LI. Jealousy

*°*°*°*°*

*°*°*°*°*

JEALOUSY was still an issue in Meria's and Daemon's relationship. Although married and permanently confessing their love for each other either in words or through physical touch, both had their problems with seeing the other being close to another person, no matter if male or female. There were some exceptions. For instance, Dameon knew that Meria and Laena didn't have such desires. He wasn't so sure about Rhaenyra because he still remembered how desperate and impulsive she had been years ago. He also tried to find as many reasons to dislike her as possible.

Since they didn't spend as much time together than they did before in Pentos simple situations would often end in arguments. Without doubt, Daemon wasn't surprised that when he told his wife of his plans for tonight it would be like that as well.

"Old friends?" She asked with raised brows.

"As I said."

"Your evenings with them usually tend to end with your cocks buried in common whores or drained in blood or both!"

"You are a hypocrite; do you know that?" He only muttered the words, but Meria heard them damn well.

"Excuse me?"

"As if you don't know what I am referring to. It's standing right in front of this door!" He spoke up. Meria's eyes involuntarily drifted to the door and when she realized what he was talking about - again – she couldn't help but laugh.

"Erryk? Really? Again?"

"See. You accuse me of being unfaithful all the time while you are the one spending her days with another man!"

"He is a friend!"

"And I said I'd go out with friends!" He retorted quickly. "If you want me to trust you then I possess the right of demanding the same trust from you, Meria." Something in the way he talked or stared at her angrily, made her realize that she was in fact always the one to immediately assume the worst of him. He had never made any attempt of cheating, but she always made a scene anyways. Perhaps it was her insecurities, the deeply rooted fear that he would eventually realize that there were other women more intelligent, more beautiful, more like him.

Meria looked bashfully at the ground, her hands fidgeting with the hem of her too long sleeves.

"I don't know what to do to make you see it, Ria." Daemon knew his wife. He knew what her tiniest moves or changes in expression meant. He approached her and put a finger under her chin to raise it and make her look at him. He didn't mean to fight. Sometimes it was fun and he provoked her, tickled certain reactions out of her, but this was not the moment for that.

"There are many marriages, probably most of them, in which the husband's desire for his wife declines, especially after she has given birth." The little sparkle of fear in her blue eyes didn't go unnoticed by him and it told him that this was something she had thought about before, probably racking her brain if it was true. He shook his head.