XXXIV. She wanted to know everything

*°*°*°*°

*°*°*°*°

116 AC

SHE WANTED TO KNOW EVERYTHING. About her family, Meria's life at court, her grandparents, but especially about all the dragons. Mother and daughter sat together on the little girl's bed and talked. Meria didn't think that it would feel this good to finally tell her about Rhaenyra and Aemma and everything else – except some stories which weren't exactly appropriate for a five-year-old.

Daemon on the other hand didn't show his face once for the whole day. Meria had no idea where he went off to after breakfast, but it angered her that he was absent and didn't say anything. Why wasn't he here with her and their daughter, especially because now Aunora knew about him being her father and she didn't seem to dislike it. Was he upset with Meria for some reason? Perhaps still because of last night? She didn't know and to be honest, she didn't want to think about it too much when her daughter sought her attention right now.

After reading one of her favorite stories to her, Meria closed the book and looked down at Aunora who was sitting next to her with her head against her mother's arm.

"Could you read me a Valyrian book next time?"

"Of course." She smiled and remembered how proud Daemon was when he had told her how much Aunora loved that old language and has already improved in speaking it.

"Sweetheart, I wanted to say that I am sorry for not telling you right away that Daemon is your father." Meria said because it was about time that those words left her mouth.

"Don't worry mama. It was fun letting you think that I have no clue."

That caused the young mother to roll her eyes. "You and your father are very much alike. Not only in terms of appearance."

"You like him very much." Aunora spoke quietly and fiddled with the blanket that covered her legs.

"I love him very much."

The girl looked up at her mother with narrowed eyes. "Do you also kiss?"

"Would it bother you to see that?"

"No, I don't think so."

Relief washed over Meria like a wave to the shore and she smiled gladly. "I want you to be honest with me, Aunora. Do you like Daemon?" Without hesitation, Aunora nodded vehemently. "I am very glad to know that, you know? He is part of our life now."

"Why didn't he come here earlier?"

"It was my fault. He couldn't find me. If I had reached out to him and told him that he has a daughter, he would have come sooner."

"Okay."

"Now sleep, sweetheart." After placing a kiss on her daughter's head, Meria stood up from the bed and extinguished the candle on the bedside table with two fingers. "Good night."