Chapter 41 New Year's Eve Dinner

Kitchen

"Ayu, there's a big fire." Ye Lingdong said.

With many years of experience in cooking and the cooking skills he learned from Zhong Lingxiu, Ye Lingdong is the well-deserved head of this family.

Pork legs are difficult to stew, so Honeysuckle first blanch the two pieces of meat in a pot, roll them over a few times, scoop them up and drain them.

Heat oil in a pan.

When the oil is hot, add the pork leg meat and stir-fry, then add the ginger slices, garlic cloves, star anise and cinnamon.

After the meat is fragrant, add water and bring to a boil, then put it in a clay pot and simmer on the stove.

The first dish is ready.

Cheng Shao also came over with a bowl full of garlic. "Sister-in-law, the garlic is ready."

Ye Lingdong smiled and praised: "Thank you, Brother Shao and Bao'er are hardworking."

Cheng Langyu glanced at the two of them and remained silent.

Ye Lingdong glanced at him, and said with a wide smile: "My husband can do it too."

Cheng Langyu only raised her eyelids to look at him, her eyes moved slightly, and she continued to add firewood.

The second dish was fried bacon with winter bamboo shoots.

Five bamboo shoots, there wasn't much meat after peeling them off.

Lonicera japonica broke the core of the bamboo shoot into two halves, held it down with one hand and held the knife in the other. "唔唔唔" sounded several times quickly, accompanied by the crisp sound of cutting through the bamboo shoots, and the bamboo shoots became slices.

Young bamboo shoots cannot be eaten directly. They must be blanched first, otherwise they will taste bitter when fried.

Lonicera japonica waited on the stove for a while, then drained the bamboo shoots from the boiling water.

Pour the water from the pot into the bucket, wait until the pot is dry, then add the soft and sliced ​​bacon.

Bacon is fat, and lean meat has only one line.

The temperature in the pot rises and the bacon oozes oil.

Separate the fat from the honeysuckle leaves to the edge, throw a few dried chili peppers, chopped green onion and ginger into the oil, and then pour a spoonful of bean paste.

Stir-fry until fragrant and mix well with the meat, then add the winter bamboo shoots.

The clear and thin slices of pork touch the green and white bamboo shoots, and the greasiness of the fat is taken away by the freshness of the bamboo shoots. The bamboo shoots are greasy with bacon and stained with the aroma of bacon.

Really, the taste of winter.

Don't add too much salt, just sprinkle a few and serve.

This second dish is just as good.

Ye Lingdong waved his arm and said: "Ayu, the stove over there can be lit." At this time, the rice was steamed and the vegetables were ready, which happened to be ready to eat.

When the hot dishes come out of the pot, they are covered with bowls to prevent the heat from spreading.

There was still oil in the pot, so Lonicera japonica used the oil in the pot to stir-fry the vegetables.

New Year's Eve dinner can't just consist of meat. Winter vegetables are rare and delicious.

The sausages can be cut and eaten after they are boiled, so now there is only the last fish left.

The fish is from the finest Yunshan rivers.

It is fed by natural spring water. Although the fish inside are not big, their meat is tender and has no fishy smell.

The fish asked Cheng Langyu to handle it in advance and put it in the snowdrift outside. It's the snowball filled with grass blades.

It didn't matter if it was frozen for two days.

Lonicera japonica makes pickled fish.

After the oil temperature rises, pour in the sliced ​​radish strips, shredded sauerkraut, and throw in a few sour chili peppers.

The two children, Cheng Shao and Cheng Baoer, raised their necks and stood on tiptoe to take a look, but Cheng Langyu grabbed a small wooden stick to block them.

Ye Lonicera smiled, knowing that he was worried about the two of them being splashed.

Pour water into the pot and drain the half-cooked rice next door.

The rice is separated from the rice soup, and when the pot is dry, Ye Lonicera pours the rice in the pot again. Poke a few holes and use chopsticks to cover the holes, then pour a little water around the outside and cover the pot.

Just wait for the water to boil dry and it will be almost cooked.

After finishing here, Ye Lingdong took advantage of the gap to sit next to Cheng Langyu.

As soon as he leaned against the man, big hands wrapped around him.

Ye Lingdong touched the warm hands on his waist and half-squinted his eyes lazily. It's funny to see two children crying and looking like greedy cats.

"Tired?" The man's muffled voice came from above his head.

"It's okay." Ye Rendong turned to face Cheng Langyu and looked directly at him.

After watching for a while, Ye Lingdong leaned forward and hugged the man's waist, saying softly: "My lord."

Cheng Langyu's lips were pressed against his forehead, and her long eyelashes were drooped in the orange light, making her look warmer.

Ye Lingdong closed her eyes, burying herself in the man's arms and feeling lazy under the warm firelight.

When there was a boiling sound in the pot, Ye Lingdong reluctantly slowly let go of his hand and put down the marinated fish fillets.

The fish is easy to cook, just bring it to a boil and start cooking.

Coincidentally, the rice next door is almost steaming, and if you listen carefully, you can hear a subtle crackling sound.

"Eat!" Ye Lingdong said to the two greedy children.

He carried the dishes into the main room, Cheng Langyu took a bowl and washed the chopsticks, and Cheng Shao took Cheng Baoer to wash his paws.

After Ye Lingdong came back, he packed up the stove and put things on it. He was going to pick up the Kitchen King on New Year's Eve.

After finishing their work in the kitchen, Ye Lingdong followed Cheng Langyu over.

In the main room, a family of four sat down together.

Ye Lingdong followed the two children and looked at Cheng Langyu.

Cheng Langyu said: "Let's eat."

Ye Lingdong sat next to Cheng Langyu, and then he picked out the fish meat that was handed over. As for the two smaller ones, Lonicera picked the side without thorns and put it into their bowls.

After eating enough fish, Ye Lonicera sat on the stool obediently, waiting for Cheng Langyu to serve the meal.

It's rare that a meal is entirely made of polished rice.

Rice with fragrant winter bamboo shoots and bacon. When you take a bite, you can feel the soft aroma of bacon and the crispiness of winter bamboo shoots. The unique bacon aroma is perfectly balanced by the bamboo shoots.

Once it hits your tongue, your taste buds cannot escape.

Honeysuckle ate with squinting eyes and bulging cheeks. She wished she could finish chewing it quickly and have two or three more bowls.

"Eat slowly, don't choke." Cheng Langyu sat aside, picking out some fish for his husband and putting it into the bowl from time to time.

As for the two little ones, they can eat whatever they want.

A New Year's Eve dinner can be regarded as one of the most sumptuous moments of the year.

Both adults and children enjoyed the meal, and afterward, they had a bowl of pig's trotter soup to warm their bodies and hearts.

Only then did everyone hold their stomachs and stop using their chopsticks.

While there was still some light, Ye Lingdong and Cheng Langyu put away the dishes, grabbed a plate of melon seeds, peanuts and candies and placed them on the table in the main room.

After lighting the lamp, the two little ones played wherever they wanted.

Ye Lonicera was a little drowsy after a busy day.

Cheng Langyu looked at him, hugged the person next to him, and guarded the stove to add firewood.

Cheng Shao and Cheng Baoer also followed the adults around and worked in the afternoon. After playing for a while, they couldn't hold it any longer. After washing, they immediately went back to the room to sleep.

Ye Lingdong and Cheng Langyu didn't want to let their two such young children stay up late.

After tucking the two children in, Ye Lingdong yawned and sat next to Cheng Langyu again, leaning her head on his shoulder.

Cheng Langyu stared at her husband's hair and hugged him across his lap.

Ye Lonicera yawned again and slowly fell asleep.

Cheng Langyu's chin was pressed against Ye Lonicera, and his black eyes reflected the faint firelight.

After the water was boiled, Cheng Langyu looked at Ye Lonicera, who was sleeping soundly, curling his hair with her fingertips, revealing her exquisite ears.

Cheng Langyu squeezed the person with his big hand and came closer and said: "Husband, do you still want to take a bath?"

Ye Lingdong muttered and turned over: "... wash."

Cheng Langyu got up, first put the person on the bed, and then carried the water to the backyard. A dedicated shed for bathing.

The big bucket was placed inside and Cheng Langyu cleaned it.

I filled the tub with water several times, and the steaming water floated leisurely in the candlelight.

The shed is half the size of a pigsty.

There are racks for clothes next to it, and the floor is covered with boards. The water flows directly from the underground pipes, and the door is closed to create a small space.

The handkerchiefs and clothes are all ready, and a big blanket is also placed.

Cheng Langyu then returned to the bedroom.

Ye Lingdong's eyelashes trembled and she murmured: "Ayu."

Cheng Langyu's face was calm and he rubbed his face. "My husband will take you to take a bath."

Cheng Langyu took off his clothes, and then took Ye Lingdong, who was wearing cotton clothes, out.

When he got to the bathroom, he took off Ye Lonicera's clothes. Ye Lonicera felt cold all over her body and frowned as she wanted to wake up.

Cheng Langyu was afraid that he would catch cold, so he slowly sat down in the bucket with his arms in his arms.

The warm water spread from his ankles to his neck, and Ye Lonicera sighed softly in comfort.

He unconsciously rubbed the man's shoulder and fell asleep deeper.

Cheng Langyu endured it, held her waist, raised the back of her head, and gave her husband bubbles.

Finally, apply bath beans on the person and rub it from the fingertips to the toes.

"Would you like to wash your hair?" Cheng Langyu's warm voice came close to Ye Lingdong's ear.

Lonicera japonica did not answer.

"Husband?" Cheng Langyu bit his ear impatiently.

Ye Lonicera turned around, blinked, gnawing on the man's shoulder and purring: "...I want it."

Cheng Langyu touched Ye Lonicera's soft, semi-wet long hair, and stopped to think about it. In the end, he spread out his hair, wetted it, put soap on it and rubbed it with his big hands.

And he himself took the water with which the honeysuckle leaves had been washed and finished the washing hastily.

When the water became colder, Cheng Langyu hugged the person tightly and went out, quickly grabbing the handkerchief and covering the person tightly.

After wiping him, he puts on his middle coat and wraps himself in a blanket.

Cheng Langyu himself changed into a cotton-padded jacket.

The honeysuckle leaves felt a little cold, and they arched into the man's arms. He said confusedly: "Cold..."

Cheng Langyu saw the crystal collarbone exposed after the blanket was spread out. Holding his breath, he put on his shoes and led the person to the stove.

The fire hasn't gone out yet.

Ye Lonicera was in a daze, feeling hot and cold for a while.

After Cheng Langyu got angry, Ye Lonicera turned over lazily. She faced Cheng Langyu and nestled on him obediently.

The surrounding temperature rises, and the pot is filled with water again, so there is no need to keep the fire burning.

Cheng Langyu touched around with his big hands, waiting for the temperature of Lonicera japonica to rise. He opened the blanket, put a cotton-padded jacket on him, and then baked his long hair in front of the fire.

Ye Lingdong only felt that the warm sun was everywhere in the dream, making her belly and limbs stretch out.

Cheng Langyu had no choice but to pinch his wrists and wrap him in a blanket.

His long fingers wandered in the hair, and he noticed that after the hair of the person in his arms was dried, Cheng Langyu's hair was almost dry.

He then turned off the fire and carried Ye Lonicera into the bedroom.

During the whole process, Ye Lingdong didn't have to stretch her hands and was taken care of comfortably.

Every room in the house was lit with candles, and the man's bent figure was reflected in the bedroom window.

Ye Lingdong rolled around when he was put on the bed. Cheng Langyu smiled softly, lay down and held him in his arms.

It can be regarded as the two of them staying up late together.

At midnight, the sound of firecrackers could gradually be heard in the village. Cheng Langyu put down the honeysuckle and lit the firecrackers.

When the crackling sound first sounded, Cheng Langyu rushed into the house and covered Ye Lonicera's ears with his hands.

His eyebrows were too gentle, and his deep eyes were full of the figure of a sleeping person.

Cheng Langyu nestled into the quilt, closed his eyes and said, "Husband."

The child was sleeping soundly, and even this sound did not wake him up.

Cheng Langyu didn't hear the movement over there, buried his head on the back of Ye Lonicera's neck, closed his eyes and fell asleep.

The author has something to say:

Thank you for your support. (Bow)

Updated every night from 9:00 to 12:00.