LX. Forgotten

*°*°*°*°*

*°*°*°*°*

FORGOTTEN were all thoughts about a possible marriage pact between Alicent's second son and Daemon's firstborn daughter when the Rogue Prince learned about what cruelty took place in Driftmark the night of Laena Velaryon's funeral.

"Where is she?!" Daemon's chesty voice roared through the throne room as soon as the doors opened for him and his wife.

"Kepa!" Aunora cried out, relief flooding her now that her parents were here. She stood next to Erryk whose hand was on her shoulder. Daelion was with them as well, standing close to Baela, Rhaena, Corlys and Rhaenys.

Meria was crouching in front of her daughter in an instant, having spotted the bandage around her tiny right hand already.

"Oh, sweetheart, let me see." Aunora's gaze was on her father who stood seething behind Meria while her mother carefully unwrapped the blood-soaked bandage. A slash was in the middle of her palm, a few stitches visible. It looked as if she tried to grab a sword on the wrong end and did not let go.

"Who did this? Tell me now!" Daemon shouted again, demanding answers from all the bystanders. His furious glare drifted through the room, inspecting Otto who leaned against the wall as if he didn't intend to take part in whatever this would turn into at all, Viserys who looked at his brother with pleading eyes and ultimately Alicent who returned his look with just as much anger.

"Daelion, are you alright?" Meria asked her son who stood closely behind Aunora, flinching at their father's loud voice.

"I have nothing, mother."

"Someone explain this to me now!"

Viserys took some steps into Daemon's direction. "Brother, please calm yourself."

"Calm myself? Someone maimed my daughter!"

"That's a scratch in comparison to what they did to my son!" Alicent spoke up, her voice not much quieter than Daemon's. They glared at each other.

"It was Aemond's fault."

"Daelion!" Aunora chastised her younger brother who had spoken up all of a sudden. She was not the only child looking at him in surprise. Daelion always seemed to be the last one to speak up in such a situation.

His accusation ignited a fire of shouting and yelling between Rhaenyra's children, Baela, Rhaena, Aunora and Aemond.

"He claimed Vhagar!" It was Baela who shouted the loudest. "But he had no right. She was our mother's!"

"Your mother's dead!"

"She should be mine now!" That was Rhaena who had tears running all over her face. She looked heartbroken while her sister seemed to be at the verge of exploding. No doubt, if Rhaenys hadn't kept her so close to herself she would have attacked the King's son again without remorse.