Chapter 05 Storing Food

The iron pot is an important property of the family, and the large iron pot used for cooking costs one penny.

He only had six pennies and couldn't afford it. But if you can find a suitable stone pot, you can use it.

Ye Lonicera grabbed the clay pot and pushed away the mugwort stalks. Carefully descend the slippery steps to the river beach.

The river beach is very wide, and except for the turbulent part in the middle, the rest is a trickle. Countless large and small rocks are exposed on the river beach, and weeds grow in the gaps.

Honeysuckle avoids sharp stones and tries to step on flat spots. Clear eyes scanned the river beach, squatting down to move stones away from time to time.

I guess no one has been here before. Every time I move away, there are always one or two living things.

The honeysuckle leaves are not wasted either, and they are thrown into washed jars as soon as they are caught.

His face was relaxed, and his whole person exuded an air of lightness, like the breeze in the mountains, gentle and soft.

After catching some, he stopped temporarily.

The man in the house can't eat crabs with him. He has to concentrate on finding useful stones to make soup for him.

In the clay pot, the crab's feet made a rustling sound, and Ye Lingdong simply put the pot down.

The wooden stick was pulled in a circle, and he stood upright on the wide river beach, like a white crane in the water.

My eyes were focused on the stones covering the entire river beach. Some are oval, some are flat, and some are slightly washed out and sunken.

But it's too shallow and can't even hold half a bowl of water. If you pick it up and take it back, it will definitely take a lot of effort to polish it.

It's not that polishing a pot won't work, but I don't know whether to polish the pot first or whether the person should go to the Yama Hall to eat first.

Ye Lonicera was amused by her own thoughts. She took out two more pear dimples and searched for stones with a stick.

After a few quarters of an hour, he found several eels and loaches, but there was no trace of the stone pot.

He was crestfallen, and his hair was sticking to his back. I looked down and saw a nest of fish in the puddle in front of me.

The fish swims leisurely through the water plants, treating him as nothing.

Ye Lingdong felt that even the fish thought he was stupid.

He angrily struck the stick forward with the intention of catching the fish.

The stick sank into the mud, and he moved it as he moved.

Before his back foot could even land, the stick suddenly got stuck and he stumbled.

The wooden stick fell from my hand and hit the small hole with a bang.

The fish scattered in all directions instantly, raising white flowers.

Seeing that his face was about to hit the ground, Ye Lonicera was afraid to close his eyes, put his hands down, and threw it hard on the weeds.

The soles of his feet turned over, and an inaudible cry of pain escaped from his mouth: "Oh, I've rubbed it again."

The stinging pain came in waves, and Ye Lonicera was half-supported to adapt. Then he put his elbows on the grass, arched his back like a bridge, and stood up with difficulty.

The palm of the hand was pinched by the stone, leaving fine red marks. The calluses on the palms of my hands were almost punctured.

He wiped the moisture from the corners of his eyes with his sleeves, then simply sat on the weeds and looked at the culprit: a half-sized stone, about the same size as the clay pot beside him.

I happened to be looking for a stone pot, and I looked at one stone and two stones.

Ye Lonicera "ignored the past grievances", cleared away the weeds, and dug out half of the stones exposed in the mud.

"Huh?" His eyes lit up.

Grab rocks and throw them into the puddle to stir.

Silt muddied the puddles, revealing deeply grooved stones.

Ye Lonicera saw the whole picture clearly.

"Pot!"

Joy is like sweet honey, overflowing throughout the body. His eyebrows were crooked and he smiled like a child.

"Found it! Found it!"

Ye Lingdong hugged the stone and giggled: "It's time to make soup."

After looking for something for half a morning, he was so fresh that he grabbed the stone pot and touched it like a treasure.

After touching enough, I grabbed a few more weeds and wiped every corner of the stone.

While washing and watching, he opened his hands and gestured on the grooves.

Although it looks a little crooked, it can hold as much water as two broken bowls, which is enough.

Ye Lonicera's dull hair was tied neatly behind her head, revealing her smooth forehead. The not-so-delicate skin looked rosy in the sunlight.

Pure excitement.

His palm brushed through the puddle and suddenly touched something slippery.

He was shocked to realize that no fish had been caught in the pit.

"Wait until I finish washing." Ye Lingdong suddenly smiled, and the red dot between his eyebrows was as bright as the peach petals in May.

As he spoke, he turned the stone upside down, poured out the water, and scrubbed again in a clean place.

After several times, he turned back to catch fish.

Underneath the clay pot are crabs, separated from eels and loaches by weeds. The fish is waiting to be placed on the outside.

The sleeves of honeysuckle are tied high, and the white hands are stirring in the brown muddy water.

As long as it touches his hand, nothing can escape his grasp.

There were five or six small crucian carp as big as half a palm in the small puddle alone.

He carefully stuffed it into the jar and blocked it with a layer of grass.

After searching, he took the jar back first. Eels, loaches and fish are first put into rotten water tanks to raise. Then he returned to the river beach and took back the stone pot filled with water.

With no time to rest, he turned around and entered the house.

He put his hand close to the tip of the man's nose to test it. He still had breath, but his body was hot again.

Ye Lingdong could only grab the handkerchief and continue to help him wipe it.

He didn't know if the man could survive, but he knew that having a fever was uncomfortable.

In the past, he would get confused and want to vomit when he had a fever, but no one would help him, and he always got through it. But Aunt Bai would also say that he just wanted to be lazy.

Ye Lingdong shook his head, throwing away that fierce face.

He could only help this man change his dressing to cool him down.

Because just the knife in the stomach was the most serious injury he had ever seen. The last thing was when Bai Fu entered the house of someone else while drinking, and was bitten off a piece of meat by the big black guy next door.

So he had no idea whether he could survive.

After finishing the work, the sun was shining.

He pinched his sore waist, grabbed a few dates to fill his stomach, and hurried to the yard again.

Looking around, he used the stones and mud scattered in the yard to build a small stove in an open leeward place far away from the house.

Making sure that the small stove was stable, Ye Lingdong took some dry firewood from his house and piled it aside.

He first used a wooden stick to pound on the ground to break up the soil under the stove hole and leave a large space.

After confirming that the stone pot was stable, Ye Lonicera placed the specially selected wooden stick on the dry ground.

Without flint, we had to drill wood to make fire.

Thatch is flammable and is piled shallowly beside the sticks. Lonicera leaf's calloused hands rubbed the thin wooden stick with some sharp edges.

If he had enough time, he could go to the mountains to get some pitch pine.

Ye Lingdong moved his hands mechanically, thinking about the food behind the pot, and smiled unconsciously.

A quarter of an hour later, the thatch beside the log burst into flames.

Ye Lonicera skillfully made the fire bigger and stuffed it into the stove.

The tongue of fire licked the firewood, burning brighter. Ye Lonicera stuffed some thin wooden sticks in.

The stone pot had to be boiled with water before use, and he also had time to handle the fish.

The smoke from the cooking pots is curling up into the sky from the hut. At the foot of Yunshan Mountain, which had been silent for many years, fireworks came again.

Honeysuckle is killing fish and wiping the bodies of people in the house.

By the time the fish was put into the pot, the sun was already setting in the west.

Although the fish soup does not have any condiments, the Yunshui River is originally a mountain spring. The things raised have a refreshing fragrance, and the muddy smell is not strong.

Ye Lonicera used the broken bowl of boiling water to scoop up the small end and entered the house.

The man in the room frowned, but the heat on his body dropped a little after Ye Lonicera wiped it away. His lips were peeling and his face was pale. A large amount of sweat slid down his wheat-colored skin and seeped into the hay beneath him.

After Ye Lingdong put the broken bowl away to make sure it wouldn't fall over, he took off his shoes and got on the board, half-hugging the man's body in the crook of his hand.

My hand accidentally brushed the man's lips. They were dry, indicating lack of water.

Ye Lonicera tested the temperature of the soup first, and when it was almost ready, she put it to the man's mouth.

The bowl tilted, and the fish soup stuck to the man's lips. But he didn't open his mouth.

Ye Lingdong frowned, used the rim of the bowl to push away the man's lips, and poured a little fish soup.

Keren was unconscious, and a lot of it spilled along the corners of his mouth.

After staying up for so long, we can't let it go to waste!

Seeing that the person still didn't move, Ye Lingdong said anxiously in the person's ear: "Drink the fish soup, it won't be better if you don't drink it." The voice was like a whisper, inaudible, but the pitiful tone made people's hearts tighten. .

But Cheng Langyu couldn't hear it.

Cheng Langyu only felt that he was in a dream, and his whole body was not in control. At this moment, looking at the fiery sea of ​​flowers in front of me, I was pushed forward by a force.

As for himself, the wounds all over his body were open and bleeding continuously. Red blood dropped to the ground and beautiful flowers bloomed.

Cheng Langyu felt that he could no longer step forward, his veins were exposed, and he resisted desperately.

Ye Lingdong was holding the bowl, his mind wandering.

Take it all off!

Ye Lonicera held back her breath, opened her mouth and took a small sip.

Then, he pinched the man's chin and opened his mouth slightly. He closed his eyes tightly and lowered his lips like a jabber.

The soft lips touched, Ye Lingdong heard a roar in his head, and his whole body felt hotter than a man's.

But he didn't let go of his hand. Instead, his other hand gently pressed against the man's throat and slid down.

I thought in my mind: "Drink, swallow it quickly."

I don't know if the prayer had an effect, but the Adam's apple in the palm of my hand moved slightly.

Lonicera japonica opened its eyes in excitement.

The almond-shaped eyes are round and dull.

Surprises came like a flood, and Ye Lingdong let go of the man's lips. make persistent efforts.

After half a bowl of soup, the Adam's apple under the palm of my hand became smoother and smoother.

The smile on Ye Lonicera's lips never stopped.

In the end, not a drop of fish soup was left.

Ye Lingdong pressed her chin against the man's forehead and gasped for air. He actually almost swallowed the fish soup several times.

He carefully put the person down, tucked the quilt in, and soon brought in half a bowl.

This bowl is a bit lame. Half a bowl only contains a few mouthfuls, which is definitely not enough for such a big man.

After feeding according to the previous steps, Lonicera japonica was overjoyed.

He touched the man's long hair just like he used to touch rhubarb. "Be good."

Ye Lingdong went out quickly and ate all the remaining fish meat at the bottom of the pot in one go.

This is the first hot meal I've had since coming out. It's better than the leftovers eaten at Aunt Bai's house.

In early winter, the warm fish soup goes down the stomach and dispels the coldness in the whole body.

Ye Lonicera touched her belly and sighed, then added more firewood to the fire beside it.

I sat by the fire and watched for a while. His expression moved slightly, and he grabbed the stick and went out again.

It seems that no one has lived around the thatched area for a long time, and slender trees are everywhere. There are dry ones, and there are also twigs with a few leaves hanging on them.

The honeysuckle leaves are specially found to be strong, and they are picked up by the armpits, pulled back and piled next to the fire.

He grabbed the thatch and twisted it alternately into slender straw ropes. Then tie two tripods with straw ropes and stand them next to the fire.

Ye Lonicera pushed down the wooden frame. "It shouldn't fall down."

He muttered silently, took off the clothes from the haystack in the room, spread them out and hung them on the rack to bake.

The man's set of clothes, as well as his own clothes that got wet yesterday, filled the shelves.

The man's thick coat was next to the unlined garment, and Ye Lingdong avoided it with a hot face.

After adding some firewood to the fire, Ye Lonicera continued to work.

I'm afraid it will rain at any time and I won't have enough to eat.

Honeysuckle picked up the fallen dates from the ground. It was stained with some mud, so he packed it in a jar and went down to the river beach to wash it.

In addition to dates, he also wanted to save some that could be preserved. Crabs and shrimps from the river can be made into dried food. Fish and loaches can also be kept and left for people in the house to make soup.

Lonicera japonica washed the dates in a few times, found some clean leaves and spread them on the haystack in the house to put the dates.

The pile of blown dates weighed about three or four kilograms and filled the jar.

Taking advantage of the opportunity to spread the dates, Lonicera japonica walked around the haystack and put her palms against the man's forehead.

He breathed a sigh of relief: "Fortunately, it didn't start burning again."

Feeling more relieved, he grabbed the jar and went down to the river beach again.