XXXIX. Home

*°*°*°*°*

116 AC – five months later

HOME. Meria, Daemon and Aunora have established something like that over the last five months while her pregnancy moved forward without any issues. To their great fortune they had the opportunity to move out of the Drennar's mansion and into Syren's old employer's estate who had passed months ago. The lord's house was too big for his wife and she moved somewhere closer to her children in the town center.

It was not far from Syren and Helaya, which was good because they could visit each other easily. Helaya helped a lot during Meria's pregnancy and would also do so when it was time to give birth. Another reason was that her company kept Meria sane. Daemon kept his promise of not letting her do anything on her own, including going to work. This time, she understood his point though. Working in a tavern and dealing with drunken guys and all the stress would do no good while being with child. They agreed that she could return to her work after the babe was born and only if she felt well enough for it. The discussion with Erina on the other hand didn't go as smooth. It came as no surprise to her that Daemon and Meria were in a relationship, but hearing that Meria – for her still Dania – was suddenly with child and would not come to work for a long time, didn't really please her. They did not exactly fight and Erina was happy for Meria because she was her friend but she was also a skilled and valuable colleague. Working without her in her tavern would be hard. Meria couldn't change it though, on the one hand because she wouldn't do anything to put the life of their unborn child at risk and on the other hand because she wouldn't dare start a fight about that with Daemon.

Moving away, even if it was not far, was new for Aunora and Meria feared that it would be too much in short space of time, but she managed all the changes surprisingly well. Especially the pregnancy. No day went by without her asking when the babe would be there because she was looking forward to it so much. Just like today.

Meria sat in between her two favorite people on the couch in their living room. There was a fire crackling in the fireplace and filling their livingroom with a coziness she desired. Daemon sat at the end of the couch with Meria's feet inside his lap. He massaged them and her calves gently, trying to get her to relax because she had complained about them hurting previously. Aunora sat at the other end and was reading to her parents in High Valyrian, showing them what she had learnt so far. Occasionally, she would put the book down and ask them questions.

"When will the babe be there?"

Aunora, whose head was on one of the pillows, rolled her eyes internally. "One or two months, sweetheart." She earned a groan and Daemon smiled to himself.

"But why does it take sooo long?"

"Don't be so impatient, little dragon. Your mother is growing another human inside of her. That takes time." Aunora pouted. "Believe me, when he is there and keeps crying and crying you wish you'd enjoyed this time some more."

There he did it again. Meria's eyes snapped open and she looked at Daemon whose eyes were on their daughter. He said it again. Called their babe a boy again, not particularly but he said 'he' in front of Aunora. Meria knew that he wanted a boy. He would never say it out loud, fearing what it would do to Meria since the death of their firstborn son, but she knew and she prayed everyday that this child was a boy.

She suddenly felt Daemon's fingers grazing up her legs underneath her dress, his cold rings on her warm skin leaving goosebumps on it.

"Apart from that, does you mother not look absolutely ravishing like that?" His lewd grin made her shoot him a warning glance and move her legs. This was not the right moment for something like that. Knowing exactly what he was doing, he continued to stroke her inner leg with his left hand while his right one moved to lay on her belly. He leaned towards her so that his next words wouldn't be heard by Aunora.