LVIII. Wedding, wedding, wedding.

*°*°*°*°*

*°*°*°*°*

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

*°*°*°*°*

121 AC – Dragonstone
– One month later

WEDDING, WEDDING, WEDDING. It seemed to be the only thing their children – mostly Vaena and Viserion - could talk about. For days now!

Since Daemon came back with the news of Aegon and Helaena's betrothal they didn't stop. It was shocking to them how Aegon and Helaena – siblings! – would marry each other. Neither Meria nor Daemon even tried to explain them the Targaryen family tree and their customs. Not now, they said. They still had time before they would need to think about that.

It was late evening. They had already eaten supper and their children were in bed – officially. They knew that sometimes they sneaked out of their rooms to visit each other but the guards in Dragonstone knew to keep an eye on them. Sadly, Erryk did not come with them to Dragonstone but Meria and him sent letters now and then.

"Mhm, I love the beach." Meria sighed while bringing her and Daemon to a halt to inhale the salty air. The moon shined upon them and the sea. A million stars were visible on the night sky.

Those nightly walks have become some kind of ritual whenever they haven't seen each other for a while or whenever they've been too occupied with something. One of them then said that they needed to go for a walk, sometimes they talked and sometimes they didn't, but afterwards they always felt much better. 

Daemon was not able to look over the sea like she did. Not while his beautiful wife stood next to him. Her skin shimmered in the light. Her chest moved up and down, her deep cleavage gaining Daemon's attention for a moment too long.

"Daor gaomagon aōha laesi hen nyke?" (Can't keep your eyes off me?)

She looked at him from the side and saw him smirk. Then, he pulled her towards him with their interlaced hands and put his other hand on the side of her neck.

"Dōrī." (Never.)

His intense gaze sent shivers down her spine. She wanted nothing more than to stand up on her toes and kiss him, love him on this beach and never let him go again. But they were here for a reason – to talk.

Although it was hard, she put some distance between them again and pulled him with her to continue their walk.

"Tell me what happened in King's Landing, Daemon. Other than the betrothal. There is something, I can feel it."

Daemon kept his eyes forward, not answering for a moment. "Something occurred between Rhaenyra's children, Viserys' children and Aunora."

"Tell me." She urged.

"Apparently, the boys have gifted Aemond a pig with wings attached to it, called it the Pink Dread and laughed at him."

Meria's mouth stood open for a moment, her mind working on what she had just learned. Aemond's dragon egg never hatched, just like Aunora's, and everyone knew that it was eating them up. But to even twist the knife in the wound was just...vicious.