XX. Trapped in her white wedding dress

*°*°*°*°*

*°*°*°*°*

110 AC 

TRAPPED IN HER WHITE WEDDING DRESS. It was true that that was how she felt. Imprisoned. She looked into the mirror in fron if her while the handmaids were working on the dress. She couldn't recognize herself in the mirror, her blonde hair in a tight bun, her face so flawless because they've covered her bruise and the red spots from her tears that morning. It was hard for her to breath and she often fumbled with the corset of her dress, trying to catch more air. But on the other hand, the thought of passing out was not that unattractive. However, when she heard the door, she let go of that thought and turned around to face Erryk, who held a plate in his hand.

"I brought what you craved, mylady." He said with a small smile and Meria sighed out in relief. Quickly shooing the maids away with her hands, she stepped down from the little stool she was standing on and approached Erryk and – more importantly – the cakelets.

"Thank you, it's just what I needed. We take a break by the way!" She announced to the other people in the room, who quickly nodded. It was not the first time today that Erryk came in and asked how she was. Due to the preparations for the great wedding tomorrow, everyone was pretty occupied and no one important took notice of him anyways.

"There's something I'd like to talk to you about." He spoke up and Meria furrowed her brows, while swallowing a piece of raspberry cakelet.

"What is the matter?"

"You told me about that play you saw in the city."

"What about that?"

"I have heard that the actors were brutally murdered last night."

Her eyes widened and she put the plate onto the table. "All of them?"

"No exception. It was massacre, very bloody, I heard. They are looking for the killer but it's very unlikely that he will be found because he seems to be incredibly skilled."

Meria couldn't meet his eyes, for she knew how he looked at her right now. Both of them knew very well who could have been so skilled and brutal to do something like that. Someone who might held harted against those actors.

"Very unfortunate." She whispered while tracing her fingers absentmindedly over the wood of the table in front of her. It was not pity that she felt for those people, nor was it joy that they were dead now. Alright, maybe a little bit of joy. But what they did and said in their play was nothing but the truth – except for some weird assumptions concerning – but all they did was speaking freely.

"I just wanted you to know." Erryk told her, whereupon Meria nodded slightly. She was aware that he felt guilty for putting certain doubts and fears inside her head by asking her about Daemon's true intentions some while ago and he still felt extremely guilty because he couldn't protect her the way he promised to. Meria didn't blame him for any of it, which she told him multiple times by now, but he still wanted to do make it up to her. And maybe, he thought, there was a possibility that he was wrong to doubt Daemon's intentions. Why would he murder those people, obviously punishing them for what they said about Meria, when he didn't care about her? Perhaps Erryk misjudged him and Meria did so as well. What he knew for certain was that he hated to see Meria in pain like this, mooning after the prince.