XLVII. Aunora was gone

*°*°*°*°*

*°*°*°*°*

King's Landing 

AUNORA WAS GONE. It didn't exactly surprise her parents but Meria worried, nonetheless. Although she knew that Aunora was able to look out for herself, she was still a little girl in an environment she had never been in before with people around who didn't know her.

Daemon tried to reassure her, claiming he had full confidence in his little dragon princess to find her way back to them once she was tired of exploring, but Meria was able to see behind that façade. She knew he was also concerned – at least a little bit. But she would never reveal that in front of all the people surrounding them.

Viserys had apologized to them for not being able to prepare a feast in time, but Meria and Daemon had reassured him that it was fine and they were exhausted from their journeys anyways. But there was still a little buffet and music arranged in the throne room for them and some people gathered together.

While she assumed she should have went around and maybe talked to Rhaenyra, all Meria did was staying by Daemon's side, holding onto his arm.

Then, suddenly the doors opened again and Meria let out a sigh of relief as she saw her eldest daughter running towards them, a smile on her face.

"Nora, where have you been?" She asked her as the girl stood in front of her, her arms clasped behind her back, an innocent expression adorning her face.

"I asked the king for permission." Aunora explained smugly. Daemon looked at his brother with a serious face.

"She asked if she was allowed to roam freely inside the castle. I didn't assume she would do it right that moment." Viserys defended himself and Daemon sighed before looking back down at his daughter.

"Aunora, next time you decide to wander off you will inform us beforehand, understood?"

"Yes, kepa. But look, I met Aemond on my tour." Aunora gestured to the silver-haired boy behind her, who now looked at the adults with big, unsure eyes.

"You...are Aemond?" Meria spoke first, looking from the boy to Viserys and then back. He nodded slowly. It was amazing. Of course, he had grown – it's been a decade – but to see the evidence of that directly in front of your eyes was a different story.

"Wow..." She breathed and saw Aemond's eyes darting around nervously. "I apologize but the last time I've seen you, you fitted in my arms."

"Oh, w-well I'm sorry."

"Sorry for what?"

He looked around again, gulping. "For growing?" It sounded more like a question. But before any of the adults could say anything, a quiet giggle was heard.