XII. Rose petals

hope you like the chapter 😏

*°*°*°*°*

*°*°*°*°*

ROSE PETALS were swimming beside her. Finally, Meria was finished with Alicent and her discussion about the dress and other wedding stuff on the next day. As a reward Meria granted herself a long, hot bath to relax. She had sent all maids away after they had lighted dozens of candles on the ground and filled in a steamy bath and some rose petals into it.

She completeley lost track of time and almost fell asleep multiple times, but then, all of a sudden, she heard an odd sound. Opening her eyes again, she sat up a bit and looked around, not sure whether she was imagining it or not. Then she heard it again. It sounded a bit like a scratch.

"Hello?"

Dying in the bathtub. Would be pathetic. But she was easy prey right now, her dagger nowhere around. Everyone who entered and was fast enough, could kill her easily.

The thought, wherever this fear came from, made her get out of the tub. Quickly, she longed for a white cloak which was rather thin, but did his job in drying her and covering the most important parts at least. While putting it on, she heard it again. A sound. Only this time it were steps.

She turned around only to see Daemon standing a few meters away from her.

"Daemon!" She yelled, terrified and shaken. She put her hand over her cheast in order to soothe her pumping heart. "What the fuck?! Did you watch me?!"

"I was looking for you."

She looked at him in utter disbelief and pulled her cloak tighter in order to cover more of her naked, wet body.

But the fabric didn't leave much room for his imagination and his gaze was captivated by the sight of her delicate body. She was not a little girl anymore, that for sure. Her feminine curves were visible under the cloak, her long legs came to light because it reached no longer than to the middle of her thighs. It was unseeming to view a lady like that, a lady who wasn't married, Daemon knew. But he couldn't look away noticing the water drops still trickling down her skin. She shivered.

"Don't worry, Princess. There's nothing I haven't seen before."

Those words escaped his mouth quite differently to what he truly thought. But he had already found out before that he couldn't think straight in Meria's presence. Those feelings he had for here, the intensity of them, were new to him. His first instinct had been to push them away which lead to him ignoring her years ago. Perhaps his mind still tried to push her away by saying cruel things.