XIV. Tingly anticipation

hey, just wanted to say that I only put those pictures here to have some visuals, but you can always imagine stuff like dresses or so on your own, of course.
enjoy the chapter!

*°*°*°*°*

*°*°*°*°*

110 AC

TINGLY ANTICIPATION. That was what Meria felt around an hour later when was on her way to the dining hall. She was dressed in a long black dress, but special about it were the cuttings on her sides, allowing a deep sight of her waist, and a very deep, triangular neckline that reached down to her navel. It was provocative and indecent, she knew. She wanted it like that.

She wanted another reaction from a certain someone.

She was late when she entered the dining hall and all eyes were on her. At the table in the middle of the room was the royal family seated. King Viserys in the middle, next to him his wife Alicent with her father at the head of the table. Opposite of him was Daemon and with one seat in between, Rhaenyra, across from her father.

"Meria! What a pleasant surprise." Viserys said loudly and was the first to stand up. He smiled brightly, truly happy that she was there.

"Quick, bring another place setting." He ordered one of the servants who quickly obliged.

"Thank you, your Grace." She wondered if Daemon saved the place on his left side for her on purpose. Probably.

"Your dress is stunning, Meria." Rhaenyra said while she sat down, not once looking at Daemon, but feeling his eyes on her, especially on the revealed parts.

"Thank you. It's actually an old one, but I managed to enhance it a bit."

"A very dull color, is it not? Women should wear black only in times of grief." Otto said in a rigorous tone.

"There's always something to grieve, Otto." She smiled hypocritically and Otto glared at her and her disrespectful way of speaking to him without using his title.

As if Viserys didn't feel the tension in the room at all, he smiled at his family and gestured to the food.

"Shall we?"

They began to eat and Meria dared to glance over to Daemon next to her. Their eyes met and he grinned while taking a sip of his wine. It took her a lot of effort not to smile like a lovestoned madwoman.

"When Tyland Lannister comes in two weeks in the company of his family, it would certainly be more decent to wear something brighter. That would be my advice." She frowned at the mention of that prick.

"I am beyond grateful for your advice, Otto. I always knew you had a marked passion for dresses."

Next to her, a chuckle was heard and this time, Otto angrily glared at Meria and Daemon.