Nightmare

----------------

I will never forget the way you made me feel like I was everything
&
I will never forget the way you made me feel like I was nothing.

~Unknown

----------------
----------------
V I C T O R I A
----------------

I tried the fifth dress and tossed it aside on the bed "No" I again searched in my wardrobe and pulled out another dress but a few seconds later I also tossed it away. "I don't have clothes" I groaned in frustration as tears welled up in my eyes.

Suddenly, my eyes landed on a black dress nestled in a corner. I took it out and inspected it carefully. The knee-length dress adorned with beads and pearls looked incredibly elegant.

"Yes, this will do," I mumbled, satisfied with my decision. I placed the dress on the bed and hopped into the shower, feeling relieved and excited.

Today, Dominic is taking me to an event, and I can barely contain my excitement. It's been on my mind for days, and now that the moment is here, I'm practically buzzing with anticipation.

After the shower, I took my time getting ready. In the midst of preparing, I glanced at the clock several times. When I finished, I checked the time again, but there were still fifteen minutes left before Dominic was due to arrive. Throughout the wait, I checked my makeup several times, smoothed my dress repeatedly, and examined my hair every five minutes.

I was beyond nervous; I was still in chaos when I heard the doorbell ring. Taking hurried steps toward the door, I took a deep breath and turned the knob, swinging it open. The sight that greeted me was truly breathtaking: Dominic, in a sleek black tuxedo, stood before me, looking as handsome as ever.

I found myself staring at him as he leaned in and planted a gentle kiss on my cheek.

"Sei bellissima stasera, Amore," he murmured softly in Italian, bringing me back to reality.

"Are you ready, honeybee?" he asked, his smile tender and warm.

"Yes, just five minutes. I just need to put on my earrings," I replied.

"Yeah, sure, but..." He searched something in his tuxedo and pulled out a small, velvety box.

"What's this, Dominic?" I asked, peering at the box curiously.

"A gift for my girl," he said, his smile warm and affectionate.

Before I could respond, he took my hand and led me inside the house, bringing us to a stop in front of the mirror.

He opened the box, and my eyes widened in surprise as I beheld the stunning earrings nestled within, their sparkle reflecting in the mirror's reflection.

"This is so beautiful, Dominic," I exclaimed, my voice filled with awe and gratitude.

"Indeed, they are. But not as stunning as you," he said, looking directly into my eyes. I couldn't help but feel my heart skip a beat at his words.

Suddenly, the room felt warmer as I sensed his hot breath on my neck.

"D... Dominic... we are getting late," I whispered, feeling a rush of emotions.

"Yes," he replied softly, his voice filled with a hint of reluctance.

He took a deep breath and rested his head on my shoulder. We stayed like that for a few minutes, and then I heard his gruff voice, "Let's go."

Half an hour later, as his car approached the venue, he quickly instructed the driver to stop.

"There are so many paparazzi. Don't enter through the front. Turn the car around and enter through the exit door," he ordered, without looking at me.