Chapter 03 Abandoning Someone

He grabbed the chipped bowl and cleaned it in the broken water tank. Then, he took out all the hay from the yard and piled it into the only good room.

As soon as he finished clearing the weeds in the yard, the sun in the sky was covered by layers of dark clouds, and the kite blew more water vapor.

It is going to rain.

He bit his lip tightly and kept cutting as many reeds and thatch as possible on the shore.

Sweat condensed into beads and fell into his eyes, stinging a little.

His hands were cut with several bloody marks from blades of grass. But he didn't dare to stop, and tied the grass he had cut all afternoon into small blankets with straw ropes.

Then they were carried one by one to the sloping kitchen, rolled up into a ball, and thrown to the top. His stomach growled again, but he was fighting against the rain for time. If he didn't make up for the house a little, he might not have anywhere to stay.

Sniffing, he endured the pain in the soles of his feet. Holding the beam of the next house with both hands, he climbed up step by step.

Stepping on this wooden beam made the nerves in the soles of his feet twitch.

By the time I climbed onto the roof, my face was almost full of tears.

He grabbed the straw rug and patched the side near the wooden bed. Just in case, some grass on the roof of the kitchen was moved. Although it is a lot corrupted, it still works.

Wait until the harvested grass blankets are moved.

Suddenly a drizzle began to fall from the sky. After a while, the raindrops seemed to be full of water, and they fell heavier and heavier.

Ye Lingdong's heart skipped a beat, and she clasped her fingers tightly on the roof beams and climbed down from the roof.

The raindrops hit the leaves, and the sound becomes more and more urgent. Like a team beating drums, driving people into the house.

When it rains, the cold wind rages. The wind blew around the trees, making a long and drawn-out sound like a ghost crying or a wolf howling. The fear hidden deep in his heart was suddenly awakened, and Ye Lingdong's pupils shrank. His hands and feet were trembling uncontrollably. He lowered his head tightly and just wanted to get off the rafter immediately.

The strong wind almost blew the thin man away. He clung to the wood tightly, and his face was hurt by the huge raindrops.

I don't know if it was tears or rain, but they rushed down his face and towards his neck.

The last step out of the house almost made me fall. He placed his right hand on the ground, blocking part of the impact. Without any time to think, he grabbed the stick and ran towards the house.

"Woo...Grandpa..." His hasty sobs overflowed and he fled into the house.

Pitter-patter raindrops hit the roof, and the cupboard was already wet.

The chill seeped into his bones along the soaked clothes, and his hands and feet were cold.

Don't catch a cold.

He built a haystack in the house with hay wrapped around wooden boards. It's small, but it can give him an unprecedented sense of security.

He walked around the hay piled up by him on the edge of the board, found a small hole into the board, and stuffed himself in. The

surroundings dimmed, and the boards in the haystack were covered with softer grass. All his belongings were in the corner of the board.

He fumbled and pulled out the only remaining set of clothes from his bag, and changed them out of his clothes several times.

He wiped his hair with wet clothes, then unfolded it and covered it outside the haystack. It can also block the wind.

He stared at the rain outside for a while, then the cold wind woke him up.

He looked around and saw water leaking from the other side of the board. He was shocked to realize that this house was not stable either.

He was afraid that the house would collapse and he would be crushed to death in his sleep. Ye Lingdong moved again and pushed the opposite cabinet to the wooden board.

After finishing all this, he hid in the haystack again.

An Xin took out a few dates from the bag, grabbed them and ate them slowly.

"The dates on the tree haven't been beaten yet. I don't know how many they will fall." He whispered to himself. The voice is glutinous, like glutinous rice cakes sprinkled with sugar, sweet and soft.

There was pity in the little voice, like a greedy cat who didn't have enough food. After hearing this, people wanted to press him and rub his belly. Then he touched his hair and comforted him, saying that our family has food.

In Guliang Town, an ox cart creaked and creaked in the rain.

There was a shed on the bullock cart, and inside lay a handsome-looking man. Wearing a cotton-padded jacket, the outer quilt is still tightly wrapped.

But at this time, the corners of his mouth were pale, his brows were furrowed, and his breath was inaudible.

Obviously the situation is not good.

The coachman wore a bamboo hat and a raincoat, and he drove the coach responsibly. Sitting next to him was a man full of flesh and blood. Just by looking at his sinister face, you knew he was not easy to mess with.

The coachman cracked his whip and the cows walked along with their chirping sound. He thought that the man inside had a really good life, but it was a pity that his life was almost gone. I don't know if I can hold on and say the last words to my family.

The sound of rain had not subsided yet. Ye Lingdong removed the grass blades from the soles of his feet, grabbed some wormwood, crushed it, and applied it to the soles of his feet. Although he could only shrink into this small space, he was already quite satisfied.

Sleepiness came over me, and Lonicera japonica was lying on the grass nest. He unfolded the cloth to cover himself, piled hay on it, and fell asleep in a daze.

An hour later, at the entrance of Shanghua Village.

The slowly oxcart drove in, and the villagers at home heard the lowing of the cows and couldn't help but poke their heads out to take a look.

"Whose guest is this?" An old man rolled up his sleeves and watched the bullock cart passing by the door.

A woman walked beside him and looked at him: "I'm afraid it's not the boss of the Cheng family who's back." "

Didn't the man who came to our village deliver the letter say that the boss of the Cheng family was back? If he's still so anxious because of the rain, he's probably still alive. It won't work." The woman sighed.

Four years ago, the imperial court was recruiting soldiers for war, and every family with men between fifteen and forty years old had to recruit men. Many children in Shanghua Village were expropriated back then.

I don't know how much I can come back.

Amidst the rain, there was a loud knock on the door of Cun Lili's house.

"Is there anyone in Cheng Langyu's family? Cheng Langyu is back." It was the brute man who knocked on the door.

It was as if he didn't know the pain, and he was afraid of making a muffled sound if he hit the wooden door.

A sharp woman's voice sounded from the door: "Coming, coming, screaming."

Du Qiuhong grabbed the wooden door and opened it. What she saw was a man with a heavy waist and a strong back. She was so frightened that she backed away and dropped her umbrella to the ground. "Brother, we..."

The man didn't wait for her to finish, and said, "Is this Cheng Langyu's family?"

Du Qiuhong choked. Cheng Langyu? Didn't those who were killed that day serve as soldiers?

"Yes or no?" The man looked impatient, his eyes wide.

Du Qiuhong nodded quickly, with uncontrollable fear on her face: "Yes, yes." "

I was ordered to send Cheng Langyu back. Now that he has been sent, Auntie, please take him in." The man got the message and turned back. The bullock cart was intended to carry out the man inside.

"What?!" Du Qiuhong shouted in shock.

The turtle grandson is back!

Du Qiuhong followed him hurriedly and asked: "Wait a minute, big brother, what's going on with my Lang Yu? Why is there any need for someone to send him back?"

The man explained in a few words and motioned to Du Qiuhong to carry the stretcher on the other side. . "He was stabbed several times on the battlefield. For the sake of his meritorious service, the general asked me to send him back to see his family for the last time."

"He's going to die!" Du Qiuhong said with joy on her face. But it quickly subsided.

But how could he die in his own home? It would be unlucky.

But she didn't dare to say this, so she could only help carry the person in.

Seeing that it was raining heavily, the driver took Du Qiuhong's umbrella and hit it on the lying man.

Du Qiuhong curled her lips. Follow the strong man in.

"My mission is completed, let's take the first step." The man clasped his fists, turned around and walked into the rain.

The three children at home also ran out when they saw someone leaving. The eldest one is Cheng Fuzhi, who is fat as a mountain. The two younger ones are a five-year-old brother and a two-year-old daughter, named Cheng Shaoer and Cheng Baoer respectively.

Cheng Fuzhi, who was so fat that he couldn't even see his eyes, said, "Mom, is this Cheng Langyu?" Cheng Fuzhi is fifteen years old, five years younger than Cheng Langyu.

He couldn't stand this elder brother the most, so he laughed evilly and kicked the man's leg. The fat on his greasy face trembled.

Du Qiuhua was most afraid of this nominal eldest son.

Cheng Langyu was born to Cheng Anhua and his previous wife. When she came in, Cheng Langyu was already fifteen. After studying for several years, her eyes were so deep that she didn't even dare to look at them.

She grabbed her fat son. Drive away the girls and brothers who come later.

"What are you looking at? Be careful he gets up and digs out your eyeballs."

She held her son's hand tightly and looked at Cheng Langyu's face.

Observed for a while from a few meters away.

Seeing that the person was breathing out more and taking in less air, similar to when her father died, she put down her anxiety.

She covered her mouth and laughed a few times, then pulled her eldest son and whispered a few words: "Cheng Langyu can't die in our house." "

Your father is long gone. If he lives in our house, we will have to hold a funeral for him." , it's a lot of money to spend."

Cheng Langyu's father, Cheng Anhua, was a hunter. When he was here, Du Qiuhong had accumulated a lot of wealth by instigating others, but now it was all in her hands. She didn't want to take over the sudden return of a son born to the previous woman.

"What should we do?" Cheng Fuzhi smiled, his face full of malice.

"Don't that bitch Lin Xiangli like to live in thatched hut? The thatched hut at the bottom of the mountain has been abandoned for so long, and no one has gone there, so let's leave him there." It would be better if he died and was eaten by wild beasts coming down the mountain. If it's not eaten, the worst it can do is dig a hole and throw it in. It saves trouble too.

"Also, please keep your mouth shut outside. If anyone asks, just say that you sent me to my grandpa's house overnight."

"Yeah, yeah." So, in the middle of the night.

After the rain stopped, she locked the two little ones in the room, and she and Cheng Fuzhi carried the stretcher away intact.

Her family lived on the outskirts of the village and could avoid the village dogs by going around the back of the house.

After passing the village, we walked to Tiankan. Du Qiuhong muttered: "This quilt looks new, but I won't take it away out of mercy." Although her eyes were hot, she thought of the money in her hand, so she didn't take it.

After all, it is a bit uncomfortable for his own family to use things that Cheng Langyu has used.

Cheng Fu was out of breath. "Mom, how long does it take to arrive?" He wanted to throw the person into the paddy field.

"Come on, come on, keep at it."

After walking and walking for about two quarters of an hour, the two of them arrived behind the hut. "Mom, do you want to throw it here?"

"No, what if a hunter sees it? Throw it in."

Du Qiuhong felt relieved after thinking about solving such a big trouble. She stepped into the courtyard gate by a familiar route and carried the person into the house in the dark.

"Okay, put it here."

After putting the person down, Du Qiuhong said with joy: "Let's go, let's go."

He couldn't live in this house after half a year, so he forced Cheng Anhua to rebuild it with blue bricks. Big tile house.

Lin Xiangli, the stupid one, would rather live in such a bad place and let her son study.

Look, it's still the end of premature death.

If the house here collapses, no one will know if people are trapped underneath.

The footsteps gradually faded away.

Ye Chudong, who was hiding in the haystack, took a breath and almost couldn't breathe.

He was cold for the rest of the night and didn't sleep well. I woke up when I heard footsteps outside.

The sound of footsteps came closer and closer. His eyes widened in fear and he covered his mouth tightly. Afraid of being discovered and killed.

Fortunately, the person left.

But...it seems like something was put here.

Ye Lonicera hugged her knees and hid on the wooden bed in the haystack. I put my chin on my knees and waited quietly for dawn.

The rain stopped last night, and the sunlight is extra bright today.

Ye Lonicera's eyelashes trembled, and the little face exposed by the rain was too delicate to be true.

The black herbs fade away, and the fair skin is as white as fine suet jade.

The eyes are like clear springs, penetrating and pure; the small nose is like a deer in the mountains, the tip of the nose is red; the lips are a little malnourished and pale, but the shape of the lips is beautiful.

Especially the red hemorrhoids between the eyebrows are as brightly red as peach petals the size of a fingernail. It gave Chun Che's face a hint of charm.

There is no face or rickety posture that can be deliberately hidden. He is simple and pure, and it is not an exaggeration to call him a mountain elf.