XLVI. She was so confused

*°*°*°*°*

*°*°*°*°*

King's Landing

SHE WAS SO CONFUSED as of why her father had summoned her at this seemingly random day. Although they would usually spend at least a few days of the week together, either eating together or going for a walk – the latter didn't happen very often though – Rhaenyra was surprised when she walked through the hallways of the Red Keep, glancing confused at the maids obviously preparing something, until she reached her father's study.

"Father? What is happening? Are they preparing a feast?"

Viserys, supporting himself on his cane, looked at his daughter coming in in a usual red and black dress, her hands clasped in front of her body, and started to smile.

"There is a reason for their preparations." He stood in front of her, exhaling a few times before meeting her expecting eyes which were so similar to his late wife's eyes. Rhaenyra had matured these last years and now she was looking so much like Aemma, it sometimes haunted him. The King wondered whether Meria had changed much over all those years as well. Did she also look like her mother?

"Our family is going to be reunited."

"Reunited? What do you mean?" Confusion was plastered over her face.

"Daemon." One name. Rhaenyra's eyed widened. Never would she have assumed to hear his name. Maybe Alicent was pregnant again or something, but she didn't expect to hear her uncle's name – at all.

"Daemon?"

"He is returning and he brings your sister."

Now, she was even more taken aback. "He's found her?"

"He did, but that's only part of the news. He wrote me a letter. They will be accompanied by their children as well."

If it was possible, Rhaenyra's eyes grew even wider and her mouth fell open.

"Meria and Daemon...?" It's been years since she's had spoken her sister's name and she couldn't believe herself that she did it now. As this seemingly random day of the week a feeling rushed through her veins she hadn't felt in so long. Excitement. Anticipation. Love.

"What did he say about them? What are their names?"

"Not much. He only mentioned them wanting us to meet the new little members of our Targaryen family." A smile spread on her face, mirroring his.

"That is wonderful news, father. When will they arrive?"

"In a few days. They come from Pentos."

"Pentos. Of course, they were there. She has told me once about her dreams of going there." She smiled to herself thinking about her favorite memories of her and her sister. It's been way too long since she thought back about them with a smile.