You deserve it, figlio mio," she said, her words dripping with satisfaction.

I'm well aware that I deserve her anger. However, I relived that she's not ignoring me anymore. I can handle her anger but I can't handle her ignorance. It's said that when someone cares about you, they express their anger, but when they begin to ignore you, it often signifies the end.

----------------
End of the chapter
Thank you for reading
Like comments and share
----------------