Chapter 51: The soles of the feet are soft.

A night of peach blossoms rains outside the house, and the small courtyard blends into the mountain ink.

The couple got up to cook.

Ye Lonicera was rolling firewood and preparing to light the fire when a cat meowed from inside the stove.

He held up the firewood and lowered his head, and saw two round eyes like bright pearls glowing dimly in the stove.

"Why did you run in?" Ye Lingdong stretched out his hand tentatively.

Cheng Langyu said: "Be careful of being scratched."

"No." Ye Lingdong put his hand on the cat's head and said with charming teeth, "So good."

Ye Lingdong picked up the cat's paw and grabbed it out.

Looking at the black cat, which is only three or four months old, it rested overnight and is still a little wilted.

Lonicera held the back of his neck and patted the dust: "I just wiped it for you yesterday, and it's dirty again."

The black cat was obedient, its hind legs curled up, staring at the person with its round eyes, and allowed Lonicera to do whatever it wanted.

Honeysuckle tapped the tip of its nose and said, "So good."

She held the cat on her knees and struck the flint a few times to light the grass on fire.

Warmth came quickly. The black cat on his lap slowly stretched his body, rested his head on his front paws, closed his eyes and purred.

"Ms. sir, I want to catch fish." Ye Lingdong followed Maomao and said to Cheng Langyu.

Cheng Langyu poured in the washed rice and said, "Okay, we'll go there later."

Ye Lonicera showed her face. It happened to be rainy today, so she couldn't do much farm work. Catch more fish and save them to feed the cat later.

The man was busy at the stove, and Honeysuckle softened his eyebrows and held the cat's paw to warm the fire.

The drizzle turned into needles, pricking little by little into the creek in front of the yard. Circles of ripples appear, forming a scene of their own in front of the empty mountain scenery.

A bowl of Yangchun noodles for breakfast, and each person boiled an egg.

While admiring the drizzle outside, Ye Lingdong stood close to Cheng Langyu, sipping his noodles with small mouthfuls.

Cheng Shao and Cheng Baoer smashed eggs together, peeled them and put them into bowls, then mixed them with noodles and eggs to eat.

Cheng Langyu was rarely leisurely, his whole body was quiet, and he felt like a hermit fishing with a bamboo pole.

He held the egg in his big hand and knocked it on the table a few times. The egg cracked into pieces.

He slowly peeled off the eggshell and took half of it off.

Ye Lonicera babbled, puffing out her cheeks and looking at his hands.

His lips suddenly touched the smooth and tender egg white, and he picked it up and took a bite. Just pick up the noodles with the chopsticks and put them into your mouth together.

Cheng Langyu couldn't help but poke her cheeks bulging.

Lonicera japonica was eaten happily, and she did not forget to remind Cheng Langyu, who was looking after her: "My husband also eats it."

Cheng Langyu's eyes were light, reflecting her husband's hair. He looked away and finished the bowl of noodles that was as big as his face.

A bowl of noodles is only two taels, but Lonicera japonica can make me full.

He slumped on the stool and leaned against the man to eat.

"Husband, get up and take a walk." Cheng Langyu put away the bowls and chopsticks.

"Yeah." Ye Lingdong lazily turned to Cheng Shao's side again.

Cheng Baoer had finished eating long ago and was now squatting in front of the stove, holding the black cat's claws.

"Mao Mao." The child's voice was childish.

Cheng Shao was leaning against Ye Lingdong, half of his body was frozen, and his other hand was wiping the table with a rag.

"Bao'er," Cheng Shao put down the tablecloth and shouted to the kitchen, "Bao'er, feed Da Hui."

When Ye Lingdong heard this, the corners of his mouth dropped. It's great that these two kids didn't learn from their mother.

Cheng Baoer gently covered the cat's ears and replied loudly: "Brother, I understand."

However, it was raining outside.

Ye Lingdong got up and followed them to the backyard.

Since they learned what rabbits eat, Cheng Shao and Cheng Baoer spent half a day looking for rabbit grass.

Bring back whatever is dry or tender, as long as you can eat it.

For this reason, Ye Lingdong specially prepared a basket and placed it outside the pig pen, and put the grass dug by the two children inside.

But if you keep digging every day, the fresh and tender food will become bad if it accumulates too much. The two small ones will spread them out on the fence, or take them to the stove to dry.

The little rabbit was still small and had no warmth on its body. It was all squeezed in the fur of the big rabbit and could not be seen outside the pig pen.

Ye Lingdong watched Cheng Shao and Cheng Baoer each grab a handful of grass and throw it into the pig trough, then turned around and looked at him obediently.

"Okay?" Ye Lingdong said.

"Okay." The two children nodded, and then they pulled one on each side and led Ye Lonicera back.

In the house

, the black cat nestled in front of the stove to warm itself up. Cheng Langyu stood there and looked at it, then put the few noodles in the pot into a cut bowl and handed them to it.

"Eat." Cheng Langyu stood up and stood away, looking at the cat.

I only gave him water last night, and the cat at home ate it with people. If you want to eat better, go to the Yunshui River and catch fish yourself.

Ye Lingdong came in and saw a man as big as his husband blocking the stove.

Glancing down, the black cat sniffed the bowl that came from nowhere and started to eat it wholeheartedly.

"Ms. sir," Ye Lingdong held the man's hand, "Did you do it?"

Cheng Langyu brushed away the fine raindrops on his hair. "It found it on its own."

The corners of Ye Lingdong's lips curved up: "Really?"

Cheng Lang's expression remained unchanged, and he raised his sleeves to wash the dishes: "Of course."

Ye Lingdong chuckled, followed the child and squatted in front of the cat to look at it. Eat big noodles.

"It's not afraid of life." Ye Lingdong said.

"Sister-in-law, are we raising her?" Cheng Shao asked.

Cheng Baoer raised his head proudly: "I'm sure I'll support him. Big brother has given me food to eat!"

Ye Rendong glanced at her husband who was washing the dishes at home and nodded seriously.

"When the rain stops, we will catch fish and feed the cats. But you two, remember, you are not allowed to cross the fence to the river, you know?"

Cheng Shao nodded seriously: "Sister-in-law, we are grown children, you know. ."

Ye Lingdong rubbed the heads of the two children. "Just be good."

Cheng Langyu finished cleaning up the stove and picked up Ye Lonicera, who was squatting on the ground.

"It's not good to squat for a long time." Cheng Langyu said, "Don't you want to raise pigs? Let's catch them while we have time."

Ye Rendong turned around and was surprised: "Pig?"

Cheng Langyu pinched the tip of his nose: "Forgot, you I said it last night."

"I haven't forgotten, are you going now?" Ye Lingdong turned around and pressed his hands on the man.

Cheng Langyu crouched down and touched the tip of his nose. "Well, go now."

"But the fish..." Ye Lonicera stood on tiptoe and looked over the man's shoulder at the cat who was still eating.

Cheng Langyu hugged the person and carried him out. "Fish is easy, just put it in a basket and collect it at night."

There are so many fish in Yunshui River, and every household has no meat to eat, so from time to time they will catch some for toothpaste. Throwing a backpack on your back will definitely help you get better results.

Ye Lingdong listened and lay obediently on the man's shoulder, watching the two of them getting further and further away from Cheng Shao.

Suddenly, he patted the man on the shoulder and lowered his voice: "Mr. sir, have you let me go?"

"Let me go. I don't know if we can meet him on the road." Cheng Langyu said nonchalantly.

The couple found an older basket from the woodshed and tied strips of cloth on both sides.

When Ye Lingdong returned to the room, Cheng Langyu grabbed the backpack and walked towards the river bank.

"Ms. sir! I'm holding an umbrella!" Ye Lingdong followed him out with an umbrella.

Cheng Baoer and Cheng Shao guarded the cat, one patting its head and the other patting its back.

"Brother, there are big grays and big blacks." Cheng Baoer said, "Can we still feed the pigs?" Cheng Shao hugged his knees and

shook his head: "Pigs eat grass, and there is a lot of pig grass. But I think the pigs are growing It doesn't look good."

Cheng Baoer showed his white teeth and smiled.

"You can eat meat!"

In the corner, the rain dispersed and the clouds closed.

Ye Lingdong watched Cheng Langyu put down the basket and fix it, then locked the door and went to the village.

It had just rained and the path was muddy. If you are not careful, you can slip into the field.

Not long after the group walked on the road, their cloth shoes became a lot heavier.

Ye Lonicera walked to the front, letting Cheng Shao and Cheng Baoer step on the grass as they walked. He also stopped from time to time to take the little baby behind him.

Cheng Langyu followed suit and stepped on the grass that was about to rise.

"Pah." He stepped on the weeds directly into the mud.

The paddy field, which is smoother than a mirror, is a little deserted, just like the knight who put away his sword and retired to seclusion, sharp and gentle.

Two-quarters of an hour later, the four of them arrived at the south side of the village.

Cheng Shao and Cheng Baoer ran to their ancestral home like they were having fun. It had been a long time since they had played with Yuanxiao.

"Slow down." Ye Lingdong turned around and asked, "Ms. sir, should we buy a pig first or go back to our ancestral home first?"

Piglets are not cheap. A piglet weighing thirty or forty pounds costs half a tael. Ye Lingdong took the opportunity to stuff one or two to Cheng Langyu.

Cheng Langyu led the people onto the main road of the village. "First find helpers to lift the pigs."

Ye Lingdong said: "Second brother?"

Cheng Langyu nodded sincerely: "Yes, Cheng Limin."

When the couple arrived at the ancestral house, there was laughter and laughter inside.

When Ye Lingdong entered the door, he saw three little cubs sharing interesting things about the past few days with each other. The little Yuanxiao baby propped up his knees and occasionally responded.

The other two were still being pulled by Hu Zi, and they were not idle.

"Grandma, grandma, sister-in-law, auntie." Ye Lingdong called.

"Brother Dong is here, come in and sit down." Tan Chunliu carried a stool to the main room.

Cheng Langyu pushed Ye Rendong's back: "You play for now, I'll go by myself."

Ye Rendong glanced at the man and was pulled into the room to chat with his sister-in-law.

Cheng Langyu went directly to find his grandfather Cheng Zhongshu in another room.

The old man was half-covered with a quilt and smoking a cigarette on the pillow. Seeing Cheng Langyu coming, his old eyes opened slightly: "Lang Yu, I'm willing to come and play."

Cheng Langyu moved a stool and sat beside the bed, and said straight to the point: "Grandpa, I want to buy a piglet."

Cheng Zhongshu touched his beard. . "Li Er's whole family bought it?"

Cheng Langyu said: "This is the only family in the village."

Cheng Zhongshu stood up and put on his shoes and said, "Let's go. I see that his family didn't go out today, so I just wanted to go take a look."

"Grandpa, I'll call you second brother." Cheng Langyu said upon seeing this.

"Go ahead, go ahead." Cheng Zhongshu waved his hand.

Ye Lingdong was sitting on a stool. His sister-in-law, grandma, and aunt at home all had other things to do, so he could only sit with his sleeves pinched.

"Brother Dong, Li Min is getting engaged on the second day of February. Come and have a look when the time comes." The aunt said with a happy face, holding needle and thread in her hand.

Ye Lingdong paused with his hands in his sleeves and said with a smile: "Second brother, you are interested in it?"

Du Jinhe smiled and stroked his palms: "Isn't that boy urging me hard? At the beginning of the year, I asked them to look at each other, and they took a look at each other. We meet each other."

Ye Lingdong: "Is she a girl from our village?"

Zhong Lingxiu cracked melon seeds and said, "No, she is a brother, and her family is from the town. However, her hometown is Raoguan Town."

Ye Lingdong said My heart skipped a beat when I heard the name of this town. However, thinking that he had nothing to do with that place, he still agreed: "Then we will definitely come and have a look."

Tan Chunliu said happily: "No, let's meet."

In the village, after the two sides looked at each other , you can get engaged.

"Limin fell in love as soon as he saw her." Du Jinhe said, she said with some emotion: "I found the person for him, and it will be up to them to live together as a couple."

Zhong Lingxiu grabbed a handful of melon seeds and handed them to him. Give leaf honeysuckle. He joked: "My grandma and grandma will enjoy their happy days later." The

Cheng family didn't worry about whether the daughter-in-law was a brother or a sister. As long as she was good, family-oriented, and the boy liked her. None of the Cheng family would object.

Tan Chunliu thought of that brother's appearance, and also interjected: "He looks like a well-behaved person. There are seven or eight brothers and sisters in the family, and he is the middle one." "

Brother is capable and can take care of him inside and outside ." .The most important thing is to be able to control Li Min's impatience."

Honeysuckle peels melon seeds with hands and piles them on the side. I thought, looking like this, he is a soft-tempered brother.

Several daughters-in-law talked about Cheng Lijun going to the town to teach, from Cheng Limin to Cheng Lishen, the second uncle of Cheng's family, who was about to get engaged.

Going around and around, it's all about these children.

Not long after, a pig growled outside.

Ye Lonicera and several others went out to welcome him.

"Ms. sir." Ye Lingdong's smile widened and she headed straight towards the man.

Zhong Lingxiu was interesting to watch. Brother Dong is really clingy.

"Let's go back." Cheng Langyu held his brother's hand.

"What are you going to do? Let's have a meal before leaving." Du Jinhe followed and said.

"Auntie, I still have things to do at home. Come back another day." Cheng Langyu walked in front and greeted Cheng Limin to carry the pig.

Ye Lonicera called two children to follow.

Cheng Yuanxiao chased after him. "Uncle Dongdong!"

Ye Rendong smiled at him and waved: "Yuanxiao, come and play next time."

The little guy was lying by the door, watching the person go away. Zhong Lingxiu picked up her little cub and said, "If you want to play, mommy will take you there."

Her hands wrapped around Zhong Lingxiu's neck like Lantern Festival lotus root festivals, and she leaned close to him: "Mom, you keep your word. "

Okay, just follow your father's example and keep your word!"

The two men carried the pig and walked behind.

Along the way, Cheng Limin kept talking. "Brother Ayu, I also want to marry a husband."

"My husband is very good-looking, with big eyes that reach up to my shoulders." He gestured to his shoulders as he said, "It's a small one, holding him softly "."

Cheng Langyu doubted: "Have you hugged me?"

Cheng Limin chuckled: "No! It's what I thought."

Cheng Langyu rolled his eyes: "My husband is the most handsome."

Cheng Limin was unconvinced: " I'm not competing with you. Even if I were to compete, my husband is the most handsome!"

Ye Rendong led the two children to the front, but for some reason, the two brothers behind him started to quarrel.

Sure enough, in front of his close brother, even Ayu would occasionally show some childishness.

Honeysuckle leaves arrived home first.

If the pig is to be put into the pig pen, the rabbit inside must be cleaned out.

On the way, Lonicera japonica and the two little ones agreed to keep it in a backpack first, and then go to the mountain to cut some bamboo and make a larger cage when they are free.

Ye Lonicera found a large backpack, filled it with grass and carried it to the back.

Cheng Baoer had already picked up the rabbit by its ears, waiting for Ye Lonicera to come over.

The big rabbit weighs five or six pounds, while the little rabbits below have sparse hair and look no more than two fingers.

"Bao'er, put it in." Ye Lingdong put the basket on the ground.

Cheng Baoer stood on tiptoe, gently released his hands, and put the rabbit into the basket.

"Sister-in-law, please don't jump out." As she said that, she climbed into the pigsty again.

"Don't fall." Ye Lingdong said.

"It's okay, sister-in-law, I'm very powerful." Cheng Baoer handed over the little rabbit, and Cheng Shao caught it and stuffed it into his backpack.

Ye Lonicera took the opportunity to count them, and there were eight of them.

Ye Lonicera carried the basket to the corner and left the rest to the man.

Cheng Langyu, who has long hands and feet, stepped into the pig pen and used a broom and shovel to clean out the debris inside.

Cheng Limin stared at the basket with eyes burning: "This rabbit is fat. If you kill it, you can eat several kilograms of meat."

Cheng Baoer stopped in front of the basket and pouted: "No."

"I'm kidding you." Cheng Limin looked like a fan. Patted her forehead with his big palm and said.

Cheng Baoer couldn't stand firmly and was made crooked by Cheng Limin.

Cheng Langyu: "Pass the pig in."

Cheng Limin looked at the pig pen and wondered what he was thinking. He got into the bamboo cage and picked up the piggy.

In an instant, there was a loud roar of pigs, which made the ears tremble.

The black piggy was seen struggling with its limbs, as if he was drunk and crazy, and his feet were flapping.

Cheng Limin felt like he was facing a formidable enemy, holding tightly to prevent him from moving. "Don't move, or I'll eat you!"

"Try moving again! Try it!" Cheng Limin pinched the pig's mouth. He couldn't communicate with human words, so he simply imitated pig howling.

Cheng Lang's mouth tightened, not knowing what to say.

Ye Lingdong, who was about to help lift the cage, paused, a little embarrassed. The second brother is indeed a bit like what my husband said, sometimes lacking a strength.

Cheng Langyu reluctantly took the piggy from his hand and put it into the pig pen, and then held it out of the pig pen.

Tsk, I have to change my body again.

Cheng Limin took a step back to get out of the way, and the soles of his feet suddenly felt soft. He looked down and jumped.

"Eh~"

Cheng Shao and Cheng Baoer moved away, pinching their noses in disgust. Imitated him: "Eh..."

"You little bastard, how dare you laugh at your brother!" Cheng Limin jumped to arrest him.

Cheng Langyu hurriedly carried his second brother by the collar: "Let's go, second brother will teach me how to kill pigweed."

Cheng Limin's face suddenly changed, and he put his arms around Cheng Langyu's shoulders: "This is not easy. Let me get you two backpacks."

Cheng Langyu pushed him away: "Rub your feet clean first."

"Ah, oh." Cheng Limin chuckled.

Ye Lingdong shook his head and began to pack up the things on the ground.

I don't know what my second sister-in-law will think in the future.