Best Friends

----------------

"What's a goodbye, Without a goodbye?"

~Alexandra Vincent

----------------

----------------
V I C T O R I A
----------------

6 months later ( Present )

"Where are you, Dominic?" I asked as I carefully drove my car. I recently learned driving from my father, and I really don't want to disappoint him.

"I'm at my office, sweetheart. What happened?" he replied his voice laced with confusion suddenly he shuffled his phone from one ear to another "You know, this is the first call from you in six months."

I Heard disbelief but happiness in his voice, but I Ignore it as I continue "Aunt Isabel told me... wait, what? Dominic Don't tell me you've already forgotten?"

"What am I forgetting?" Dominic's tone was puzzled.

"Today is Easter, Dominic," I informed him, a note of disappointment evident in my voice.

"Fück," he cursed softly under his breath.

"No curses, Dominic," I scolded gently, scrunching my nose in disapproval as I continued to drive at a turtle's pace. A few moments drifted by in silence, with neither of us uttering a word. The only sound was his ragged breathing. It was then that I realized how little we truly had to say to each other.

"So, are you coming to dinner or not?" I asked, breaking the silence.

"Of course, sweetheart, I'm joining," Dominic replied quickly.

"Alright, see you there then," I said, preparing to end the call as his voice, filled with desperation, reached my ears, causing me to hesitate, my finger hovering over the end call button. "Victoria wait."

My heart skipped a beat as I responded, "Yes?"

Before Dominic could say anything, a strange sound interrupted our conversation from the other end of the line. My brows furrowed in confusion as I heard a woman's voice, "Oh, baby~"

"Dominic, what are those sounds?" I asked, my voice tinged with confusion but Suddenly, the realization hit me like a ton of bricks, and my entire face flushed crimson with embarrassment.

Before he could answer me, another möan and some sloppy sounds reached my ears. "Oh yes! Ummm... Yeah!~"

"Oh my God..." I stammered, feeling mortified. "You... you're in the middle of something... I'm... I'm sorry," my words came out in a jumble, embarrassment coloring my voice.

"I... I will see you at the dinner... Bye," I managed to say, hastily ending the call, my cheeks burning with embarrassment.

"Victoria... Listen..." he began, his voice filled with urgency.

But before he could continue, I hastily ended the call, feeling overwhelmed with embarrassment. Pulling over to the side of the road, I took a deep breath, trying to compose myself. I gently patted my cheeks, hoping to dispel the flush of embarrassment.

After a moment, I sighed and checked my watch. I had an hour left to get to the restaurant where our families were gathering for Easter dinner.

My father and his father share a deep connection; they're not just friends but also business partners with a rich history together.

Today, they stand as billionaires and CEOs of numerous successful restaurants and hotels.

But Dominic... Dominic, the boy I've loved from my teenage years through adulthood. My admiration for Dominic wasn't solely based on his good looks and charming personality, or even because our families were on good terms. What drew me to him was his relentless work ethic and his self-made success.

I was grateful for the support Dominic offered me during high school, especially when he stood up to my bullies. We attended the same school, He was the famous captain of the football team and a member of the prestigious Four Horsemen club, while I was simply an ordinary girl with a nerdy personality.

After high school, our paths got separated: Dominic pursued his dream of becoming a tech mastermind, while I followed my passion for painting. Despite our differing aspirations, the ties between our families kept us connected.

After graduating, Dominic never asked for a penny from his father. He earned everything on his own, and now he's a well-known CEO of a high-tech company, admired for his achievements and success.

However, along with his wealth and good looks, He's known to be twisted and ruthless, with a reputation as a playboy.

Despite his flaws, I know deep down that I'll never be able to get rid of him. Whether I want to or not, enduring his presence in my life is simply unavoidable.

As I looked out of the window, memories of our childhood came flooding back, reminding me of the countless years we've spent together.

Dominic... the boy I've loved since I first understood the meaning of this word. We were best friends, but not anymore.

Once upon a time, I had a thing for him. Or perhaps it's more accurate to say he was my sweetest fantasy. Yet, Dominic never saw me as a woman; he never even noticed me. And out of self-respect, I knew I would never muster the courage to confess my feelings to him.

I know I'm stupid but I didn't have a choice in this, the heart desires what it desires, and there was little i can do to change that.

But things are different now. I mean, yes, I still admire him for his good deeds, but I don't love him anymore... or at least, that's what I keep telling myself until I truly believe it.

I still can't forget the incident from 6 months ago; it still haunts me, and I continue to have nightmares about it.

But still I won't be able to get rid of my unrequited, one-sided feelings, And I don't think I ever will, but I'm trying. God knows I'm trying.

----------------
End of the chapter
Thank you for reading
Like comments and share
----------------