Chapter 53 I am not as good-looking as a cat.

The moon is white, the wind is clear, and the sky is filled with stars.

Ye Lingdong changed the child's footwashing water and sat next to Cheng Langyu. He braced himself on the man's knees, curled his toes and stepped on the man's big feet.

"Hot your feet, husband." Cheng Langyu pinched her thin white calf and wanted to put it down.

Ye Lonicera opened the door and said, "It's hot!"

Cheng Langyu pulled down and let the soles of Ye Lonicera's feet submerge in the water: "How can we call it hot feet if it's not hot?"

After a few ups and downs, the soles of Ye Lonicera's feet were warm. He leaned on the man's arm, feeling a little drowsy.

Ye Lingdong vaguely felt his ankle being grabbed, and the rough cloth scraped across the sole of his foot. He half-opened his eyes and skillfully wrapped his arms around the man's neck.

The man's loose long hair scratched the tip of his nose, and Ye Lingdong yawned softly.

He muttered and rubbed against the person: "Mr., go to sleep."

Cheng Langyu blew out the lamp and went to the bedroom by the night light. "Okay, sleep."

The lights have stopped, and the moon shines on the clouds.

Qinghui was cold and stunned by the tranquility of the room.

This morning, after Gao Laosan was dragged back and thrown on the path, he crawled back to the door and was picked up by Zhang Xiaoya.

Gao Laosan had several broken bones in his body, and he hung on a tree all night long in the cold wind. I started to have a fever since I got home.

Zhang Xiaoya was worried that her life was in danger, so she hurriedly called Old Man Tu to save his life.

After downing several bowls of medicine, Gao Laosan finally regained consciousness.

The mountain village is empty, and the howls of wolves around Yunshan can be heard from time to time.

Gao Laosan thought of the fear of being beaten to death by Cheng Langyu, his pupils dilated, and his body wrapped in bandages couldn't stop convulsing.

Zhang Xiaoya, who was sleeping soundly next to him, was woken up and subconsciously slapped him, causing Gao Laosan's face to twitch.

Gao Laosan came to his senses instantly. He stared at the hand, his expression gradually becoming sinister.

Cheng Langyu was a man who didn't care about his life, and he didn't have the courage to provoke him again. But... Zhang Xiaoya, you can't just deal with it however you want.

The sun is rising and the morning breeze is blowing. There was the sound of broken bamboo in the yard at the foot of the mountain.

In the center of the courtyard, bamboo strips were placed on one side of a high stool, and Cheng Langyu sat on the other side.

"Ms. sir, how about I come?" Ye Lingdong swept Cheng Langyu's hand against the machete with worry in his eyes.

My husband was a scholar before, so he must have never done anything related to bamboo. In addition, if he didn't go to war again later, it would be even less likely that he would touch bamboo.

Breaking bamboo is okay, but for the job of cutting bamboo strips, Lonicera japonica still thinks it's better to do it by herself.

"Hiss..." No, the man's hand was scratched again.

Ye Lonicera quickly took away the bamboo in his hand, fiercely. "Ms. sir!"

Cheng Langyu rubbed the center of Ye Lonicera's eyebrows with his fingertips. "Why are you hissing? Besides, it doesn't look good if the husband frowns."

Ye Lingdong held the handkerchief and pressed the man's wound. The white veil had been stained with more than two or three blood spots throughout the morning.

Knowing that Ye Rendong was worried, Cheng Langyu held his little brother's palm tightly. "My husband's hands are tender and are easier to get hurt."

"No!" Ye Lingdong was confident in this aspect. "I've done many things before."

Cheng Langyu sat on a high stool and held him in his arms. "That was before, but now my husband is here."

Cheng Langyu squeezed his hand and spread it. "Besides, if you are injured, your husband will be reluctant to let your husband help."

Ye Lingdong was confused: "No."

Suddenly thinking of something, Ye Lingdong's face turned red and he wished he could leave the ant nest on the ground and get in.

"Ms. sir!" Ye Lingdong was ashamed and angry.

Cheng Langyu blinked: "What's wrong, husband?"

Ye Rendong looked at him like a gentleman, hesitating and blushing but not knowing what to say.

Really... really!

"Okay, my husband will do it by himself, while my husband goes and has fun." Cheng Langyu pushed the person away, wrapped the cloth around his hands and jumped in again.

Ye Lingdong stood on the side, saying it was not the case, and it was not the case even if he didn't say it.

In the end, he could only hold back one sentence: "Humph!"

Cheng Langyu raised his head and wondered: "Is your husband hungry? How about I go cook?"

Ye Rendong was so excited that his eyes watered up.

Cheng Langyu felt so distressed that he hugged him back into his arms again, with the water drops on his face falling from his fingertips.

"My husband is lovely." Although the laughter was low, it was also expressive.

Ye Lingdong obediently hugged the man tightly and leaned against him. "My husband, let me help you." Ye Lingdong discussed with him.

Cheng Langyu rubbed the fur head in his arms. "If you get hurt, you won't be allowed to do it in the future."

Seeing him relent, Ye Lingdong raised his head and smiled broadly. "Okay!"

"Yeah." Cheng Langyu rubbed her head against him.

Ye Lingdong held the man's head and tried to kiss him between the eyebrows. Ruanhanhan said: "Ms. sir, I like you so much."

Cheng Lang's heart melted. He looked at those almond-shaped eyes and said word by word: "Ms. sir, I like you too."

Ye Lingdong was stunned, and then smiled like a flower.

"Mr. Hug!"

Cheng Langyu pulled his brother into his arms without hesitation. Really, I can't get enough of it.

After the two little ones woke up, the Cheng family started dinner.

Cheng Shao looked at his elder brother and then his sister-in-law, and felt that the two of them were even stickier now.

After Cheng Shao and Cheng Baoer finished eating, they went to busy themselves with what they were doing. Feed the cat, feed the rabbit.

It's not their turn to feed the pigs yet.

Leaf Lonicera threw the pigweed into the pig trough and sat under the eaves with a small stool. The remaining bamboo was left to my husband, who was already skilled, to handle the bamboo shoots himself.

To say that my husband got started quickly, it was too fast!

I just followed his example before eating, and I never saw his hand getting injured again. It seemed that he could do it faster than me.

As expected of his husband!

Ye Lonicera sat down, and the family cat ran to him. It first squatted and watched for a while, then jumped onto Ye Lonicera's lap.

Cheng Shao let the rabbit out and cleaned the basket.

Cheng Baoer just stared at the rabbit. But it got boring after a long time, so she simply stayed by Ye Lonicera's side with her rabbit ears.

If you dig a lot of bamboo shoots, peel them off, blanch them in water and then dry them in the sun.

Ye Lonicera used a knife to cut open the bamboo shoots, turned his wrist, and used skill to remove the outer layer of the shell, exposing the core of the bamboo shoots.

The big gray rabbit was held by Cheng Baoer and did not dare to move. The little girl looked at it for a while, then let go of the rabbit and reached into the basket to learn to peel the shell.

Cheng Shao, who had finished cleaning up the hut over there, saw this and ran over.

With two backpacks, the three of them spent most of the morning peeling.

In the two pots on the side, tender bamboo shoots are piled together. It is pointed and looks like a round and solid pagoda.

Seeing that there were not many bamboo shoots left, Ye Lingdong said to the child: "There are still a few bamboo shoots left. Can Brother Shao and Bao'er help me?"

"Okay, sister-in-law." Cheng Shao tore open the bamboo shoots without raising his head.

Ye Lonicera smiled and took the cutting board outside to cut.

With one strike of the knife, the palm-long bamboo shoot broke into two halves. The sound is loud and crisp, just listening to it is comfortable for the ears.

Cutting bamboo shoots is faster than breaking bamboo. It doesn't take much effort and can be done with one knife.

Hold the honeysuckle leaves in one hand and cut them with the other. When the basin is full, pour it into the pot.

Lighting the firewood, Ye Lingdong took out the sieves at home and washed them. He moved two stools outside and put the sieve on them.

Take the time to stuff some firewood and speed up the process to cut out all the bamboo shoots.

The bamboo shoots in the pot take off their tender color in the boiling water. Ye Lonicera takes out the cooked bamboo shoots and puts them into a basin and carries them to the yard. Then use chopsticks to hold it and place a layer on the sieve.

When the second pot was cooked, the sieve at home could not fit, so Ye Lingdong collected some dustpans and the like and took them out to put on the table.

The two children peeled the remaining bamboo shoots and picked up the bamboo shoot husks all over the ground.

The peeled bamboo shoot shells are not thrown away, but piled up in the corner of the yard and spread out. After drying, they can also be used as firewood.

It's late afternoon and the warm sun is just right.

Ye Lingdong sat in the middle of the yard with a small stool, teaching her husband how to make baskets.

There are special baskets for fish, as well as floor cages and rabbit cages.

Bamboo strips are laid on the ground, and Lonicera japonica uses its hands and feet to weave according to the warp and weft.

The longitude and latitude lines are intertwined, and the places that need to be bent are burned on the fire.

In addition, in order to make the shape of the braided thing stable enough, long smooth bamboo blocks need to be padded inside.

One teaches and the other learns. When the sun is about to set, two small fish baskets that are almost the same are ready.

The fish basket is small and compact. The mouth is small at the top, showing through the long and narrow neck, and the belly is square at the bottom.

If you put a plug in the opening, you can sell it in town for a few cents.

In two days, the couple used up all the bamboo. Made fish baskets and rabbit cages.

The rabbit cage is about the same size as the cage where the pigs were kept, which is better than being in a backpack.

The rabbits have a nest, and the two little ones are the most active.

Ye Lonicera just put the cage on the bricks, with the lower part hanging in the air.

The two siblings put the new hay in the corner of the cage. Then put some furry little rabbits in, and then add ashes.

For rabbit food, hang a small bag directly outside the cage so that rabbits can get it.

Make something up and make the yard a little messy.

Lonicera japonica took advantage of the dim light to sweep the yard with a broom. The bamboo scraps from the top are collected from the net and piled together with the bamboo shoot shells. The remaining dust was poured under the fruit trees in the yard.

The sun fell, and the hidden stars suddenly lit up.

Lonicera japonica sliced ​​the remaining bamboo shoots into slices and said, "Mr., did you get stung the day after tomorrow?"

Her ears softened when she heard the crisp sound of "crack". Cheng Langyu looked at her husband's hands holding the bamboo shoots. hand. Comparable to the white and tender tips of bamboo shoots.

"It's Jingzhe." Cheng Langyu said.

Lonicera japonica let out a hazy grunt and put the chopped bamboo shoots into the pot.

The water vapor floated up as the lid was lifted. The higher you go up, the lighter the color. The eyelashes of Lonicera japonica were stained and condensed into water droplets hanging on them.

"Husband." Cheng Langyu called softly.

"Ah?" Ye Lingdong opened his eyelashes, and the water droplets spread out, moistening his eyelashes.

Ye Lingdong stared at the man with an unpredictable expression. He asked in confusion: "Mr.-sister?"

Against the firelight, his husband-in-law looked handsome with thick eyebrows.

Her long, satin-like hair was tied up with a hairband. If she wasn't wearing a coarse cloth jacket, she could be called an immortal or a Taoist.

The man didn't speak, so Ye Lonicera withdrew his eyes and concentrated on cooking.

I have to go to bed early tonight. I need to go to my ancestral home tomorrow to regain my energy.

It's dawn in the distance, and the morning fog has dissipated.

On the slope, honeysuckle carries the beaten pigweed home.

In this season, goose intestines are the most abundant, and pigs also love to eat them. All you need to do is find a piece of land in a deserted spot, and you can get a lot of it.

It only takes a quarter of an hour or two from the time the leaf honeysuckle comes out to the time when the basket is filled and returned home.

At home, Cheng Langyu made a fire to cook.

His face was calm, but if it weren't for the teeth marks on his neck that were bitten by Lonicera japonica, I don't know how the man had made him so angry last night.

That's why early in the morning Honeysuckle stayed away from the man and went out alone to look for hogweed.

"Husband..." Seeing him come back, the man sat on the small stool and stared at him like silk.

Ye Lonicera ignored it and touched his belly inadvertently.

It's such a fuss, and I don't know if there are any cubs left.

Ye Lingdong turned around and went into the backyard to feed the pigs. When he came out again, he was holding the cat in his hand.

He stood by the kitchen door for a while, then moved to sit next to the man.

Cheng Langyu held the person on his knees. "Husband."

Ye Lingdong lowered his eyes and put his hands on the cat.

Cheng Langyu arched his neck and said weakly: "I'm not as good-looking as a cat."