II. Another man fell...

Just wanted to let you know that I don't have a schedule for uploading chapters because I wouldn't stick to it anyways ;-)

But I love this story too much to abandon it so be sure that new chapters will always come eventually!!

*°*°*°*°*

*°*°*°*°*

ANOTHER MAN FELL from his horse and the crowd erupted in a mixture of cheering and cursing. Meria noticed how the people watching the tournament on the tribunes are exchanging coins for their bets.

"Where were you?" Rhaenyra asked her. Meria sat down on her left side and answered without hesitation.

"With mother."

"So you were with her when she went into labour?"

"She what?!" Meria hissed and looked at the Princess with big eyes. The latter smiled proudly.

"So you were not with mother then." Rhaenyra grinned as if she knew exactly where Meria had been and the older girl couldn't help but blush at the thought that she visited Daemon in his tent.

"I'll pay her a visit now."

Before she could stand up Rhaneyra put her hand over her sister's. The crowd sheered and a man announced something loudly but Meria didn't hear him. She wouldn't care anyways.

"We're not allowed. Everything is fine. Father has sent his best Maesters to her. Have faith."

Meria scoffed but remained seated, although she turned around and looked at the King himself. He talked to Otto Hightower, his Hand and Alicent's father, but didn't seem nervous at all. Of course not. He was not the one who had to press a damned human out of his womb.

"There's Daemon." This little sentence was able to direct Meria's attention back to the tournament and her thoughts to drift away from her mother. She would never have admitted it but it was the first time she was really paying attention.

Daemon, now wearing his full armor and with a lance in his hand, rode his pitch-black horse up and down the arena and enjoyed the cheers and applause from the crowd above him. Meria simply had to roll his eyes while watching how he bathed in the attention.

Since he was the Prince of the City he was the first one allowed to choose his first opponent and with a mischievous grin in Otto's direction he chose Gwayne Hightower, the Hand's son.

People surrounding Meria placed their bets on Daemon only. Of course. Everyone knew that he was the best.

It was not a surprise that it did not take him long to throw the Hightower knight out of his saddle although he used his lance to irritate the opponent's horse, which was not exactly legit but it was Daemon, so no one dared to say something.