The Superman

----------------
"I'm not crying because of you; you're not worth it. I'm crying because my delusion of who you were was shattered by the truth of who you are."

~Steve Maraboli

----------------

----------------
D O M I N I C
----------------

"Yes, sweetheart," I responded, leaning against my car. "Is everything alright?" I inquired, noting the unusual timing of her call.

"Yes, Dominic, everything's fine," she assured me sweetly. "I just realized I accidentally took your jacket. I hope that's okay."

Her words made my heart race. "I hope it's not an inconvenience," she added, her tone slightly hesitant.

I couldn't help but smile at her consideration. "No, it's not an inconvenience at all," I assured her. "In fact, I'll take it as an excuse to see you again in a day or two."

As I waited for her response, there was a brief pause on the line before she spoke. "Okay then, Nic," she said softly. "Good night."

"Good Night, Victoria." After ending the call, I leaned back against my car and gazed up at the star-studded sky. Thoughts of her filled my mind, and a faint smile tugged at the corners of my lips.

As I stood there, I found myself captivated by the photo of her on my phone screen. Unable to resist, I traced the contours of her face with my fingertips. Her eyes, as clear as the Caribbean sea, seemed to hold depths of their own, while her delicate nose and those tempting inviting lips.

"What would her lips taste like?" A question arose inside, igniting a fire within me. The mere idea left me feeling hot and bothered, longing for a taste of the sweetness I imagined.

As I stood there leaning against my car, lost in these thoughts, I realized I needed to get a grip on myself. Victoria was off-limits, and I had to respect that. With a deep breath, I pushed those tempting thoughts aside and got into the car, with a sigh I started the engine, and drove away.

----------------
V I C T O R I A
----------------

I was so excited for my date with Alex. Dancing around the kitchen to Shakira's "Hips Don't Lie," I was in high spirits as I prepared dinner. Then, the doorbell interrupted my dance. "He's here," I thought. I quickly turned off the music, checked my appearance in the mirror, and took a deep breath to calm my nerves before opening the door.

As I opened the door, there he stood, looking even more handsome than I remembered. But unlike with Dominic, my heart didn't flutter around him, and I didn't feel those familiar butterflies in my stomach.

Lost in my thoughts, I barely noticed when he leaned in and kissed my cheek. It was then that I realized he had a bouquet in his hand. He smiled and handed it to me. "This is for you," he said. I accepted the bouquet with a warm smile. "Please, come in."

As he stepped inside, I closed the door behind him, feeling a sense of anticipation mixed with nervousness. I led him to the living room, where I had set up a cozy atmosphere with soft lighting and pleasant music playing in the background.

We were cuddled up watching a romantic comedy when I softly called out his name, "Alex." He gently lifted my chin with his finger, meeting my gaze. "Yes, Victoria?"

My heart was already hammering in my chest as if it would burst any moment when suddenly he leaned in to kiss me on my lips. Just as our lips were about to meet, his phone rang, breaking the spell.