Chapter 26 Inventory

But this is obviously not the right time to eat tofu.

"Is Ayu okay?"

Behind Ye Lingdong, thick ink mist rolled in Cheng Langyu's eyes, as if he was trying to swallow up the glutinous rice balls in front of him.

Seeing that he didn't answer, Ye Lingdong turned his head in confusion and met this look unexpectedly, and his heart trembled.

Ayu was like this last night, and she tormented herself for half the night.

Ye Lingdong couldn't stand his gluttony, so he stretched out his arms and covered Cheng Langyu's eyes.

"Ayu, it's time to get up."

Cheng Langyu only smiled, his narrow eyes slightly curved: "Are you afraid that I will eat you?"

Ye Lingdong bit her red lips lightly and nodded invisibly.

But the man's eyes were covered and he couldn't see it. Ye Lingdong's hand was tired and slid down to his shoulder.

"Ayu, I'm not coming."

Cheng Langyu followed his hair, not in a hurry, it will grow out in the future.

Behind him, Cheng Langyu put on his shoes, picked up Ye Lonicera by the armpits, and brought him to sit in front of the bronze mirror.

Ye Lingdong clasped his hands and looked at the figure in the bronze mirror. Every time I sit or stand, I smile with curved lips.

Cheng Langyu ran his fingertips through the long hair, flipping it a few times, and there was a bun on Ye Lingdong's head.

He took out a silver hairpin from his arms and inserted it into his hair.

Ye Lonicera looked puzzled. "When did you buy it?"

Cheng Langyu hugged the person, sinking his chin into his shoulder, and whispered slowly: "This is my mother's. He said he would give it to his future daughter-in-law."

Ye Lingdong lowered his eyebrows and lowered his eyes: "Really Good-looking."

Ye Lingdong is not like other brothers who can pile up hair accessories on his head. What he uses most is washed white cloth strips.

This is the first time I wear a hairpin.

He touched the simple hairpin, his eyes full of admiration for his mother-in-law, whom he had never seen before.

He thought that if she could give birth to a child as good as Cheng Langyu, she must be a sensible and gentle person, and he would also be part of their family in the future!

The big cat on the neck seemed to be addicted to rubbing against it, causing one side of Ye Lonicera's face to pout.

Suddenly, Ye Lonicera's earlobe felt a tingling pain.

He raised his hand and touched it and found that there were uneven marks on it.

"Ayu?"

The hand holding the earlobe was suddenly held by the man.

Ye Lingdong looked at him aggrievedly: "My earlobe hurts from biting it."

Cheng Langyu rubbed it for him: "I'm sorry." He felt distressed, but looking at the red marks half covered by his clothes, he felt full.

Ye Lingdong thought about serving tea later, and the marks on her earlobes would definitely be visible.

He said: "What should I do?"

Cheng Langyu smiled, took off the hairpin, scattered his hair again, and covered his ears with it.

Lonicera japonica seemed to feel insecure, touching it from time to time.

Cheng Langyu changed the direction and held the person facing him, resting his forehead against his forehead.

"Don't be afraid." He released the hand that was rubbing his ears and bit the tip of his nose. "Look, it's gone now."

The earlobe was bitten when he got up early, and it's not gone anymore.

Ye Lonicera finally gave up, but the uneasiness in her heart was unspeakable and she was extremely ashamed.

A bowl of brown rice porridge and two plates of leftovers.

After breakfast, the couple got up and went to the old house.

Because of the hard work last night, Ye Lonicera's feet shivered when she stepped on the ground.

Along the way, he was hugged by Cheng Langyu, who almost put his whole body weight on him.

Many uncles just smiled kindly when they saw it.

He is a doting husband.

When they arrived at the ancestral home, Ye Lingdong repeatedly promised not to fall and released his hands from behind his waist.

At that moment, his legs went weak and he almost knelt down.

Cheng Lang quickly caught it with quick eyes and hands, and cautiously said, "How about I hold it?"

Ye Lonicera's cheeks puffed up: "Huh."

There was no way, the wolf was very hungry after holding it in for too long.

In the end, with Cheng Langyu half-hugging her, Ye Rendong pursed her lips tightly and walked in.

The old couple from the Cheng family were all smiles when they saw someone coming in.

After the round of tea service, Lonicera japonica returned to the familiar state with them. Those who should be called Grandpa are called Grandpa, and those who should be called Sister-in-law are called Sister-in-law. There is not much change.

Until he saw Zhong Lingxiu's teasing eyes, Ye Lingdong was at a loss.

After serving tea and staying here for a while, the two of them went back with the two children who stayed here last night.

On the first day of marriage, there are still things to be busy with at home.

It will snow heavily tomorrow and the temperature will get lower and lower. While you still have time, take a look at what is missing at home and prepare what should be prepared so that you can have a good New Year and winter.

Ye Lingdong walked a few steps in the ancestral house, and was hugged by Cheng Langyu as soon as he went out.

He trembled in fear and said, "Someone is watching."

Knowing that he was thin-skinned, Cheng Langyu took him through the road behind the house. But he said: "It's fine if you don't look at me, husband."

Ye Lingdong groaned and knocked her forehead against his chest.

There are really no people on the road outside, but it is close to the paddy field. Along the way, the water reflected the shadow of the two people cuddling together. Warm and peaceful, as if it could last until the end of life.

Cheng Shao and Cheng Baoer held hands and looked at them doubtfully. With a look from Cheng Langyu, Cheng Shao decisively turned around and took the main road of the village.

Cheng Shao knew that he would live with his elder brother and sister-in-law from now on, and he should listen to their words.

Because at noon, they had to cook for the workers who were building the house, so the Cheng family ate in the main house.

Cheng Langyu stayed with Ye Lonicera for a long time, and then he rushed him to do business.

Because it was the first day of marriage, the Cheng family did not allow Ye Lingdong to help. So Ye Lonicera was at home with her two children.

Ye Lingdong sat by the door with a stool, watching the two children watching ants and playing house.

He couldn't sit still, so he simply stood up and looked at what was left at home.

Most of the leftovers were taken to the ancestral house, and there was still half a pot of elbows and half a pot of stir-fried vegetables.

But he didn't know how much rice and noodles he had at home, and only after looking at them did he feel at ease.

Ye Rendong took the key given to him by Cheng Langyu, waved to Cheng Shao in the yard, and asked: "Brother Shao, do you know where the food at home is?" Cheng Shao pursed his lips and pointed to the place where

Du Qiuhong used to sleep. Room. "My mother put all the food in the cabinet."

"Well," Ye Lingdong said gently, "Do you want to come with me to see it?"

Cheng Shao raised his face and ran over to catch Cheng Baoer back.

"Sister-in-law," he said.

Ye Lingdong touched the heads of the two children and moved with difficulty.

Du Qiuhong slept in the largest bedroom. Ye Lingdong found that the lock on it was only symbolic, so he opened the door directly.

Looking from the door, there is a canopy bed inside. The mahogany paint is shiny and it looks like it was newly made. There is a half-person-high wardrobe next to it, but when the wardrobe is opened, clothes are everywhere.

Paulownia dressing tables were lined up against the wall, with rouge still open on them.

Ye Lingdong sighed softly and stuffed the clothes into the cabinet, not wanting to look at them any more.

Cheng Shao stared blankly at his mother's clothes, then thought of his mother's words, and his eyes turned red pitifully.

Ye Lingdong half hugged him: "Be good, follow us from now on."

Cheng Shao sniffed and hummed softly.

Letting go, Ye Lingdong saw the cabinet Cheng Shao mentioned.

On this side of the door is a solid wooden cabinet. The style is very old, the paint is peeling off the surface, and it looks out of place with the furniture inside.

Ye Lonicera did not hesitate and opened the cabinet door.

The cabinet is large, equivalent to a small warehouse, but the contents are only piled in a corner. There are a lot of rice beans scattered on top.

Ye Lonicera stuck her head in and pulled out the cloth bag in the corner.

Three bags in total. The most polished rice is about seventy or eighty pounds. Next is half a bag of cornmeal, which weighs forty pounds. There is half a bag of thin white noodles, weighing thirty or forty pounds.

They are all the best rice and noodles. It is not an exaggeration to say that they are for the rich people in the town. Even in the Bai family before, he never saw Aunt Bai eating rice every meal.

In addition to these three bags, Feng also has an oil can. There is not much oil, only the bottom is left.

Ye Lingdong asked Cheng Shao, who was squatting next to him: "Did you eat brown rice before?"

Cheng Shao shook his head: "My father ate it when he was here. Later, my mother said it irritated her throat, so she stopped eating it."

Ye Lingdong's fingers were shaking. Up and around. "Is there any food elsewhere in the house?"

Cheng Shao scratched his head: "No, my brother's house is dirty, and my mother won't let it go. My mother has hidden everything in the small kitchen here."

Ye Lingdong bit her lip, and said That is to say, apart from the leftovers for cooking, plus this, there is nothing left at home.

Doesn't it mean that the snow has not yet melted, and the family will not have enough food.

When Cheng Baoer saw them squatting, he also jumped and squatted next to Cheng Shao, thinking they were playing.

Ye Lingdong asked doubtfully, "Are these the grains grown at home?"

Cheng Shao blinked and said, "I heard my mother-in-law asked people to come to the house and sell the fields."

"Sold?" Ye Lingdong said with round eyes. Longdong, a little dazed.

"Yeah, well, I don't farm at home. My mother-in-law often goes out to the streets to eat, and then she brings us steamed buns."

She brings steamed buns for us to eat for a day or two.

At this point, he crossed his fingers and said, "Everything at home is bought in the town. My mother-in-law doesn't like cooking."

Cheng Langyu's hand holding the key moved, and there was a crisp sound.

Why do farmers still buy food to eat? Wouldn't that be better than everyone else in the town?

Even Aunt Bai would grow something to eat behind the creek.

Ye Lingdong was a little worried. It seemed that he had to make a plan with Ayu about this.

Cheng Shao knew what was going on at home, so Ye Lingdong simply went out and sat in three rows with a small bench.

Ask for clarification first.

"Since your father passed away, have you eaten the food that your family has been buying?"

Cheng Shao grabbed Cheng Bao'er and recalled, "Well, we ate steamed buns and buns, and the meat that my mother brought back." "

The family used to raise food . Have you eaten chickens and ducks?"

Cheng Shao shook his head: "No."

Ye Lingdong worried: "Do you grow vegetables at home?"

Cheng Shao's eyes lit up. "Yes, in the backyard."

Ye Lingdong felt a little relieved, but it was only a comfort as big as silk.

After talking to the children for a while, he took the two children into the kitchen after resting enough.

This time I bought a lot of vegetables for my wedding, including rice and noodles. But he didn't know how much was left.

Ye Lingdong opened the kitchen cabinet and found it half-stacked. He breathed a sigh of relief.

Opening the tightly tied bag, there was a sack of brown rice, as well as some soybeans and flour. It's more than what's in that room.

Polished rice and brown rice, weighing just over two hundred kilograms. The cornmeal and flour combined will weigh hundreds of kilograms.

A person like Ayu needs 40 kilograms of staple food a month. Together with the two children, he weighs twenty or thirty pounds. At least sixty pounds will be lost in that month. From November to early January next year, it takes almost two months in total.

There is enough food for winter.

Ayu takes care of the outside world, while he takes care of the family.

Nowadays, most of the vegetables that workers eat are grown in their ancestral home, and the vegetables that are not enough are bought by Ayu. Don't worry about that yet.

People here don't have to worry about winter vegetables. Cheng Shao said that they have some vegetables growing in their backyard.

But...he thought about Du Qiuhong again, and thought it would be better to go and have a look.

Walking along the fence, the square piece behind is divided into two halves. Half of it was built as a shed, which should be a pigsty.

The other half is the vegetable patch, but it's more like the wild land outside.

Overgrown weeds cover up the tender vegetable seedlings. It doesn't look like something you plant, but it grows on its own.

Ye Lonicera rolled up his trouser legs and went in to plow open the weeds. I roughly recognized that there were some radishes and cabbages underneath. Because the seeds were sown too densely, they looked like wild vegetables outside.

Even the wild vegetables haven't grown well yet.

Ye Lonicera felt a little sad. What a wonderful land, wasted in vain.

After reading this, Ye Lingdong came out with his back stretched out. After driving the two children to play in the yard, he still had to clean up the house.

The quilt I changed last night also needs to be washed.

Ye Ling Dong carried the basin into the bedroom and stuffed the quilt cover thrown on the stool into the basin.

The bright mark and confusing aura made Ye Lonicera's eyes turn red. He rubbed his still aching waist and carried the basin to the yard.

There is a dedicated water well in the yard for easy access.

Because he could not touch cold water, Ye Lonicera had to go to the kitchen to boil a pot of hot water and wash it with cold water.

Cheng Shao saw him rubbing his waist frequently, his delicate little face wrinkled. He asked with some worry: "My sister-in-law has a pain in her back, let me squeeze it for you!"

Ye Rendong's hand on her lower back stiffened.

Cheng Shao thought he didn't believe it. She raised her head and said sincerely, "I have very good hands. My mother-in-law often asks me to squeeze with Bao'er."

Ye Lingdong softened her expression and touched the two children who were looking at her.

"You two go play, don't stay here, be careful to get your clothes wet."

Cheng Shao was no longer afraid of Lonicera japonica. He boldly approached the Lonicera japonica tentatively. She made a fist with her little hand and gently hammered his back.

Ye Lonicera froze for a moment and did not stop him.

Holding the warm quilt cover in your hand, use soap locust to rub out bubbles. Ye Lingdong stretched himself out and finished washing the clothes in a few strokes, then spread them out and hung them on the bamboo poles outside.

A relaxed smile appeared on his face. Cheng Shao and Cheng Baoer squatted beside them, staring blankly.

My sister-in-law's smile was as warm as the sun shining on her.

I was busy until almost noon, and Ye Lonicera finally felt relieved. He stretched his waist and swung his legs before taking his two children over for lunch.

The author has something to say: