Chapter 52 Ahem, I'm hungry.

When Cheng Shao saw his two brothers leaving, he said to Cheng Bao'er, "Bao'er, let's go too."

Cheng Bao'er swayed, grabbed Cheng Shao's hand, and ran out.

Honeysuckle dumps pig manure into the vegetable patch. He put the shovel down and placed it on the edge of the pig pen like a stick, looking at the little black pig with a silly grin.

When his stomach growled twice, he pressed it and happily went to cook.

If there are more people in the family, half a bowl of steamed rice will be added. Ye Lonicera stood in front of the cabinet, thought for a moment, and poured down half of the scooped brown rice.

Since we are guests, put less brown rice.

Pour the rice into the basin, mix it with water, and Ye Lonicera suddenly hears exclamations outside the yard.

Back so soon?

Ye Lonicera poured the rice water into the bucket. I wiped my hands and sat in front of the stove, passing the firewood and looking out the door.

"Sister-in-law! So many fish!" Cheng Baoer's voice came from a distance, like a magpie's chirping.

fish?

Honeysuckle leaves ring the baskets dropped this morning. "Caught it so quickly?"

He turned sideways and pulled out the big black fish from the stove hole next to him, and said while carrying and slapping the ashes: "I caught the fish for you to eat."

"Meow." The voice was quick and crisp.

The honeysuckle leaves nodded its wet nose. "It's still a kitten."

Cheng Langyu carried the basket into the yard, with water flowing behind it. Ye Lonicera was puzzled. Didn't he go hunting for pigweed?

Immediately afterwards, two baskets of pigweed came in through the courtyard gate. One after another, Cheng Limin was caught in the middle.

Ye Lonicera closed her lips up and down, silently opening her eyes.

Pigweed shouldn't be heavy...

After the firewood in his hand was burned, Dahei, who was resting on his lap, stepped on it and turned around.

Ye Lonicera let go of her hand and looked at it, observing its every move.

Dahei suddenly stopped, sat upright elegantly, and stared at the door.

"Aren't you going?" Ye Lingdong raised a cat's paw and tapped the door.

Dahei's head was dangling from being carried away, as if he knew that food was coming, and he stepped on the honeysuckle leaves and barked softly.

The sound was short, a bit like hurting the throat.

Ye Lonicera's legs were pricked by the cat's claws, so he simply held them with one hand and said, "If you can't go down, don't worry." Dahei

let out a soft "Ah" and remained obediently still.

Ye Lingdong held the cat-faced plate and said curiously: "You still understand!"

"Be good, let's ask them to bring it in."

Cheng Shao and Cheng Baoer circled around the basket as soon as they came back. The fish and shrimp inside are jumping and quite fresh.

Cheng Langyu: "Bring out a basin."

Cheng Shao jumped back to the house. "Sister-in-law, get the basin."

"Get the bucket on the ground." Ye Lingdong said, covering the cat's head.

"Okay!" Cheng Shao turned around and took out the wooden barrel placed next to the cupboard.

Cheng Limin looked at Cheng Lang with resentment, and took a basket of pigweed to the backyard without complaint.

When they came out, Cheng Langyu happened to pick fish from the basket. Cheng Limin pushed him away, but he didn't move. Instead, he almost fell to the ground.

In particular, Cheng Langyu curled his lips in disgust and said: "Bring some water, the fish are dying of thirst."

Cheng Limin: "I am a guest, how can you order me! Brother Ayu!"

Cheng Limin found the confidence and pointed The kitchen raised his chin: "You go!"

Cheng Langyu rolled his eyes: "I'll go."

"Huh?" Cheng Limin raised his hand. Why was it different from what he thought...

Cheng Langyu wanted to go back and be in the same room with his husband, so he brought water and quickly returned to the house.

Cheng Limin squatted down, like a bear, with two little bears beside him, picking at the fish, shrimps and crabs in the basket.

He kept mumbling: "The tail of this fish is red, just right for braised in braised pork. Oops! This shrimp is as big as a finger and can be fried. This crab is good, suitable for grinding the teeth of the rhubarb at home."

Cheng Baoer looked at the two very different fish he dug out. He piled on the pile and said: "Where is Dahei?"

Cheng Limin: "Dahei has a small appetite, one fish is enough."

Cheng Baoer was suspicious: "Really?"

"Uh-huh, it couldn't be more true!"

Ye Lingdong didn't know what was going on outside. After a few people were messing around, he finished cooking and shouted outside: "It's time to eat."

Cheng Limin: "It's coming, it's coming!"

Ye Rendong looked at the man who was still sitting by the stove and said warmly: "Mr., wash your hands and eat. ."

Cheng Langyu dusted off his body, brought a basin of hot water to Ye Lingdong, spread his hands and said, "Wash it for you, my husband."

Ye Lingdong looked at the cat on his body, and then at his husband's hands. . After hesitating for a second, he picked up the cat and put it at his feet, handing it over.

Inadvertently, he looked up and saw Cheng Langyu's lips curled up.

Ye Lingdong didn't know why, "Why are you laughing?"

Cheng Langyu said, "Did I laugh?"

Ye Lingdong moved down from the stool and squatted on the mushroom next to the man. This time I don't look at the cat, but at Cheng Langyu.

His big calloused hands held the back of his hand. It's a little hard, but feels solid.

The hands of the two people are also different colors. My own is like the tip of an onion, white. The husband's hands looked more like they had been touched in the mud for a long time, and were wheat-colored.

The man picked up the water and poured it on his hand. It was warm and comfortable.

Ye Lingdong knocked her head on the man's arm and watched quietly. From time to time, she pinched the man's fingers to stop him from washing his hands.

But Cheng Limin, who had just walked in, was disgusted.

"Ahem! I'm hungry." Cheng Limin glanced at the beams and said without any guilt.

Ye Lingdong's shoulders shook, and the earlobes hidden in her hair quietly turned red.

Cheng Lang glanced at him. "There's some in the pot. Serve it yourself."

Cheng Limin shrugged without being polite. He took out a large bowl from the cabinet and filled it with rice.

Cheng Langyu covered her husband's hands with a handkerchief and wiped away the water. I squeezed it gently and it felt soft.

Ye Lingdong looked outside the door: "Where are Cheng Shao and the two?"

Cheng Limin squatted on the eaves with a bowl in his hands and said, "They said he wanted to kill the fish for the cat to eat."

Ye Lingdong stood upright while supporting the man's shoulders and rubbed his hands. Legs that have aged for a long time.

Cheng Langyu went out with a basin to pour water, and Ye Lingdong said: "Mr. sir, call the two young ones."

After saying that, Ye Lingdong went to the cupboard to take out the dishes and chopsticks for several people, poured water over them and put them on the stove.

What is cooked in the pot is Kong rice, which is to add water to the rice and cook it half-cooked, then drain the water. Then stir-fry some vegetables and put in the condiments. Then cover the dish with rice.

Poke the air holes and add a little water to steam until cooked.

It's a little faster to make this, there are rice and vegetables, and the taste is not bad.

Ye Lonicera used a spatula to stir the rice on the surface and the bacon and radish on the bottom evenly.

The bacon alone is greasy, but combined with the tenderness of the radish, it relieves the greasiness and adds a meaty flavor. It just goes with the rice, and the rice grains are sticky with oil and water. It's so fragrant that even Cheng Baoer can eat a big bowl at one time.

If you're thirsty, there's rice soup. The milky white rice soup is silky and smooth, with the fragrance of rice.

Cheng Limin finished a large bowl in one go and returned to the pot to serve more.

Cheng Langyu ignored him and picked out the meat in his bowl and gave it to Ye Lonicera.

Ye Lonicera held her own small bowl and ate while the food in the bowl grew higher and higher. He distributed some of these and gave them to Cheng Shao and Cheng Baoer.

"What about the fish?" Ye Lingdong asked the two children.

"In the bucket, brother won't let us kill the fish." Cheng Baoer said.

Ye Lingdong also nodded: "You can't touch the knife now. If you cut your hand, it will bleed a lot."

Cheng Langyu: "Feed the fish directly to the cat."

Cheng Shao scratched his head, as if his elder brother was right.

Cheng Limin squatted on the eaves and slowed down his eating speed. "What's the matter? The cats in the village go to the river to find fish by themselves. The raw ones are still fresh and tender."

Cheng Baoer looked at Cheng Shao and saw him nodding.

"Yeah! Eat raw." Cheng Baoer said while holding his chopsticks.

After the meal, the two brothers sat in the yard to eat.

Ye Lonicera went to the backyard to see the pigs and fed some food to the cats. As for the small fish they caught, the brother and sister looked after them.

After the animals at home are fed, the men outside are also resting.

Ye Lonicera took off her apron and said, "Let's go into the mountains and dig bamboo shoots."

It's early spring, and the bamboo shoots are about to sprout, which is perfect for digging spring bamboo shoots.

Lonicera foliata originally planned to cut some bamboo to make rabbit cages, but happened to think of spring bamboo shoots.

Since it's on your way, dig more. It is cost-effective to make dried bamboo shoots, whether you eat them or sell them.

There were three adults together, and the bamboo forest was right across the street, so we were worried about leaving the family alone, with only two children following us.

From the small courtyard to the bamboo forest, if the wooden bridge can be crossed, it will take less than half a quarter of an hour. But the wooden bridge is old and I don't feel confident stepping on it. So a few people took the path along the foot of the mountain.

On the path, the two children were chirping like birds out of a cage, eliciting responses from countless birds.

Arriving at the bamboo forest, as soon as I put down my backpack, I saw Cheng Limin jumping out like a wild dog having fun.

Ye Lingdong looked decisively at Cheng Langyu and then snickered. The man's modest dislike is quite childish.

But just for a moment, Cheng Langyu put aside his expression and started looking for bamboo shoots.

Ye Lonicera had no choice but to take the two children and follow Cheng Langyu, learning to identify where the bamboo shoots were hidden.

Cheng Langyu: "Look along the bamboo whip and pay attention to see if the soil is raised a little. If the soil is soft, it is very likely."

If it pops out, it will be easy to find. But Cheng Shao and Cheng Baoer couldn't understand the bamboo whip.

After the three of them realized that they could make a move, they grabbed the branches and pulled around.

Cheng Limin played for a while and then started to get serious. He has not forgotten about business. His wife is coming to his house on the second day of the second year of junior high school. He wants to find something good to entertain her.

Lonicera Lonicerae was surprised. Why did the second brother suddenly become reckless? All the bamboo leaves, soil and rocks above were dug up, as if they were scattered flowers.

Ye Lonicera stayed away from Cheng Limin's rear and dug hard.

Before two or three were dug, the voices of Cheng Shao and Cheng Baoer rang out again.

"Sister-in-law, there's some here!"

Ye Lonicera couldn't dig up the bamboo shoots as fast as the child, so he simply said to Cheng Langyu below: "Ms., I'll get the bamboo shoots out, how about you dig them up?"

Cheng Langyu straightened up and said, "Okay."

Ye Lingdong smiled solemnly at him and walked behind the two children.

The child's eyes were sharp and he found a lot of bamboo shoots, which he stuck on the edge with wooden sticks.

Ye Lonicera pulled the stick and scraped the surrounding bamboo leaves with a hoe.

The mud is soft and easy to dig. The hoe is scraped along the tips of the bamboo shoots, gradually revealing the round bodies of the spring bamboo shoots.

Ye Lingdong stretched out his hand and poked it. Some hairs stuck to his fingertips, and he rubbed them against the mud.

The bamboo shoots are densely spaced and have black lines on their surface. These are good bamboo shoots, they must be delicious.

Lonicera japonica digs holes quickly, and changes places as soon as it is dug.

Not long after, there were not ten but eight new mud puddles dug up by honeysuckle in the bamboo forest.

Cheng Limin was digging at the top, Cheng Langyu was digging at the bottom, and the middle piece was covered with little dolls and honeysuckle leaves.

The bamboo leaves move with the wind and the sound is clear.

It had only been more than an hour since we came out, and most of the three backpacks were filled, not counting those that had been dug out but not broken.

Ye Lonicera stood up with her waist propped up. When Cheng Langyu pointed at a spot and dug, he knew he was looking for a bamboo whip.

This method is really good. You can find three or five in one go.

Ye Lingdong ran down and followed Cheng Langyu and said, "Ms. sir, you can go back now."

She had her child with her, so she couldn't stay in the mountains for much longer.

Cheng Langyu said: "Okay."

After the group dug out the bamboo shoots from the honeysuckle leaves, two men stood up the bamboo shoots on the edge of the basket and piled them into a layer.

Ye Lingdong said hurriedly: "Don't break up, I can carry it."

"This is heavy." Cheng Langyu kept his hands on it.

Ye Lingdong said: "Okay, okay, let's go back."

Cheng Limin walked in front and strode out: "Let's go!" The two children shouted up.

Lonicera japonica was helplessly led by her husband, and her eyes could not get around the basket of sprouting bamboo shoots.

Because he came to cut bamboo, but cutting bamboo became secondary.

No, there were only two men holding a bamboo in their hands, making long grass marks in the forest.

After arriving home, Cheng Limin rushed back before dark.

Cheng Langyu waved his hand and asked him to put down the bamboo and carry the basket of bamboo shoots on his back.

Ye Lingdong smiled and said: "It seems that the second brother is interested in the second sister-in-law."

Cheng Langyu scratched his nose, his eyes full of warmth.

Ye Lonicera chuckled, turned around and hugged the man's waist. "Well, my husband cares most about me."

Not long after returning, the setting sun set.

Lonicera leaves were boiling water for washing, while Cheng Langyu was rowing bamboo strips outside. The machete followed the bamboo and shaved off the uneven branches. With a "bang" sound, the knife embedded itself in the bamboo.

Cheng Langyu grabbed both sides and pulled, and the sound of "crackling" breaking bamboos came one after another.

When Ye Lonicera boiled water and went out to call for help, the two long bamboos outside had turned into bamboo strips.

"Ms. sir, the water is ready; Brother Shao and Bao'er wash your faces."

Cheng Langyu heard the voice and moved his hands faster.

In the yard, two brothers and sisters guarded the rabbits that had been released. Cheng Baoer hurriedly carried the rabbit back to the nest, while Cheng Shao cleaned up the black beans on the ground.

The brother and sister entered the house obediently. Ye Lingdong handed the toothbrush to Cheng Shao, then mixed the water in the wooden basin and placed it on the lower shelf.

When Cheng Langyu arrived under the oil lamp, Ye Lingdong immediately went to greet him.

"Ms. sir, don't move." Ye Lingdong grabbed the man's wrist, "He's covered in bamboo shavings."

Cheng Langyu stopped obediently.

Ye Lonicera walked around the man and patted the ashes from his front and back before asking him to touch the water.