Chapter 40 New Year's Eve

New Year's Eve, New Year's Eve.

The snow stopped, and Yunshan turned into a snowy area, leaving only a clearing in that yard. It's like the light white rice paper is stained with ink gray, which is particularly eye-catching.

Since early in the morning, the movement at the foot of the mountain has not stopped.

After Ye Lingdong got up, he went straight to the kitchen, baked a few cakes with noodles, and cooked a pot of porridge for breakfast.

The family finished eating in a hurry, and Ye Lingdong drove Cheng Shao out of the kitchen who wanted to wash the dishes.

With the steaming water in the pot, I washed and listened to what was going on outside.

This place is remote, and two children playing around for a few times can reach their ears.

Because Cheng Langyu didn't like to talk much, Ye Lingdong often acted as an introduction to let Cheng Langyu chatter a few words.

I don't hear his voice now, so don't think about it, I'm just busy working.

My husband cleared the snow early in the morning, so he should write couplets now.

It's writing couplets!

A few days ago, when Ye Lingdong put away the Zhengdan paper, there were no words on it. Thinking that my husband has been reading books for so many years, he must have written these couplets himself.

Ye Lingdong has never seen a man write, so he has been waiting for the past few days.

In a hurry to finish washing the dishes, Lonicera Ye was like a greedy cat looking for a mouse. He smelled the smell and went to the main room.

As expected, the Zhengdan paper was placed on the table.

In the square inkstone that Ye Lingdong had seen in the bedroom, the ink was black and rippling. The man is swiping away at the paper.

Outside the large hall, there was still snow, but Cheng Langyu was like a green bamboo in the snow, waving his hands with the rhythm of playing a harp.

The shape is like bamboo bones, the spirit is like pine rhyme, and the clear rhyme is proud.

Ye Lingdong was immediately attracted and stared blankly at the man.

His steps didn't stop. When he reached the threshold of the hall and was held by Cheng Baoer, he quickly turned his attention to the elegant pen tip.

There is quite a feeling of being deceived.

Cheng Langyu's eyes fell on the paper, but the corners of his mouth were slightly raised.

If your husband likes it, then he will write slower.

Ye Lingdong didn't notice the man's carefulness, the tips of her ears were red, and she quietly lowered her eyes to the paper he was writing on.

I know all these words. "The family will have lucky stars shining in all directions, and wealth will come from all directions." (Note 1)

He paused and stopped writing.

Cheng Langyu stopped and placed the brush on the inkstone.

Lonicera Leaf seems to be able to see the charm of the man's body, like a clear spring flowing slowly from Yunshan Mountain, suddenly gathering and settling, and hiding in the soul.

Ye Lingdong's eyes straightened, he took a few steps forward and put his paw into the man's big hand, softly saying: "Ayu."

Cheng Langyu chuckled, lowered her body and pressed her face against him. "Yeah."

Ye Rendong was confused: "Ayu."

Cheng Langyu hugged him: "Yeah."

Cheng Shao pulled Cheng Baoer, and the two little ones looked at each other.

Look, my sister-in-law is the clingiest.

"Ayu, hey...hehe." Ye Lingdong snickered and hid the gem in the fur on his belly.

Cheng Langyu scratched the tip of his nose: "Silly."

"Hehe." Ye Rendong stared at the man's face, fascinated and dizzy. In front of the two children, she hugged the man's narrow waist and buried her in his arms.

Cheng Langyu looked like a fox, with the tail of his narrow eyes slightly raised. He wrapped his arms around Ye Lingdong's body and followed his long hair.

Cheng Shao glanced at the two adults, then looked at his sister's curious eyes.

He hugged Cheng Bao'er tightly, running his little paws along his sister's bustling fur, just in time to block his little eyes.

After hugging each other for a while, Ye Lingdong later realized that there were two children there, and was a little embarrassed to step back.

Cheng Baoer's eyes turned around, she came out of Cheng Shao's embrace, and held her brother's hand instead.

"Brother, let's play." Cheng Baoer said.

Cheng Baoer jumped up and took Cheng Shao to the yard to play with the snowballs stuck on the grass stalks.

When Ye Lingdong saw the person leaving, he was quite reluctant to distance himself from Cheng Langyu.

But this body didn't obey his orders, Ye Lingdong's eyes moved and his face turned red.

He stood on tiptoe and whispered: "Brother...hug."

Cheng Langyu was startled, and his hands tightened instantly, pulling the person close to him.

His Adam's apple rolled up and he said, "Scream again."

Ye Lingdong couldn't bear to see the man's wolf-like appearance, so he fell backwards due to Cheng Langyu's extremely tight hook.

He was just acting on a whim, but he didn't expect his husband's reaction to be so great.

"Husband..." The man's voice was hoarse.

Ye Lonicera was like a big white rabbit whose ears were caught, dazzled and trembling: "Brother...brother."

Cheng Langyu put his palms behind his back and stared at his bent upper body, his eyes wide. dark.

He touched the person's crotch and gently rubbed it, then said in a muffled voice: "Yeah."

Seeing that he didn't move, Ye Lingdong thought he had escaped a disaster. He threw himself into Cheng Langyu's arms again, stayed there for a while, and then said, "Mr., I'm going to make a paste."

Cheng Langyu loosened his grip, turned around around him, and wrote down the last horizontal note.

"The door welcomes a hundred blessings."

Write one, and Ye Lingdong reads another.

When Cheng Langyu finished writing, Ye Lingdong suddenly felt his head heavy. He raised his head and leaned against the man, looking directly into Cheng Langyu's eyes.

"Ayu, I'm going to make some paste."

Cheng Langyu held the back of his head and waited for him to stand up. He gently kissed his husband's forehead and then let go.

Entering the kitchen, Ye Lingdong nodded his eyebrows and snickered.

Wash the pot, light the fire, and pour a bowl of water into the pot.

While the fire was burning, Ye Lonicera grabbed some flour from the flour bag, put it in, and slowly stirred it in the same direction with chopsticks.

Not long after, Cheng Langyu came from the main room and sat directly in front of the stove to light the fire.

Use a slow fire to boil the batter, and do not stop stirring the batter.

Without a handful of firewood, the water and flour in the pot became sticky and eventually stuck together.

"Okay, sir." Ye Lingdong smiled.

He turned around and took out a bowl from the cupboard and put the batter in it. His fingertips touched it lightly and a little bit stuck to it.

He closed and opened his two fingers, feeling the pull between his fingertips. Ye Lingdong said: "Ms. sir, post the Spring Festival couplets."

Cheng Langyu said: "Okay."

Cheng Langyu put out the fire and pulled the dry wood away from the stove. He stood up and followed Ye Lonicera.

In the main room, one person pressed the scrolls, and the other used wood chips to stick the paste behind the Spring Festival couplets.

Inadvertently, their fingers touched each other.

Men's hands are well-built, with well-defined joints and long, slender hands. The honeysuckle couldn't help but go back and touch it again and again.

Cheng Lang's jade eyes were moist and his thin lips were slightly spread.

"Husband, I'll touch you as much as I can tonight."

Ye Lingdong suddenly retracted his hand, lowering his eyebrows and eyes.

Cheng Lang is so tall that he doesn't have to step on a stool to post the couplets. He can just stand in front of the door and raise his hand.

Ye Lonicera just needs to look at the height behind him.

There are couplets posted on the courtyard gate, gate, and kitchen, as well as several blessing characters.

This leaf honeysuckle is made by oneself, and is pasted on the door and window. Standing on tiptoes, he pastes the word "福" upside down, which means good luck arrives.

After finishing cleaning at home, we had lunch.

In the afternoon, Ye Lonicera was led by Cheng Langyu and taken to the grave.

On New Year's Eve, there were crackling firecrackers all around the village. It's almost the end of the year, and I want to burn some New Year's money for my relatives in heaven.

To comfort the ancestors and pray for prosperity and success in the coming year.

In the village, the Cheng family just waited for Cheng Langyu and his wife to take them out as soon as they arrived.

The children in the family were young and could not withstand the torment of the snowy weather. Except for Hu Zi, the rest stayed in the ancestral home and waited.

A total of three families and ten people set out from their ancestral home. Ancestor worship begins along the outside of the village.

This is also fast. By the time we get around the last grave, it will take less than half an hour. But at this point, Ye Lingdong could clearly sense that his husband was somewhat reticent.

Ye Lingdong's eyes fell on the tombstone, and it was his mother-in-law Lin Xiangli.

Ye Lingdong squeezed Cheng Langyu's hand, burned the paper money, and knelt down.

The husband and wife kowtowed three times and called Aniang.

"It's Chinese New Year, be happy." The old lady couldn't bear to see her grandson's gloomy look.

Cheng Zhongshu put his hands behind his back and said to a group of people nearby: "Let's go, let them stay here for a while."

Cheng Lijun and Cheng Limin each patted their younger brother's shoulders and followed Cheng Zhongshu as he walked away.

After the Cheng family members left, Cheng Langyu stood with Ye Lonicera for a while.

Only then did Ye Lingdong hear the voice overflowing from the man's mouth. "Mom, my son and his husband are here to see you. I will take good care of you from now on and not let my mother worry."

The voice was very calm, like a single bamboo leaf falling in the bamboo forest, without making a single ripple.

However, Ye Lingdong was moved. She looked sideways at the man and moved slightly closer.

Ye Lingdong looked at the tombstone and said firmly: "Don't worry, mom, I will take good care of my husband."

After saying that, he waited for Cheng Langyu in silence, but was suddenly hugged by a man.

"Ms. sir?" Ye Rendong thought he was sad.

"Yeah." Cheng Langyu smiled gently.

"Husband, let's go home." Cheng Langyu hugged him tightly and slowly went down the mountain.

The color of the snow reflects the setting sun in the mountains, lighting up the leaves on the treetops. The quiet mountain forest rang with the chirping of forest birds, stretching the distance between the two people's backs.

Ye Lingdong leaned against the man, his heartbeat beating steadily and powerfully, giving him the confidence to look forward to the future.

Ye Lingdong could predict that their future lives would be filled with smoke and the most reassuring smoke and smoke in the world.

Not long after arriving home, Cheng Shao and Cheng Baoer were sent over.

The two of them were running and jumping around in the yard, making the house very lively.

When I get home, it's time to prepare the New Year's Eve dinner.

At this time, the whole family took action.

Cheng Langyu chopped meat, peeled bamboo shoots from honeysuckle, and Cheng Shao tended vegetables.

A muffled banging sound came from the yard, and big lumps of pork leg jumped out of the cutting board, and were put into the wooden basin on the ground by Cheng Baoer, who was standing by.

Lonicera foliata tilted the kitchen knife and pulled it along the bamboo shoots, then opened it along the thin slits with both hands, revealing the white and tender flesh of the bamboo shoots.

The fragrance comes, and the honeysuckle leaves have the urge to grab a knife and cut them off.

Here, the task of peeling garlic is handed over to the two children, and the leaf honeysuckle begins to prepare other side dishes.

For the New Year's Eve dinner, Ye Lingdong planned a total of six dishes.

Fish is a must. In addition, there are pork legs stewed with soybeans, followed by stir-fried vegetables and winter bamboo shoots with bacon.

In addition to the sausages sent from the ancestral home, plus the dumpling soup that the children like to eat, it is all together.

The preparations are done.

Before Ye Lonicera called anyone, Cheng Langyu spontaneously went to the kitchen to light a fire.

The two children worked with some garlic for a while, and now they got a small half.

There are a lot of dishes to cook, and even if it's not dark yet, it's time to start cooking.

The author has something to say:

Note 1: Sourced from Baidu.