Chapter 56: Frightened

Cheng Langyu locked the door, and the two of them walked up the mountain road.

In addition to the bamboo shoots matter, Cheng Langyu also planned to repair the bridge.

Ye Lingdong looked at the machete and ax in the basket on his back and said, "Mr., if the trees used to build the bridge are cut down

, you can't get them back." They occasionally went to the bamboo forest. Although they took a detour, it was still difficult to build the wooden bridge. The first is that the tree cannot be moved back.

Cheng Langyu said: "I'll chop it first, and then I'll call them up to help."

Ye Rendong knew who he would call without having to think about it, but...

"But isn't the second brother going to pick up the second sister-in-law? Isn't he too busy?" Ye Lonicera said.

Cheng Langyu blocked the branches for him. "It's still early, we

have to go in May." "How can I still walk around the village like I do now after picking up my wife? Let's just treat it as asking someone to come and help, and we won't treat him badly."

Ye Lingdong said: "Okay."

The two entered the mountain early and spent the morning digging bamboo shoots in the bamboo forest. At noon, I ate a few pancakes, picked up the prey in the trap, and then returned to the place near the foot of the mountain to cut down trees.

Because it had just rained, there were many fungi in the forest.

The man was chopping down the tree as thick as his waist. The ax collided with the tree trunk, making a sound like a hammer being struck. Dong-dong-dong, the sound was louder than the sound in the empty forest.

Ye Lingdong stood next to him and saw that the man's muscles were tense through his clothes.

Ye Lonicera's almond-shaped eyes were clear, and she said, "Mr., I'll pick up some fungi on the edge."

Cheng Langyu stopped, his sharp eyes swept around, and landed on Ye Lonicera's body. He said: "Don't run too far, just stay where I can see it."

Ye Lingdong: "Okay."

After the man said this, Ye Lingdong immediately started tinkering. First, find something to install.

But the backpack is full and cannot be loaded. Ye Lingdong stared at the cloth bag that contained the bread. If it gets dirty, just go back and wash it off.

Ye Lonicera untied it, reached in and pulled the tail and turned it over.

At this time, Cheng Langyu handed over a straight tree stick. "Husband, take it. Don't go too far, okay?"

"I know, sir." Ye Lingdong took it and started looking around the man.

Although Lonicera foliata used to live in a town, she was no stranger to fungi. Occasionally go to the mountains to collect herbs, Grandpa Bai would say. In addition, he often does it at Bai's house.

Aunt Bai's mouth is so fond of eating that when the fungus season comes, she will inevitably spend money to buy a basket of them.

The more times he did it, the more he memorized it.

Lonicera Lonicera carried a cloth bag and used a stick to open up the grass blades, pulling them open to see if there was anything hidden underneath. The fungus likes moist and dark environments and can often be seen on dead and rotten wood.

Lonicera leaves opened the overgrown grass and looked at the mushrooms with round hats with joy. Round, delicate and cute.

With her slender white fingers, she only needed to hold the broken handle and pull it gently, and it was completely removed.

Ye Lonicera put it into the bag and continued looking.

Suddenly there was an inverted tree trunk in front of me. On the dark brown wood, clusters of oyster mushrooms grew gratifyingly.

The leaf honeysuckle held the stick and climbed up a few steps.

The oyster mushrooms grow close to the wood, and the umbrella handles are very short, and some have almost no handles. Ye Lonicera put down the bag and used both hands freely.

Blow off the sawdust on the end and carefully put it into the bag.

In addition to these, there were also goose-yellow chanterelles, big red mushrooms, pine tree mushrooms...

whatever he saw, he stuffed them into the bag.

Suddenly, Ye Lonicera saw a fallen rotten tree with clusters of fungus on it.

Ye Lonicera straightened up and looked back at the distance between himself and Cheng Langyu. Seeing that he could see him, he felt relieved and planned to pick it.

The dead tree rolled down the slope and got stuck among several big trees.

Ye Lingdong thought for a moment and tied the bag around his waist. By visual inspection, the distance from where I stood to the tree was only about five meters.

Ye Lonicera squeezed her palms and cheered up. Then he grabbed the branches and climbed over the trunk.

Halfway through, he suddenly stepped on wet moss and his soles slipped.

Ye Lonicera hurriedly grasped the branches in her hands to steady herself.

He held the branches with both hands and listened carefully to the sound of his husband chopping down the tree.

"Huh..." Fortunately, I didn't notice it.

The honeysuckle leaves looked down. This side is a steep slope with some elm and locust trees growing sideways. If it rolled down, it would either hit a tree or fall to the foot of the mountain below.

Ye Ling Dong tightened his grip and trampled the small tree down, blocking his feet from sliding down. And slowly moved towards the rotten wood.

As the shoes lifted off the ground, specks of mud would fall down from time to time, making a rustling sound.

Ye Lonicera's heart and eyes are full of that fungus. I only had a rough look just now, but now that I have arrived, I realize that the other side of the tree trunk is also full of trees.

He took a step forward and landed in front of a big tree stuck with rotten wood. Use one hand to support the tree trunk to gain strength, and step on the tree to support your feet; the other hand presses on the rotten wood to stabilize your body.

"Wow!" Ye Lonicera's eyes sparkled, "There are so many."

Especially the bottom circle, so densely packed that the trunks are almost invisible.

Ye Lonicera grabbed the black ear, twisted it gently with her fingertips, and carefully took it off.

Or one flower is half the size of a palm, or several flowers fill the entire hand. The rustling sounds of the fungus breaking off the wood continued one after another, and Ye Lonicera's eyes narrowed in relief.

After a while, the cloth bag that could hold several kilograms of rice was full, and he was ready to give up.

"There are many more." Ye Lingdong opened the bulging bag and looked at the attractive fungus again, feeling quite reluctant to part with it.

"Come back and come again!"

Ye Lingdong said excitedly, holding on to the rotten wood and trying to move away. But suddenly he met a pair of beady eyes.

Ye Lonicera shivered all over, and fell backwards as soon as her legs became weak. Fortunately, the big tree was blocking his back, preventing him from rolling down.

He is afraid of snakes...

Mr. Ye Lonicera is so scared that his legs are so weak that he dare not move.

He clasped his fingers against the tree, his knuckles turning white. If you don't catch it firmly and fall, you will lose half your life.

Ye Lonicera's eyes were red, and she was biting her lip to prevent the sound of spilling from disturbing the thing under the grass.

"Mr. sir." Ye Lingdong's eyes were filled with redness, and his body was so stiff that he could barely hug the tree.

"Ms. sir, help me." Ye Lingdong controlled not to shed tears and looked towards the slope as if pleading.

"Husband?" Cheng Langyu lowered his head for a moment, and then he couldn't see anyone again.

"Husband, where are you?" Cheng Langyu was anxious, threw down the ax and walked towards the husband who was looking at him just now.

Ye Lonicera cried so hard that she was afraid but did not dare to cry out. She said in a panic: "Mr. sir, sir."

Through half a tree, Cheng Langyu saw her husband behind the tree.

Cheng Langyu took long steps and reached the slope in a few steps.

"Mr....snake." Ye Lingdong looked at him eagerly, tears streaming down his face. "I'm afraid, sir, I'm afraid."

Cheng Langyu came straight over and saw her husband half-hugging the tree like a squirrel, leaning back with his neck stretched out.

What to do if it falls!

Cheng Langyu said quickly: "My husband heard this, don't be afraid, hold on tight and don't move."

Cheng Langyu glanced at the distance, then jumped up and jumped to the tree closest to the honeysuckle.

"Where is the snake?" Cheng Langyu asked.

Ye Lonicera's eyes were filled with tears: "In front! In front."

Cheng Langyu made a big stride and landed behind Ye Lonicera, holding his hands high and pinching Ye Lonicera's waist. "Husband, let go."

Ye Lingdong placed a big hand on his waist, and he released his grip on the tree trunk without hesitation.

Cheng Langyu raised his hands, and Ye Lonicera fell back into the man's arms.

"Ms. sir... Wuwu..." Ye Rendong immediately turned over and hugged the man tightly.

"Okay, my husband is here." Cheng Langyu comforted her husband who was already crying and hiccupping, "my husband will take you back."

The man was here, and Ye Lingdong slowly stopped crying.

"Sir, fungus." Ye Lonicera pointed to the tree trunk above in aggrieved tone.

Cheng Lang was so tall that he glanced at the tree above and saw three or two small fungus trees scattered side by side, squeezing each other and growing vigorously.

The corners of his lips were close to Ye Lonicera's eyelids. "My husband, help you."

Ye Lingdong said dullly, "Okay." He took the initiative to pour out the fungus from the bag.

Cheng Langyu said: "Hold me tightly."

Ye Lingdong tightened his limbs instantly and wrapped his feet around Cheng Langyu's waist.

Cheng Langyu let go of one hand and used the soles of his feet to push up.

Ye Lonicera hurriedly opened the bag and caught the man grabbing the fungus.

After another bag was full, Ye Lonicera squeezed it tightly and hugged the man.

"Hold on tight." Cheng Langyu said.

Ye Lonicera only felt weightless for a while, and immediately reached the bottom.

In order to save the trip, Ye Lonicera sucked her red nose and put the fungus on the ground in her clothes. The cloth bag hung on his waist.

Cheng Langyu hugged him tightly and went to where he was cutting down the tree.

"Will you come to the mountain again?" Cheng Langyu asked.

Ye Lonicera sniffed and said aggrievedly: "Come on."

Cheng Langyu scratched Ye Lonicera's chin: "Aren't you afraid of snakes?"

Ye Lonicera pursed his lips and cried: "Afraid..."

"If you are afraid, you are not allowed to run to dangerous places. ." Cheng Langyu wiped the tears from the corners of his eyes with a serious face.

Ye Lingdong pursed his lips and said with a cry: "Okay."

The man put him down and stepped on the ground. Ye Lingdong almost knelt down.

His eyes blurred with tears, and he poured the fungus from his pocket into his backpack. He untied the bag from his waist and tied it to the backpack again.

Cheng Langyu was standing behind him, looking at him who looked extremely aggrieved, but who was holding his hands carefully.

After finishing it, Ye Lingdong turned around and looked at the man taller than himself. He raised his hands high and cried as if he wanted no money.

"Mr. Hug..."

Cheng Langyu hugged him tightly. "If you come here in the future, you must stay with me."

Ye Lingdong wrapped his arms and legs around the man, whimpering: "Okay... husband."

Cheng Langyu followed his back. "Okay, husband, be good, let's not cry anymore."

Ye Lonicera nodded: "Don't cry anymore."

"Ugh...but I can't stop it." Ye Lonicera burst into tears.

Seeing that it was getting dark, Cheng Langyu knocked down the chopped tree and carried the bamboo shoots on his back down the mountain.

"Husband, my husband will take you home, please stop crying." Cheng Langyu stared at his feet and kept following the breath of the person in his arms.

"Ms. sir... wuwuwu, I'm afraid! I'm afraid!" Ye Lingdong hid her head in the man's neck.

Cheng Langyu felt something was abnormal, and said with a tight heart: "Why are you afraid, husband? Can you tell your husband?"

Cheng Langyu's voice was calm and peaceful.

"Afraid... Bai Fu, Bai Fu put that thing... in the woodshed. Go to sleep... burping, burping, crawling on me..."

"Woo... ow, bite me, bite me! Mr., it bites me... I Afraid!"

Cheng Langyu was furious when he heard this, and suppressed his temper and said: "Don't be afraid, our brother Dong is not afraid, there is a husband." "

There is a husband, please stop crying, okay." Cheng Langyu knitted finely. The net, like a cocoon, tightly circles and locks the person in its arms.

However, Ye Lingdong waved his hands indiscriminately and cried out in confusion: "Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...Mr., help me, I'm afraid!"

Cheng Langyu's steps were messed up and he slid directly to the ground. He let go of the backpack and hurriedly carried the person to him.

"Husband, what's wrong!" Cheng Lang's jade eyes were anxious and he patted his brother's face, "Look at your husband, husband? Husband!"

Ye Rendong closed her eyes tightly and cried so hard that she couldn't breathe and her body went straight. Twitch.

"Husband!" Cheng Langyu hugged him calmly, his voice trembling slightly, "Husband, don't scare your husband, please, don't scare your husband."

Veins popped up on Cheng Langyu's forehead, and tears welled up in worry. "Husband, look at me. Take a deep breath, take a deep breath."

"Breathe in..." Cheng Langyu sat on the ground, "Yes, exhale slowly..."

Ye Lingdong knew that it made her husband worried, but she just couldn't breathe. . He was anxious to hold on to the man.

"Exhale, don't be afraid! Follow your husband...be good, husband, be good."

Ye Lingdong put a hand on his chest, opened his mouth wide, and felt that his heart and lungs were twitching.

"Ms. sir, prime minister."

Cheng Langyu interrupted hastily. "Don't speak for now, be good, and then take a deep breath."

"Slowly, slowly." Cheng Langyu followed the back, "Slowly, husband, please slow down."

Ye Lingdong grasped the man's big hand and said, He gradually regained control of his body, and his eyes fell on the man's anxious face.

Half a quarter of an hour later, Ye Lonicera's face turned pale, but at least he felt relieved.

He collapsed in the man's arms and sobbed every now and then.

Cheng Langyu grabbed his armpits and lifted him up. "Good husband, my husband is here."

Ye Lingdong was sitting in the man's arms facing him, his soft hands hanging on the man's neck. The forehead drooped limply, next to the man's chin.

Surrounded by weeds half as tall as a man, it was peaceful and quiet. But for Lonicera japonica, she is not afraid, but feels relieved.

"Ms. sir." Ye Lingdong put her palm against the man's neck. Feel the pulse and warm skin.

The sun dipped below the horizon, leaving only clouds.

"Don't be afraid, husband, my husband will be here from now on." Cheng Langyu hugged the man and stood up with the basket on his back. Hold someone and pick up things from the ground.

When he put the basket on his back again, Ye Lonicera had already fallen asleep on the man's body.

Cheng Langyu had always been afraid of revealing her husband's scars, so she never discussed his previous affairs with him.

I only knew that he was having a bad life, but he really didn't know the details. But it must not be much different from what happened today.

Cheng Langyu touched Ye Lonicera's raised spine and thought it would be better to ask. Otherwise, he wouldn't be able to resist it again like today.

His tense back relaxed, and his sweat-soaked clothes clung to his body. Brings a hint of coolness.

Cheng Lang put his beautiful hand through Ye Lonicera's back, and it was also wet. He stuffed his wet coat up and hurried home quickly.