Chapter 16: Going to town

The pull on the clothes was very light, it was the two children hiding behind.

Ye Lonicera turned back and opened and closed her lips.

Cheng Shao was in tears, and there was no color on his face.

Tan Chunliu walked to the door, but found that no one was following him.

She smiled and turned around to say hello, but when she saw Du Qiuhong's two little ones, her face suddenly turned ugly.

The old lady frowned and asked, "Cheng Shao, Cheng Bao'er, do you know who Uncle Yan is?"

A boy and a girl shook their heads in unison and hid behind Ye Lonicera in fear.

Cheng Shao buzzed: "Ah... Grandma, we haven't been to the town."

Afraid that the old lady wouldn't believe it, he glanced at it and quickly retracted, sobbing softly: "Grandma doesn't like us."

"Hey."

Half . As an older child, Tan Chunliu is not in many troubles.

Seeing that they didn't seem to be cheating, she said, "Have you eaten?"

"No, Ah... Grandma." Cheng Shao had always liked Grandma, but Du Qiuhong wouldn't let them go to the ancestral house.

Cheng Baoer's pigtails were messy and her face was messed up. She sniffed and said, "Grandma, I'm hungry."

In the end, the old lady relented and took the two children with her to her ancestral home.

Cheng Langyu continued to be hungry and listened to how to solve this matter. The master

of the house

, Cheng Zhongshu, sat in the first place, beside him were the second grandfather, the third grandfather, and Li Zheng.

Cheng Zhongshu sighed and said: "Cheng Anhua lured the wolf into the house, and last year he was coaxed by the woman to go hunting and lost his life. Alas..."

It was all his own fault, Cheng Zhongshu had nothing to say.

The second grandfather stroked his beard and said seriously: "Whether Cheng Fuzhi is Cheng Anhua's son or not, I won't go into details for now. But his bad character has made the villagers complain, so we can't keep him while taking this opportunity."

Li Zheng nodded.

Li Zheng's name is Cheng Xiaoping. He is one generation younger than the second grandfather and is considered Cheng Langyu's uncle.

He made up his mind: "Then he will be expelled from the village, but beware of him coming back to do evil things." "

As for Du, according to the rules of the village, he should be dipped in a pig cage."

The third grandfather nodded solemnly in agreement.

"Uncle Yao, what do you think?" Mrs. Du is his daughter-in-law and wants to ask his family's opinion. Cheng Zhongshu was the youngest of his generation, and the Cheng family called him Yao Shu.

Cheng Zhongshu waved his hand: "This is what it should be."

"Okay, let's set the punishment time at noon tomorrow." Li Zheng was finalizing the matter. His mind turned and he stared at Cheng Zhongshu again, "You two can discuss the matter of Ayu's family." Cheng

Zhongshu rolled up his sleeves and looked at Cheng Langyu: "Ayu, since Cheng Fuzhi recognizes the man in the town as his uncle, then You, the 'only' son, should inherit the family business."

"Master, make a decision, and you will be in charge of this family from now on."

Cheng Langyu frowned: "Master!"

But the old man didn't stop and continued: " Don't build that hut over your house, it's too far away and it's hard for me to walk with my old arms and legs." The

second grandfather and the others looked at it like this, it was because Yuwazi didn't want this house.

They all advised: "Although your father is sorry for your mother, he also earned the business. You are the eldest son in the family, so you should be the head of the family." The

third grandfather is short and squat, like the statue of the Earth God in the temple.

He said, "Even if you want to go to that hut, aren't there Cheng Shao and Cheng Bao'er under Cheng Anhua?"

Third Grandpa expected that he would not accept these two dolls, but he still had to say what he needed to say.

The old couple of the Cheng family now live with their eldest son. If he raises them by himself, it is actually equivalent to letting his eldest son raise them.

His eldest son has not even gotten married yet, so who would want two more little ones?

Third Grandpa made a face: It's him, and he doesn't want to either!

But the elders of the tribe don't just think about the affairs of the clan. Looking at the overall situation, it makes more sense for Ayu to come.

"If you raise her, wouldn't it be easier to raise her with Cheng Anhua's property than by earning your own money?"

Cheng Langyu lowered his eyes and said nothing.

He just wanted to raise a husband, not Du Qiuhong's children.

Cheng Zhongshu sighed heavily.

It's all Cheng Anhua's fault!

"Ayu, I won't force you to raise the two little ones, but you should be the head of the family."

Several old people did not expect that the Du family's affairs would be easy to solve, but Yuwazi inherited the family business and quit.

According to established tradition, the eldest son inherits the family, gets the bulk of the property, and supports his parents.

But the parents are away and the sisters are young. Since the eldest brother is like a father, Cheng Anhua's two children should be raised by Cheng Langyu.

But here is the contradiction. There is a lot of resentment between the brothers and sisters, and there is still a life between them. How can the eldest brother be willing to support this sister?

Disaster! It's rare for a person like Third Grandpa who doesn't like to think too much to think that a few more hairs have fallen out.

Cheng Langyu remained silent, his face extremely cold.

The second grandpa and the third grandpa can't do anything to him.

You said that if the two children were older, it would be okay to divide the money. But the younger ones are two and five years old, and they are both at an age where adults need to take care of them.

The old men couldn't force them, so they simply waited for Cheng Zhongshu to make up his mind.

Cheng Zhongshu took a puff from the cigarette holder, only to find that there was no cigarette left.

He put the pipe on the table and advised: "Cheng Anhua can't live up to your mother, and it's because my grandfather didn't teach her well. Just treat it as compensation for your work, okay?"

Cheng Zhongshu usually looks like a patriarch, so it's rare for him to be here Cut your heart in front of others. "You still have Brother Dong. If you have more things to squeeze on your hands, Brother Dong will be better off." "

If you don't want to raise those two children, how about you find another way?"

"Ayu... forget it. Grandpa..."

Cheng Langyu interrupted him with a slight frown.

Under the gaze of several elders, Cheng Langyu finally said: "Ask Brother Dong, but grandpa, my house still needs to be built." He didn't want grandpa to be

humble, he just thought in his heart There is a hurdle.

This problem has been in my heart for so many years, and it cannot be easily removed. But after saying these words, the rock in his heart loosened, and the mountain that had been weighing him down for a long time gradually tilted.

He repeated: "Brother Dong just agrees."

Cheng Zhongshu felt distressed and relieved at the same time.

His old eyes were filled with tears.

He didn't want his grandson to chain himself to hatred all the time. In his opinion, Cheng Anhua was gone, and no matter how much he resented the past, it would only make his life difficult.

For most of his life, he used to hate his younger son. Thousands of favors were given to him, but a guy came out who had defiled the lintel.

But as I get older, I start to look away.

Human life is short, and most of it lasts in the blink of an eye.

With so much sorrow and resentment in my heart, it's not fun to live no matter how hard I live.

He just wanted his grandson and Mr. Sun to be well and live a good life. I don't want to waste my life in this world.

He put away his sighs and hid his wisdom in his eyes. He said sonorously: "Okay, I will arrange a house for you today. You can ask Brother Dong."

It only took two-quarters of an hour to finish the discussion.

Du Qiuhong and the others were temporarily locked in the woodshed, while the others dispersed one after another.

After Cheng Langyu asked Du Qiuhong where his mother's things were, he took them out and put them on himself. After that, he stopped caring about those two people and went home with Cheng Zhongshu.

He also wants to take Brother Dong to the town with him.

When he arrived at his ancestral home, he was greeted by Tan Chunliu and had breakfast. Immediately afterwards, the two young men followed the old lady to the town to buy things.

It takes an hour to walk from Shanghua Village to the town.

Cheng Langyu simply rented a bullock cart on the village road and walked to the town.

It takes nearly half an hour to travel by bullock cart than by people.

When they arrived at Guliang Town, Ye Lingdong's eyes were full of curiosity.

Although Guliang Town and Raoguan Town are close to each other, the main road in the town is obviously larger and flatter than that in Raoguan Town.

The environment is also lively.

The streets were busy with traffic. There were sellers carrying burdens, people carrying baskets buying vegetables, and people like them riding bullock carts to go to the market.

There were not many young guys and girls, but some of them followed the man closely, observing the surroundings curiously.

The stall owners' eyes lit up and they shouted loudly.

Some guys and girls saw that they liked it, so they tugged on the clothes of the men next to them. If you care about people, you will buy it immediately.

There are also men who grab people and avoid stalls selling gadgets.

Ye Lonicera was fascinated.

He smiled and thought, if he asked Ayu to buy it, Ayu would definitely buy it.

But Cheng Langyu didn't have any money, so he still paid six cents for the car with Grandma's money.

Cheng Langyu grabbed Ye Lonicera and went to the medical center first.

Tan Chunliu first bought some things for home use.

There are three medical clinics in the town, one of which specializes in medical treatment but does not sell medicine. The family is homeschooled and runs a small business. There is also a branch opened in the county. A doctor was hired, but he mainly sold medicinal herbs.

Cheng Langyu escorted people through the dense crowd and came to a slightly deserted street.

Ye Rendong followed the people and stopped at the door of a shop, stared at the big words on the door lintel, and whispered: "Danggui Medical Center?"

Cheng Langyu touched his head and said like a child: "Well, husband is right. ."

Ye Lingdong was embarrassed to let him hear, and dodged shyly.

Cheng Langyu led him and knocked on the small square table next to the door: "Brother, I'm looking for Dr. Lu."

The medicine boy was busy writing. Hearing this, he put down his pen and said: "Doctor Lu is consulting... Hey! You Not the one who came in lying down last time...that one..."

"Cheng Langyu."

The medicine boy was only fifteen years old. He asked Cheng Langyu to sit down neatly: "Yes, yes, yes."

"I'm here to see the master, right? Please wait a moment, the master is still treating the doctor."

The medicine boy has a baby face and a happy face. Seeing Cheng Langyu holding Ye Lonicera, he immediately touched his palm and said, "This must be your honorable husband. Now that it's over, your family will have a good life in the future." As the saying goes, if you

survive a catastrophe, you will be blessed later in life.

On such a rainy day last time, the door of his drug store was knocked open by a man as strong as a bear. He thought it was a robbery, but who knew they were sending patients here.

How can anyone open the door to see a doctor?

However, the master was still calm and treated him immediately.

But although this man's wound was treated in time, it was too serious. The only reason he could survive here was because of his pleading spirit.

The master quickly cut off the rotten flesh and changed dressings for the bruises.

I wanted to let people try in the store to see if they could make a living. But the savage man refused and entrusted the master with the money.

It is said that if this person does not come to collect it within half a month, he will give the money to Mr. Cheng Zhongshu in Shanghua Village.

The master had no choice but to take out the best medicine and stuff it into the man's bed, hoping that his family would take good care of him and that even if he died, he would die more comfortably.

The little medicine boy shook his head, wondering what he was thinking at that time.

Yes, he thought at the time, this person would probably not be able to come.

After all, such a big wound is bound to cause high fever. These days, there are many people who become stupid or die because the high fever cannot be lowered.

As time went by, the sadness in his heart faded away, waiting for the master to ask him to run errands and send money.

Unexpectedly, I saw someone today.

The little medicine boy just sighed, life is really hard.

He admired it from the bottom of his heart.

After greeting the two of them warmly, the medicine boy sat at the table by the door again, collecting his thoughts and writing quietly.

No one was looking, so Ye Lingdong held Cheng Langyu's hand tightly and looked at the shop.